Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
Los Angeles is screwed
(12-09-2020, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You lied.

"Not prosecuting" does not mean "ignoring". It generally means processing the charges trough diversion programs that require counselling or other requirements.

You are officially a person with zero integrity.  
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 03:45 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You lied.

"Not prosecuting" does not mean "ignoring". It generally means processing the charges trough diversion programs that require counselling or other requirements.

BTW, you are the only person who used the word "ignoring".  Again, you have no integrity.
Reply/Quote
(12-08-2020, 03:47 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: imagine being a small business owner in a county in which shoplifting will essentially be ignored.  

(12-09-2020, 03:53 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: BTW, you are the only person who used the word "ignoring".  Again, you have no integrity.

HilariousLMAOLOL
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 03:49 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: You are officially a person with zero integrity.  

You officially refused to deny that what I said is 100% true.

Again you resort to personal attacks when you can't dispute my actual point
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 03:59 PM)fredtoast Wrote: You officially refused to deny that what I said is 100% true.

Again you resort to personal attacks when you can't dispute my actual point

Pointing out the obvious is not a personal attack, Fred.  You do not, and have never, debate in an honest fashion.  The tone of the board when you are "not around" is 100% better on every level.  If this is interpreted as a personal attack I do apologize, but it's my honest opinion from dealing with you for over a decade.  So we can be done now.
Reply/Quote
(12-09-2020, 04:02 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Pointing out the obvious is not a personal attack, Fred. 

But what I said was true while you were the one who lied.

So how does that mean I have zero integrity?
Reply/Quote
For those of you honestly interested, here is a link to all the new directives the ne DA issued on the day of his swearing in.

https://da.lacounty.gov/about/Inside-LADA

None of them are good, but the Youth "Justice" directive is the worst of the bunch.
Reply/Quote
So, a group home counselor was beaten to death by several residents over the weekend. I was told about this occurrence this morning, but it took until late today for this micro blurb of a news article to come out and for me to post about it.

https://abc7.com/wayfinder-family-services-david-mcknight-hillman-youth-counselor-beaten-to-death-fatal-attack/9356808/#:~:text=InternshipsABC7%20Shop-,Youth%20counselor%20beaten%20to%20death%20by%20teens,Angeles%20group%20home%2C%20officials%20say&text=Homicide%20detectives%20say%20the%20counselor,booked%20on%20charges%20of%20murder.

I have inside information about the attack that I obviously can't reveal, suffice to say that the attack was brutal and completely unprovoked. Now some here, the criminal apologists especially, might wonder how this ties in to the new piece of excrement LARPing as the Los Angeles County DA. Well, that's unfortunately, easy to explain.

I've posted it before, but here's the special directive regarding juvenile crime released on day one by Gascon.

https://da.lacounty.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/SPECIAL-DIRECTIVE-20-09.pdf

Of special not for this case is the following excerpt;

Crimes involving property damage or minor altercations with group home
(STRTP) staff, foster parents, and/or other youth shall not be charged when
the youth’s behaviors can reasonably be related to the child’s mental health or
trauma history. Involvement in the justice system can exacerbate, rather than
improve, mental health issues or trauma and seeking resolution or supports through
alternatives like restorative justice and health systems can better address the root
causes of such behaviors,

Now, it took all of a few days before this information filtered to the juveniles involved in the justice system. BTW, this information is usually disseminated by the PD's, who I have personally heard tell kids that "don't worry, they can't do anything to you now" on more than one occasion. Not being the deepest thinkers they assume this gives them license to attack staff with impunity, and consequently attacks on group home staff have risen significantly since the week or so after Gascon was sworn in (don't ask me for proof, the numbers aren't available to the public so either believe me or don't), culminating in this attack that left a 25 year old man dead who was just trying to protect his coworkers from being assaulted.

I can tell you this incident is almost unprecedented, I can recall nothing like it in my 20+ years on the job. I'm sure the usual suspects will explain it away, or attempt to mitigate, but a young man is dead, brutally beaten. Gascon has this man's blood on his hands and anyone who supports his policies does as well. I only hope it won't take a lot more such victims for Los Angeles to reject this "progressive" garbage and actually treat criminals like criminals and start actually thinking about the people they victimize.

