Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like whit is coming back
(03-03-2017, 06:42 PM)J24 Wrote: One player played like complete shit stop making shit up to fit your narrative. The fact is our line wasn't that good in 14 or 15 either and we were still a playoff team. Hell if Dalton doesn't get hurt in 15 we are probably in The AFC championship game at the very least.

Bub....if you think Russell Bodine looked good....or Eric Winston (not his fault at that age )....or Fisher was better than anything over mediocre....and that Clint Boling didn't look bad due to his injury.....you may wanna consider an eye exam.  Making up shit to fit a narrative my ass....lol. I will agree the line had been overrated....but Boling wasn't hurt and Andre Smith was way better than Og/Winston/Fisher. Shit....we played THREE RTs in 2016!

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 06:13 PM)McC Wrote: They are definitely not a LT away.  They were not that good last year.  If Whit goes, I don't think it will be about the money.  And I don't see anyone mentioned as having interest in him being very close to a SB.  And his dudes are here.  I like our chances.

They'd be old....but Whit and Romo might change the look of that team quite a bit.  If it DOES come down to a bidding war...he gone.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 06:13 PM)McC Wrote: They are definitely not a LT away.  They were not that good last year.  If Whit goes, I don't think it will be about the money.  And I don't see anyone mentioned as having interest in him being very close to a SB.  And his dudes are here.  I like our chances.

I agree, lets say best case scenario, they resign both Whit & Zietler. You still need to sure up RT, C, LG (Sorry, but Boling is avg at best).

I also think this defense needs to get younger. I think there are holes at DE, DT, WILL, SAM, FS,& CB.

That's is a pretty sizable list coupled with an inept front office. I think Bengals fans are looking at another 7-9 season at best. That of course if Dalton isn't killed by his porous Oline first.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 09:03 PM)Lawless_1 Wrote: And Warren Sapp.

Whitner is another that gave me blue ballz. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 10:40 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: I agree, lets say best case scenario, they resign both Whit & Zietler. You still need to sure up RT, C, LG (Sorry, but Boling is avg at best).

I also think this defense needs to get younger. I think there are holes at DE, DT, WILL, SAM, FS,& CB.

That's is a pretty sizable list coupled with an inept front office. I think Bengals fans are looking at another 7-9 season at best. That of course if Dalton isn't killed by his porous Oline first.

The OLine could be fixed in one off season, at least temporarily, provided Whit comes back.  
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 10:40 AM)bambino5130 Wrote: I agree, lets say best case scenario, they resign both Whit & Zietler. You still need to sure up RT, C, LG (Sorry, but Boling is avg at best).

Boling is better than Zeitler especially in run blocking. Unfair to judge him when he was injured.

Zeitler cannot pull. Boling can and gets upfield much faster and sets and edge. Shit Boling might be our best run blocking lineman.

Better even than Whit.

Those holes can be filled in FA and the draft pretty easily. I don't see FS as a need with Derron Smith, Josh Shaw and Fej in the wings.
Reply/Quote

I think we'll be lucky to win 7 games if Ogbuehi, Bodine, Fisher, and some nobody jobber backup RG comprise our starting offensive line.  Even Boling had his struggles last year.  That line is a shit show and will smother the offense before it even gets started, regardless of who's running, throwing, or catching the football.  Andy Dalton will be David Klingler version 2.0.  

I think 5-11 or 4-12 is a real possibility behind a line that epically bad.  The fact that there's actually an article on the mothership talking about how great they still think Ogbuehi is scares the hell out of me.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:31 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Whitner is another that gave me blue ballz. Mellow

Sapp was bad. There was once a rumor that we'd trade for Drew Bledsoe, but then he refused to be traded to Cincy. That hurt.

Then you have the Shaun Rogers snafu, Barry Foster retiring after signing, and Kevin Greene going elsewhere after he was flown in on coach.

The joys of being a Bengals fan during the Mike Brown era. Gaah
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:38 PM)samhain Wrote: I think we'll be lucky to win 7 games if Ogbuehi, Bodine, Fisher, and some nobody jobber backup RG comprise our starting offensive line.  Even Boling had his struggles last year.  That line is a shit show and will smother the offense before it even gets started, regardless of who's running, throwing, or catching the football.  Andy Dalton will be David Klingler version 2.0.  

I think 5-11 or 4-12 is a real possibility behind a line that epically bad.  The fact that there's actually an article on the mothership talking about how great they still think Ogbuehi is scares the hell out of me.

I still have hope for Fisher and i think Bodine might be a servicable backup at Guard and Center.

Sucks they have the worst O-line coach in the league though and i agree on that article. Hope they don't really believe it.

You just don't settle for what could be. Gotta make it happen.

