Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like whit is coming back
(03-06-2017, 06:57 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Why does anyone expect anything signed before he is officially able to gauge his value on the market?

I'm quite certain his agent is going to collect the offer values and take them back to the FO to see what can be done to match them.

Well Whit said he wanted to be back here right after the season ended.

If we get in a bidding war we will most likely lose everytime. Especially if Hobspin is correct and we are only willing to
spend 15 million on our own FA's. This means Whit will go somewhere else and we will be in tailspin mode.
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 07:01 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well Whit said he wanted to be back here right after the season ended.

If we get in a bidding war we will most likely lose everytime. Especially if Hobspin is correct and we are only willing to
spend 15 million on our own FA's. This means Whit will go somewhere else and we will be in tailspin mode.

If you let Whit get away, you might as well clean house.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 07:05 PM)McC Wrote: If you let Whit get away, you might as well clean house.

Well that ain't happening either from what i am seeing. Marv would of already been gone along with PA.

Zamp and Haslett should be gone as well if we were cleaning house.

Have to start with the biggest problem, the terrible coaches.

If Whit is gone i am expecting us to atleast grab one of the lower tier Free Agent OT's to act like they are doing something.

We will probably then have a decent draft but won't be able to go BPA cause of the poor FA so it will just even out.

Losing Whit and Zeitler is just complete ineptness man after last season.

The OL was already a concern, now they let it go to complete shit?

This is unbelievable even for this franchise. Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 03:27 PM)Wyche Wrote: Ahhh, I must say, that is surprising.....I would not have thought that.  We know how Ced ranked, but do you have any PFF numbers on Fish and Winston from last season?  I'm curious to see how vastly improved they were over Ogbuehi.  Thanks for the clarification.  I guess Og was SO bad, he made Smith look better (in my mind) than he actually was!

Idk exact numbers but I know Ced was worse which is remarkably sad.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Since money always seems to be tight in Cincinnati, bringing in veterans Nick Mangold and Sebastian Vollmer might be prudent. These men should be invited for informal visits, nothing serious, unless of course they still have fire in the belly and some skills left. Neither player are associated with a current team since both were cut but you can never have enough offensive linemen in the offseason to pick from in camp.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 03:27 PM)WychesWarrior Wrote: Ahhh, I must say, that is surprising.....I would not have thought that.  We know how Ced ranked, but do you have any PFF numbers on Fish and Winston from last season?  I'm curious to see how vastly improved they were over Ogbuehi.  Thanks for the clarification.  I guess Og was SO bad, he made Smith look better (in my mind) than he actually was!

I never wanted Andre gone in the first place. He was affordable and solid, PFF numbers or not. Btw, assuming that grade was for all tackles, 38th actually wouldn't be bad.

(03-06-2017, 06:03 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: Seriously though, I hope like hell they get something worked out with Whit, because the thought of this O-line without him and Zeitler is frightening. Mellow

I can't even imagine. Boling would then be our best lineman by far. Not saying Boling is bad, but yikes.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
You would have liked to see something done with Whit before the "legal tampering" period began today. I've thought all along that I would not be surprised to see him move on to a contender. He has made his money and I'm sure would like a legitimate shot at a ring. If he does leave, then I think we all wish him well and hope he gets it.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 12:18 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: You would have liked to see something done with Whit before the "legal tampering" period began today.  I've thought all along that I would not be surprised to see him move on to a contender.  He has made his money and I'm sure would like a legitimate shot at a ring.  If he does leave, then I think we all wish him well and hope he gets it.

Yeah there cant be any hard feelings...   Whit has to look out for whats best for him.  He doesn't have a many years left in the league and if he doesn't believe this team can get him a ring then he should move on...  

Cant be hard feelings for the bengals either if whit does leave.  They have to prepare for next season and for long term.. While whit would be great to have next season..  Hes no longer a long term asset at this point in his career.   And the bengals drafted to prepare for this (how those picks turn out is still to be determined...)   
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:19 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: Yeah there cant be any hard feelings...   Whit has to look out for whats best for him.  He doesn't have a many years left in the league and if he doesn't believe this team can get him a ring then he should move on...  

Cant be hard feelings for the bengals either if whit does leave.  They have to prepare for next season and for long term.. While whit would be great to have next season..  Hes no longer a long term asset at this point in his career.   And the bengals drafted to prepare for this (how those picks turn out is still to be determined...)   

