Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Looks like whit is coming back
Boys....don't get too excited about 77 coming back.  If it gets to a bidding war, you KNOW how that will end, and a bidding war is looking more and more likely.....

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26197/bengals-lt-andrew-whitworth-likely-to-test-free-agent-market

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 12:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boys....don't get too excited about 77 coming back.  If it gets to a bidding war, you KNOW how that will end, and a bidding war is looking more and more likely.....

http://www.espn.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/26197/bengals-lt-andrew-whitworth-likely-to-test-free-agent-market

You scarred me and then i saw ESPN...

I was like...    Sad

Then i was like...    Mellow
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 01:00 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: You scarred me and then i saw ESPN...

I was like...    Sad

Then i was like...    Mellow

LOL....that was just the article I linked, there were a couple others discussing it too.  If he hits the market, he's gone.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 12:53 PM)Wyche Wrote: Boys....don't get too excited about 77 coming back.  If it gets to a bidding war, you KNOW how that will end, and a bidding war is looking more and more likely.....

Well the only teams that will be interested will be contenders (rebuilding teams won't want a 35 y.o. Tackle) with a need at LT.

How many teams would we be bidding against? Maybe the Broncos. Anyone else?

Of course the easy comeback to this is that the Bengals probably wouldn't win a bidding war with even 1 team.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 01:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Well the only teams that will be interested will be contenders (rebuilding teams won't want a 35 y.o. Tackle) with a need at LT.

How many teams would we be bidding against? Maybe the Broncos. Anyone else?

Of course the easy comeback to this is that the Bengals probably wouldn't win a bidding war with even 1 team.

The Broncos are exactly who I'm looking at after the release of Okung.

Reply/Quote
Whit want's to sign with a contender. Hobs says Bengals only plan on spending 15m. Whit saw that and that was that. Players are just as disgusted as we are wit the lack of urgency.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
I don't know why people don't think this team is a contender with a healthy AJ Green and with a Healthy Tyler Eifert were in the playoffs last year. This team isn't light years a way from competing like some suggest.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
J24 Wrote:I don't know why people don't think this team is a contender with a healthy AJ Green and with a Healthy Tyler Eifert were in the playoffs last year.  This team isn't light years a way from competing like some suggest.

No, the Bengals aren't light years away, but it's naive to think there aren't improvements to be made...and vast improvements at that...in personnel, coaching, and especially attitude. Some guys need to go, and other guys need to be used more. Most of all, the Bengals need to get better at recognizing when something isn't working, and not wait until the season is nearly done before doing something about it.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 02:23 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't know why people don't think this team is a contender with a healthy AJ Green and with a Healthy Tyler Eifert were in the playoffs last year.  This team isn't light years a way from competing like some suggest.

The line played like shit no matter who was running the routes.  They were out of PO contention by the time AJ went down.  Light years away?  No, not until Whit and KZ both leave town, then they will be.  They really aren't all that great either.

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 02:23 PM)J24 Wrote: I don't know why people don't think this team is a contender with a healthy AJ Green and with a Healthy Tyler Eifert were in the playoffs last year.  This team isn't light years a way from competing like some suggest.

Contending for what?  Another one and done in the playoffs?  They aren't light years away, I agree, but I don't think the fo will make the necessary moves to put us in position for a super bowl run.

Last I saw shitsburgh locked up their own top two players.  I'm sure the patriots have a plan in place.  Denver isn't light years away.  Kc is still solid.  The raiders and Titans are getting closer and Houston just needs a qb.

But we did a kicker and a slot CB.
Reply/Quote

I doubt we make the playoffs if both Green and Eifert were healthy.

The offensive line was pretty bad and gave up a lot of sacks. We couldn't run the ball. The defense was pretty bad the 1st half of the year too.

That said...if we had the best possible health...we're 8-8 or 9-7.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 04:51 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: I doubt we make the playoffs if both Green and Eifert were healthy.

The offensive line was pretty bad and gave up a lot of sacks. We couldn't run the ball. The defense was pretty bad the 1st half of the year too.

That said...if we had the best possible health...we're 8-8 or 9-7.

idk while we lost a lot of games we weren't very far out of most of them.  Having Eifert over the middle would have helped I think.  because outside of that he was breaking in 3 new to him WRs.  

Well that and if we had a kicker worth a damn last year...
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 01:11 PM)Wyche Wrote: The Broncos are exactly who I'm looking at after the release of Okung.

They are definitely not a LT away.  They were not that good last year.  If Whit goes, I don't think it will be about the money.  And I don't see anyone mentioned as having interest in him being very close to a SB.  And his dudes are here.  I like our chances.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 02:46 PM)Wyche Wrote:  

The line played like shit no matter who was running the routes.  They were out of PO contention by the time AJ went down.  Light years away?  No, not until Whit and KZ both leave town, then they will be.  They really aren't all that great either.