Here's a better reporting of the incident I just found.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/01/04/wayfinder-family-services-counselor-dies-assault-6-in-custody/
Reply/Quote
Here's another good read on the grange happening in Los Angeles County right now. I really hope the ADDA lawsuit and the judges can put the breaks on this reprehensible person.

https://californiaglobe.com/section-2/la-judge-rebukes-da-gascons-lawless-new-policies-siding-with-criminals/
Reply/Quote
(01-04-2021, 11:46 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: So, a group home counselor was beaten to death by several residents over the weekend. I was told about this occurrence this morning, but it took until late today for this micro blurb of a news article to come out and for me to post about it.

https://abc7.com/wayfinder-family-services-david-mcknight-hillman-youth-counselor-beaten-to-death-fatal-attack/9356808/#:~:text=InternshipsABC7%20Shop-,Youth%20counselor%20beaten%20to%20death%20by%20teens,Angeles%20group%20home%2C%20officials%20say&text=Homicide%20detectives%20say%20the%20counselor,booked%20on%20charges%20of%20murder.

I have inside information about the attack that I obviously can't reveal, suffice to say that the attack was brutal and completely unprovoked.  Now some here, the criminal apologists especially, might wonder how this ties in to the new piece of excrement LARPing as the Los Angeles County DA.  Well, that's unfortunately, easy to explain.

I've posted it before, but here's the special directive regarding juvenile crime released on day one by Gascon.

https://da.lacounty.gov/sites/default/files/pdf/SPECIAL-DIRECTIVE-20-09.pdf

Of special not for this case is the following excerpt;

Crimes involving property damage or minor altercations with group home
(STRTP) staff, foster parents, and/or other youth shall not be charged when
the youth’s behaviors can reasonably be related to the child’s mental health or
trauma history. Involvement in the justice system can exacerbate, rather than
improve, mental health issues or trauma and seeking resolution or supports through
alternatives like restorative justice and health systems can better address the root
causes of such behaviors,

Now, it took all of a few days before this information filtered to the juveniles involved in the justice system.  BTW, this information is usually disseminated by the PD's, who I have personally heard tell kids that "don't worry, they can't do anything to you now" on more than one occasion.  Not being the deepest thinkers they assume this gives them license to attack staff with impunity, and consequently attacks on group home staff have risen significantly since the week or so after Gascon was sworn in (don't ask me for proof, the numbers aren't available to the public so either believe me or don't), culminating in this attack that left a 25 year old man dead who was just trying to protect his coworkers from being assaulted.  

I can tell you this incident is almost unprecedented, I can recall nothing like it in my 20+ years on the job.  I'm sure the usual suspects will explain it away, or attempt to mitigate, but a young man is dead, brutally beaten.  Gascon has this man's blood on his hands and anyone who supports his policies does as well.  I only hope it won't take a lot more such victims for Los Angeles to reject this "progressive" garbage and actually treat criminals like criminals and start actually thinking about the people they victimize.

Here's a better reporting of the incident I just found.

https://losangeles.cbslocal.com/2021/01/04/wayfinder-family-services-counselor-dies-assault-6-in-custody/

There is no way to blame a policy regarding "minor altercations" on an increase in physical assaults.  Physical assaults are not "minor altercations".

In fact it appears that law enforcement and prosecutors are the ones to blame for lying to youth and telling them they can get away with physical assaults when it just is not true.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 03:16 AM)fredtoast Wrote: There is no way to blame a policy regarding "minor altercations" on an increase in physical assaults.  Physical assaults are not "minor altercations".

In fact it appears that law enforcement and prosecutors are the ones to blame for lying to youth and telling them they can get away with physical assaults when it just is not true.

Attacks on these counselors are relatively common all over the country, unfortunately. The company I work for often provides things like panic buttons to them because the assaults are relatively frequent. There was actually a similar attack about 10 years ago an hour outside LA at a group home so not sure this is an "unprecedented" situation for the area as it has been framed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: Attacks on these counselors are relatively common all over the country, unfortunately. The company I work for often provides things like panic buttons to them because the assaults are relatively frequent. There was actually a similar attack about 10 years ago an hour outside LA at a group home so not sure this is an "unprecedented" situation for the area as it has been framed. 

This is just an example of the disinformation law enforcement and prosecutors sre spreading in order to encourage lawlessness. They are intent on subverting the will of the electorate so they are flooding media and social media with lies like "shoplifting will be ignored" in order to drive up the crime rate.  Public defenders are not stupid enough to tell juveniles that nothing will be done to them for physically attacking anyone.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 09:04 AM)Au165 Wrote: Attacks on these counselors are relatively common all over the country, unfortunately. The company I work for often provides things like panic buttons to them because the assaults are relatively frequent. There was actually a similar attack about 10 years ago an hour outside LA at a group home so not sure this is an "unprecedented" situation for the area as it has been framed. 