Bring back Whitworth, sign a FA like Ricky Wagner, Wisnewski, Warmack, Leary and draft accordingly and this could be turned around.

Don't rely on Og getting any better.

There is no question who put us in this situation though, he should of been fired right at the conclusion of the season if not mid season.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sapp was bad. There was once a rumor that we'd trade for Drew Bledsoe, but then he refused to be traded to Cincy. That hurt.

Then you have the Shaun Rogers snafu, Barry Foster retiring after signing, and Kevin Greene going elsewhere after he was flown in on coach.

Now i need a beer. Sad

If Whit doesn't come back look for more of this joy. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:44 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Sapp was bad. There was once a rumor that we'd trade for Drew Bledsoe, but then he refused to be traded to Cincy. That hurt.

Yea those hurt, it was Siragusa on coach tho. I'll give you a lot of credit for getting through that post without cursing. Oddly enough this is one of the few in this thread sans the s word. 
Reply/Quote
Quote:Nate (formerly eliminate08)
Now i need a beer. Sad

If Whit doesn't come back look for more of this joy. Mellow 

Maybe we're in luck and Whit is just a glutton for punishment.

(03-04-2017, 03:10 PM)phil413 Wrote: Yea those hurt, it was Siragusa on coach tho. I'll give you a lot of credit for getting through that post without cursing. Oddly enough this is one of the few in this thread sans the s word. 

I like your sig. Keep in mind though, that the Bengals value compensatory picks, so they might wait for another team to release a good FA RT. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 12:30 AM)Wyche Wrote: Bub....if you think Russell Bodine looked good....or Eric Winston (not his fault at that age )....or Fisher was better than anything over mediocre....and that Clint Boling didn't look bad due to his injury.....you may wanna consider an eye exam.  Making up shit to fit a narrative my ass....lol.  I will agree the line had been overrated....but Boling wasn't hurt and Andre Smith was way better than Og/Winston/Fisher.  Shit....we played THREE RTs in 2016!

Fisher and Winston were not nearly as bad as It was before it. Of course Fisher had his share of issues but he played much better than og and still has upside. Also Andre Smith was rated a 39 last season by PFF  so he still wasn't good but in fairness better than OG.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 04:16 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Maybe we're in luck and Whit is just a glutton for punishment.

I like your sig. Keep in mind though, that the Bengals value compensatory picks, so they might wait for another team to release a good FA RT. 

I think you just gave birth to a new meme with a pic of Mike Brown sniffing the air.   Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 06:49 PM)phil413 Wrote: I think you just gave birth to a new meme with a pic of Mike Brown sniffing the air.   Hilarious

Toucan Mike: "Just follow your nose!"
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 06:49 PM)phil413 Wrote: I think you just gave birth to a new meme with a pic of Mike Brown sniffing the air.   Hilarious

I was in an elevator with him, and just as the door was opening I asked "Does anyone smell popcorn?"
Some say you can place your ear next to his, and hear the ocean ....

[Image: 6QSgU8D.gif?1]
Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 05:11 PM)J24 Wrote: Fisher and Winston were not nearly as bad as It was before it. Of course Fisher had his share of issues but he played much better than og and still has upside. Also Andre Smith was rated a 39 last season by PFF  so he still wasn't good but in fairness better than OG.

I'm talking about Smith in 2015....

Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 05:18 AM)Wyche Wrote: I'm talking about Smith in 2015....

Hard to judge his performance last year when he only played 4 games. His first 4 with a new team.
Reply/Quote
(03-05-2017, 01:52 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Hard to judge his performance last year when he only played 4 games. His first 4 with a new team.

Good point too.  I was comparing the 2015 Bengals o line to 2016.

Reply/Quote
(03-04-2017, 02:38 PM)samhain Wrote: I think we'll be lucky to win 7 games if Ogbuehi, Bodine, Fisher, and some nobody jobber backup RG comprise our starting offensive line.  Even Boling had his struggles last year.  That line is a shit show and will smother the offense before it even gets started, regardless of who's running, throwing, or catching the football.  Andy Dalton will be David Klingler version 2.0.  

Yes, that opinion is an indication of a severe mental disorder. Add Marvy's no concern for the Oline and someone (s)should be instutionalized. Sick

IMHO Bodine is the key factor. WHEN (not if) the defender pushes Bodine back and charges through the right side,  Andy is quickly in DEEP, DEEP trouble...as in his life is flashing before his eyes.
When the defender pushes Bodine back and charges through the left side, Andy has to move out of the pocket but still may complete the play.
When Bodine is pushed back and the defender runs straight over top of Bodine's body Andy is sacked.
See how simple this is? Even I can figure it out. Hilarious
Reply/Quote