One player played like complete shit stop making shit up to fit your narrative. The fact is our line wasn't that good in 14 or 15 either and we were still a playoff team. Hell if Dalton doesn't get hurt in 15 we are probably in The AFC championship game at the very least.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 06:13 PM)McC Wrote: They are definitely not a LT away.  They were not that good last year.  If Whit goes, I don't think it will be about the money.  And I don't see anyone mentioned as having interest in him being very close to a SB.  And his dudes are here.  I like our chances.

That is more like it McC, i like it when you are positive some of the time. Smirk

(03-03-2017, 06:42 PM)J24 Wrote: One player played like complete shit stop making shit up to fit your narrative. The fact is our line wasn't that good in 14 or 15 either and we were still a playoff team. Hell if Dalton doesn't get hurt in 15 we are probably in The AFC championship game at the very least.

It was that one player and the shitty ass O-line coach that kept him out there. Sure we are not a bad team but until
this O-line coach is gone and we have a guy that can coach up mid round O-lineman we aren't going to make noise
in the Playoffs. Marv can't outcoach a good coach and PA cannot coach up his own players that he picks.

I love Dalton, Green and Eifert but they are seriously held back by numerous coaches including Zampese.

Our line in 15' was much better than last years.
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 06:52 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: That is more like it McC, i like it when you are positive some of the time. Smirk

It was that one player and the shitty ass O-line coach that kept him out there. Sure we are not a bad team but until
this O-line coach is gone and we have a guy that can coach up mid round O-lineman we aren't going to make noise
in the Playoffs. Marv can't outcoach a good coach and PA cannot coach up his own players that he picks.

I love Dalton, Green and Eifert but they are seriously held back by numerous coaches including Zampese.

Our line in 15' was much better than last years.

Ya know...  both lines haven't looked very good in the playoffs.

That's because there are shlubs that we get by with like Peko, MJ, insert crappy O-linemen/Center.

They can hang with these weak links in the regular season but once they hit post season those weaknesses show.

Both lines get neutralized by more solid opposition.  Strengths like Geno, Dunlap, Whit don't make a bit of difference.

I know someone will cry about them hanging against the Steelers the last playoff appearance(the meltdown)but that really was not a very good team.
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(03-03-2017, 08:10 PM)BengalsRocker Wrote: Ya know...  both lines haven't looked very good in the playoffs.

That's because there are shlubs that we get by with like Peko, MJ, insert crappy O-linemen/Center.

They can hang with these weak links in the regular season but once they hit post season those weaknesses show.

Both lines get neutralized by more solid opposition.  Strengths like Geno, Dunlap, Whit don't make a bit of difference.

I know someone will cry about them hanging against the Steelers the last playoff appearance(the meltdown)but that really was not a very good team.

True, our weaknesses nullify our strengths. If we just improved on the soggy shit sandwich it would help some i would think.

Hoping for Billings to be half of what i think he could be, hoping we draft a decent pass rusher and improve our O-line.

Still have a couple major weaknesses in Marv and PA coaching to nullify these moves though if they even happen.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2017, 11:11 PM)Pat5775 Wrote: Great news but not getting my hopes up until it's official. The Shaun Rogers debacle taught me to be careful about getting my hopes up with this team #neverforget

And Warren Sapp.
[Image: Untitleddfcopycopycopycopy_zps872b23c3.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2017, 09:24 AM)spazz70 Wrote: Imagine if this is not true and we have CedO, Boling, Bodine, ???, Fisher....Yikes, I will take Whit signing to start with.....That is a giant mess....  Mangold is a MB signing all over it...Bodine was called out last year and even replaced a couple times in games the last couple of years, so they know there is an issue to a point.    Whit, Boling, Mangold, (draft pick, Hopkins, Westerman, FA), (CedO, Fisher, Winston).  At least you shore up the left side and Center and hopefully someone is coached up or steps up on the right side.
It’s no secret that Russell Bodine is the weakest link among all starters on the Bengals roster, but he benefits from the strong support of his coaches. We’re not really sure what the coaches are seeing, because the rest of the world is seeing arguably the NFL’s worst starting center.

The graders at Pro Football Focus have had Bodine ranked near the bottom of their rankings in each of his first three seasons, and it’s easy to see why watching him on a consistent basis.
The only guys who’ve ranked worse have typically been backups thrust into a starting role because of injury to the starter. It’s felt like the Bengals were playing with a backup here for much of the past three years, so it’s only fair Bodine is ranked like one.
Reply/Quote
Reading the above posts and article just makes me think of the 90s all over again. A team that can't buy a right decision even if it were free of charge.

Denver values talented veteran players who are leaders and have undisputed intangibles. Whit has all of the above and he's the kind of guy Elway goes for. Elway knows full well that one Whit in hand is worth any draft pick on the board, so why not spend a little?

This isn't like Andre Smith a few years ago. Andre over valued himself and he had a history of weight issues. Whit just doesn't fit in those categories at all. The only team that would low-ball Whit is the one run by Mikey Brown.

Reply/Quote