Unprecedented in severity and result.  I am well aware that group home staff are assaulted all the time, I was one for close to three years before being hired by my current employer.  Also, be cognizant of the fact that I am aware of the particulars of this assault, this was not a case of a guy got hit, fell funny and broke his neck.  This was a person literally beaten to death by a mob of residents.  People eager to defend this DA will of course explain away this as he "clearly" doesn't condone felonious assault.  Of course this presupposes that these kids can differentiate between what is crossing the line in this regard.  Gascon's own, publicly available, special directive indicates he will not prosecute assaults on group home staff that stem from minor "reacting to trauma".  Of course this is nebulous as hell and the general feeling on the street is that you can attack staff and nothing will happen because, generally, that is true.

I don't recall a single such incident resulting in a fatality in twenty plus years.  Gascon is elected, changes the rules, and this happens not a month later.  To label this a coincidence would be dishonesty of the highest order.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Unprecedented in severity and result.  I am well aware that group home staff are assaulted all the time, I was one for close to three years before being hired by my current employer.  Also, be cognizant of the fact that I am aware of the particulars of this assault, this was not a case of a guy got hit, fell funny and broke his neck.  This was a person literally beaten to death by a mob of residents.  People eager to defend this DA will of course explain away this as he "clearly" doesn't condone felonious assault.  Of course this presupposes that these kids can differentiate between what is crossing the line in this regard.  Gascon's own, publicly available, special directive indicates he will not prosecute assaults on group home staff that stem from minor "reacting to trauma".  Of course this is nebulous as hell and the general feeling on the street is that you can attack staff and nothing will happen because, generally, that is true.

I don't recall a single such incident resulting in a fatality in twenty plus years.  Gascon is elected, changes the rules, and this happens not a month later.  To label this a coincidence would be dishonesty of the highest order.

The incident in Yucaipa a decade ago was not a guy getting hit and falling and breaking his neck. The victim was beaten with a closet rod then hogtied and left to die by two teens. The fact you don't recall this past case does not make this particular case you are holding up as proof to be such, to do so is "dishonesty to the highest order".
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 12:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: The incident in Yucaipa a decade ago was not a guy getting hit and falling and breaking his neck. The victim was beaten with a closet rod then hogtied and left to die by two teens. The fact you don't recall this past case does not make this particular case you are holding up as proof to be such, to do so is "dishonesty to the highest order".

Yucaipa, as you know, is not in Los Angeles County, hence my not being aware of it.  For purposes of clarification, are you claiming there is no link to the soft on crime policies of the current DA and this incident?  Just an unhappy coincidence?
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:24 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Yucaipa, as you know, is not in Los Angeles County, hence my not being aware of it.  For purposes of clarification, are you claiming there is no link to the soft on crime policies of the current DA and this incident?  Just an unhappy coincidence?

I am aware of where it is located. I am also aware that in that case, which was just as brutal, there was no connection to juvenile charging directives and the fact they attacked and killed someone. 

Yep, I am claiming this. Just like I am claiming it for all of these...

https://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/2010/07/12/teens-to-face-trial-in-death-at-yucaipa-group-home/
https://www.ksl.com/article/85940/teens-charged-with-killing-group-home-counselor
https://buffalonews.com/news/employee-killed-in-group-home-two-rochester-teens-living-in-lockport-facility-caught-and-charged/article_6fb115bd-946b-5026-ba00-e7f40ec0ac3c.html
https://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/news/ci_5627768
https://abc30.com/archive/6594267/

You see almost every time one of these events occurs my company gets called in (I just threw a couple out that I had stories on), I am sure we will be called about the case you initially posted. These cases happen WAY more often than people think and no one claims they are the direct result of kids being up to date on all charging directives from the DA allowing them to form master plans for murder. The only time I have seen this applied is here, by you. I have however seen it mentioned many times by professionals in this field who call me that this is often because people in these places are more likely to be violent and in general.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:29 PM)Au165 Wrote: I am aware of where it is located. I am also aware that in that case, which was just as brutal, there was no connection to juvenile charging directives and the fact they attacked and killed someone. 