I agree.  You always want to get rid of a player a year early than a year or two late.  I think this ability is one of the things that makes Belichick so great.  Problem is that the people drafted to replace both Whit and Andre have left a lot to be desired to this point, so now the team is in a bind.  Losing both Whit and Zeitler, and not bringing in free agent replacements would make next season a very long one.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:39 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: I agree.  You always want to get rid of a player a year early than a year or two late.  I think this ability is one of the things that makes Belichick so great.  Problem is that the people drafted to replace both Whit and Andre have left a lot to be desired to this point, so now the team is in a bind.  Losing both Whit and Zeitler, and not bringing in free agent replacements would make next season a very long one.

Yep.  And holding hostage the careers of Andy, AJ, Geno, etc. in the process.  If you lose the two best players on your line at once, given that you already have a lousy C and no RT, you probably have no choice but to start over.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:53 PM)McC Wrote: Yep.  And holding hostage the careers of Andy, AJ, Geno, etc. in the process.  If you lose the two best players on your line at once, given that you already have a lousy C and no RT, you probably have no choice but to start over.

If they have a line of Ogbuehi, Boling, Bodine, Westerman, and Fisher this team is in real trouble.  Andy better take out some extra insurance Nervous
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:56 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If they have a line of Ogbuehi, Boling, Bodine, Westerman, and Fisher this team is in real trouble.  Andy better take out some extra insurance Nervous

If that's our line, Andy won't be able to buy life insurance.

Reply/Quote
(03-06-2017, 07:14 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Well that ain't happening either from what i am seeing. Marv would of already been gone along with PA.

Zamp and Haslett should be gone as well if we were cleaning house.

Have to start with the biggest problem, the terrible coaches.

If Whit is gone i am expecting us to atleast grab one of the lower tier Free Agent OT's to act like they are doing something.

We will probably then have a decent draft but won't be able to go BPA cause of the poor FA so it will just even out.

Losing Whit and Zeitler is just complete ineptness man after last season.

The OL was already a concern, now they let it go to complete shit?

This is unbelievable even for this franchise. Whatever

It's almost like the fans weren't shocked that Zamp and Haslett would be below average in their first year of their new roles with the Bengals....

At least let Haslett go. The LB play overall was bad (or at least not thrilling) last year.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I just wish the FO and coaches tried to reassure Whit that we are trying to go after a ring.

Guess it wouldn't be genuine and Whit could see through it a mile away.

He be like "PA is still here, you seriously feeding me that?"

Dalton sure must be confident if our O-line looks the way Orlando here shown. :andy:

Of course i will support Whit wherever he goes and will be rooting for him to win it all, dude does deserve it.

He has flew under the radar for years when he should of been a Probowler for about 5 more seasons than he got.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:10 PM)ochocincos Wrote: It's almost like the fans weren't shocked that Zamp and Haslett would be below average in their first year of their new roles with the Bengals....

At least let Haslett go. The LB play overall was bad (or at least not thrilling) last year.

Never cared for Zamp as a QB coach, don't know why all of a sudden he would be a good OC.

Haslett was bad last year alright. Geunther got the Defense as a whole playing better last year but the LB were
still out of position a lot in the run game and couldn't cover TE's or RB's to save their lives. This is with Dansby
who a year before was excellent in coverage.

I know he is pry getting old but i contribute lots of this to Haslett. If you are not in a good position you already
lost in the NFL no matter how good you are in coverage.
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 02:56 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: If they have a line of Ogbuehi, Boling, Bodine, Westerman, and Fisher this team is in real trouble.  Andy better take out some extra insurance Nervous

That is a scary thought.
Reply/Quote
At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Whit go. He deserves to go to a contender. Bengals only trying to spend 15m of their 43m to better the roster just can't go over well with players who want to win.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:29 PM)jj22 Wrote: At this point I wouldn't be surprised to see Whit go. He deserves to go to a contender. Bengals only trying to spend 15m of their 43m to better the roster just can't go over well with players who want to win.

I'm still holding out hope that they get a deal done with Whit before Thursday at 4, but if not and he goes elsewhere...at least we'll bank that ever-important 5th round comp pick for 2018.  Whatever
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:54 PM)Bengalholic Wrote: I'm still holding out hope that they get a deal done with Whit before Thursday at 4, but if not and he goes elsewhere...at least we'll bank that ever-important 5th round comp pick for 2018.  Whatever

True, we aren't toast yet.

If it does get done i bet we actually do something in FA this year cause Whit will not come back if he is not assured
we are trying for a Lombardi. He has said as much, if Whit is back i will be back on the positive gravy train baby.

If not, i will be an emotional wreck...
Reply/Quote
(03-07-2017, 03:04 PM)McC Wrote: If that's our line, Andy won't be able to buy life insurance.

If that's our line, then they have zero interest in winning.
Reply/Quote