Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like we will be the new Browns
While the Browns actually have a head coach that's not a moron and are making moves to beef up their offensive line and securing a second round pick by taking on Osweiller's contract, the Bengals lose the two core pieces needed and re-sign a piece that's easily replaceable. I'd say the Bengals only win 1 game next year if they're are lucky. First the Reds get rid of all their pieces and have started to suck again, now the Bengals are going down the same path of suckage. Welcome to Cincinnati, the home of losers.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:55 PM)Trademark Wrote: While the Browns actually have a head coach that's not a moron and are making moves to beef up their offensive line and securing a second round pick by taking on Osweiller's contract, the Bengals lose the two core pieces needed and re-sign a piece that's easily replaceable. I'd say the Bengals only win 1 game next year if they're are lucky. First the Reds get rid of all their pieces and have started to suck again, now the Bengals are going down the same path of suckage. Welcome to Cincinnati, the home of losers.

Yep the Browns are making an effort.  Last place is very possible.  
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Well at least he have collage basketball to root for!
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:59 PM)The_WiseOne Wrote: Well at least he have collage basketball to root for!

I'm a Kentucky fan in CB, so true that.
[Image: 83-A0733-D-167-F-44-AB-9994-4-BE98-E6-E353-B.webp]
Reply/Quote
Bengals Free Agency: The REAL March Madness....
Reply/Quote
I made that in general because I know Kentucky,UC, and X there all good teams
Reply/Quote
The other 'football' team in town, FC Cincinnati might be pretty good. Hopefully good enough they will be an MLS team in next few years.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 07:55 PM)Trademark Wrote: While the Browns actually have a head coach that's not a moron and are making moves to beef up their offensive line and securing a second round pick by taking on Osweiller's contract, the Bengals lose the two core pieces needed and re-sign a piece that's easily replaceable. I'd say the Bengals only win 1 game next year if they're are lucky. First the Reds get rid of all their pieces and have started to suck again, now the Bengals are going down the same path of suckage. Welcome to Cincinnati, the home of losers.

I like Hue but the RJIII move was BAD..... so lets see what happens.. they still don;t have a quality QB
Reply/Quote
Remember when the Browns ripped off the Falcons by getting all those draft picks just so ATL could move up in the draft and take that WR

Remember when that non-moron coach got the better of the Bengals by getting their disgruntled QB for next to nothing.

Me either. This time of year is so entertaining around here.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when the Browns ripped off the Falcons by getting all those draft picks just so ATL could move up in the draft and take that WR

Remember when that non-moron coach got the better of the Bengals by getting their disgruntled QB for next to nothing.

The Bengals just put the worst O Lineman on the team in charge of Andy's blindside, so we have the Browns beat in stupidity this year.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:42 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: The Bengals just put the worst O Lineman on the team in charge of Andy's blindside, so we have the Browns beat in stupidity this year.

I would seriously consider moving Jake Fisher to the left tackle spot instead.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:07 PM)Fan_in_Kettering Wrote: I would seriously consider moving Jake Fisher to the left tackle spot instead.

Hobspin's already crowned Ced the new left tackle on Bengals.com.  We are in for another 90s and I'm not going there with them.  They need to make some improvements to the O line now.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 08:39 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Remember when the Browns ripped off the Falcons by getting all those draft picks just so ATL could move up in the draft and take that WR

Maybe there are some knee jerk reactions in here, but can you honestly say you're comfortable with how things have transpired today? Whether they should or should not have thrown the same (or more) money than these other teams did at whit and zeitler, I don't know. But what I do know is that regardless of whether they should or should not have, this team has taken steps backwards today. I can only hope that they can find a way to plug some of the holes in the dam before it completely let's go. This certainly isn't the end of the world but is it the beginning of the end? Stay tuned.

Reply/Quote
Remember when our offensive line sucked last year?

Throwing huge money at the oldest member of that same line that sucked and making another the highest paid at his position in the entire league would have been batshit crazy.

No matter how you put it. Most people are complaining we didn't dump huge money into keeping the same sucky group intact.
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:28 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Remember when our offensive line sucked last year?

Throwing huge money at the oldest member of that same line that sucked and making another the highest paid at his position in the entire league would have been batshit crazy.

No matter how you put it. Most people are complaining we didn't dump huge money into keeping the same sucky group intact.

lol Zeitler and Whit were the only good parts of that sucky line. That's why people are mad. The Oline didnt suck because of those two. That's for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:34 PM)MentalRage Wrote: lol Zeitler and Whit were the only good parts of that sucky line. That's why people are mad. The Oline didnt suck because of those two. That's for sure. 

We sucked with those two. 

I'm just saying. Spending enormous money so we can keep the same group together never seemed like the best move to me. 

OL draft picks struggling their first couple years isn't abnormal. We will see improvement out of Fisher and Ogbuehi. Will it be enough? Hopefully.

Now we are forced to add new bodies to the group that needed it instead of keeping the same ones who just contributed to suckage and paying them out the ass. 
Reply/Quote

While I agree there is a lot of over reacting, are you really able to sit there and tell me that it doesn't get to you everything that's happened to the team in the past 12 hours?

It doesn't get to you, that the coach and the owner, have preached that we build through the draft, we keep our own, and reward our good draft picks, but then totally do the complete opposite?

Not even a little?
Reply/Quote
I've mentioned in multiple posts the Bengals are rebuilding. Nobody believed me. I bet you do now.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
(03-09-2017, 09:49 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: We sucked with those two. 

I'm just saying. Spending enormous money so we can keep the same group together never seemed like the best move to me. 

OL draft picks struggling their first couple years isn't abnormal. We will see improvement out of Fisher and Ogbuehi. Will it be enough? Hopefully.

Now we are forced to add new bodies to the group that needed it instead of keeping the same ones who just contributed to suckage and paying them out the ass. 

Okay now I have to wise you up you do realize that Whitworth allowed just one sack in the last two years and Zeitler just allowed two sacks last year in an 45 sack year!
43 of those sacks were by the other lineman you understand now it's not going to be a pretty site Andy will not survive the year
Reply/Quote
its understandable to be frustrated, but it seems like every off season somebody points to the browns and wants the Bengals to be like them. Which is weird to me since the last decade we've been competitive, while they've had a handful of top 10 picks.
Reply/Quote