Yep, I am claiming this. Just like I am claiming it for all of these...

https://www.redlandsdailyfacts.com/2010/07/12/teens-to-face-trial-in-death-at-yucaipa-group-home/
https://www.ksl.com/article/85940/teens-charged-with-killing-group-home-counselor
https://buffalonews.com/news/employee-killed-in-group-home-two-rochester-teens-living-in-lockport-facility-caught-and-charged/article_6fb115bd-946b-5026-ba00-e7f40ec0ac3c.html
https://archive.sltrib.com/story.php?ref=/news/ci_5627768
https://abc30.com/archive/6594267/

You see almost every time one of these events occurs my company gets called in (I just threw a couple out that I had stories on), I am sure we will be called about the case you initially posted. These cases happen WAY more often than people think and no one claims they are the direct result of kids being up to date on all charging directives from the DA allowing them to form master plans for murder. The only time I have seen this applied is here, by you. I have however seen it mentioned many times by professionals in this field who call me that this is often because people in these places are more likely to be violent and in general.

I see.  Unfortunately this was expected.  I informed you all that the word on the street is that the new DA is soft on crime.  I see crime go up, but am told this is anecdotal (which is fair) and not proof of anything.  I see crime continue to rise, but know this is not accepted as proof of anything.  I post an incident in which a group home counselor is beaten to death after new rules are announced about being lenient on assaults on group home staff, but am told this isn't proof of anything either.

While I certainly appreciate your citing other incidents I think you're actually doing me a favor in this regard.  These incidents span the entire country and a time period of 2004-2010.

Your first story is Yucaipa, CA in 2010
The second is in Utah in 2004
The third is Buffalo, NY in 2009
The fourth is again in Utah in 2007 (and what that kid was doing in a group home is beyond me)
The fifth is Visalia, CA in 2009

So it's clear by your own examples that this is an exceedingly rare occurrence.  While assaults on staff are, unfortunately, common ones of this nature are the exact opposite.

So, I guess the upshot is that more people will have to be murdered, raped, robbed and beaten.  Annual crime reports will have to show a rise in crime for several years (look for murders as the gauge btw, those can't be covered up or labeled as something lesser) before the populace at large, including this board, realize what everyone who actually works in the criminal justice system is already witnessing, that Gascon's soft on crime policies are resulting in a spike in crime and an aura of permissiveness for criminals.  It's a shame so many people will have to be victimized before this will finally be acknowledged.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I see.  Unfortunately this was expected.  I informed you all that the word on the street is that the new DA is soft on crime.  I see crime go up, but am told this is anecdotal (which is fair) and not proof of anything.  I see crime continue to rise, but know this is not accepted as proof of anything.  I post an incident in which a group home counselor is beaten to death after new rules are announced about being lenient on assaults on group home staff, but am told this isn't proof of anything either.

While I certainly appreciate your citing other incidents I think you're actually doing me a favor in this regard.  These incidents span the entire country and a time period of 2004-2010.

Your first story is Yucaipa, CA in 2010
The second is in Utah in 2004
The third is Buffalo, NY in 2009
The fourth is again in Utah in 2007 (and what that kid was doing in a group home is beyond me)
The fifth is Visalia, CA in 2009

So it's clear by your own examples that this is an exceedingly rare occurrence.  While assaults on staff are, unfortunately, common ones of this nature are the exact opposite.

So, I guess the upshot is that more people will have to be murdered, raped, robbed and beaten.  Annual crime reports will have to show a rise in crime for several years (look for murders as the gauge btw, those can't be covered up or labeled as something lesser) before the populace at large, including this board, realize what everyone who actually works in the criminal justice system is already witnessing, that Gascon's soft on crime policies are resulting in a spike in crime and an aura of permissiveness for criminals.  It's a shame so many people will have to be victimized before this will finally be acknowledged.

Are you an officer in a LE organization? 
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:58 PM)Au165 Wrote: Are you an officer in a LE organization? 

I've stated many times, all I'm going to say on here is that I'm a sworn peace officer in the Los Angeles area.
Reply/Quote
(01-05-2021, 01:50 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I post an incident in which a group home counselor is beaten to death after new rules are announced about being lenient on assaults on group home staff, but am told this isn't proof of anything either.

The law does not allow for leniency regarding physical assaults.  That is false rhetoric being spread by law enforcement and prosecutor in order to promote crime.

Just like the claim that "shoplifting will be ignored".
Reply/Quote