Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Hue Jackson at the end of the season
(10-19-2015, 08:37 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Hue will be hot.

Is he too young to tell? Brad?

He's been head honcho and he'd want to do it again. He tried to do it again just last year. How many people in the NFL, when given the opportunity to be the boss of their own shop, take a pass on the opportunity? Most? Some? A few?

The O is killing it, he'll get the much-deserved credit for that, and his stock will only rise if we win in the postseason. There will be offers, and no hometown discount or loyalty to Marvin will stand in the way of that payday. Dude's gotta be itchin' for the opportunity to show the rest of the league that he's better than what happened in Oakland, to get that bad taset out of his mouth. You gotta believe he'll take the opportunity if it's offered.

On the bright side, Jay may be available next year, so. there's that.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Don't wanna see Hugh go. But I'd welcome jay Gruden back to replace him.
-That which we need most, will be found where we want to visit least.-
Reply/Quote
Hue -> Head Coach
Marvin -> GM
Mike Brown -> “Retire” (aka, go out on a high note after a SB win, but continue to watch his dynasty from the owners box for years to come)

Okay okay .. I can dream, right?
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:53 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Jay Gruden smirks at this post

Gruden wishes his pressures were as light as they were, when he was the OC of a "small market" team...
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:53 PM)Slappy from New Haven Wrote: Jay Gruden smirks at this post

Jay Gruden was a young face who had never been a head coach in the NFL, was the brother of a super bowl winning coach and took what many people thought was a shit team and made them respectable. He had a lot of undeserved hype and most of us here were actually happy to be rid of him.

We now know that Dalton is actually a good player and it wasn't Gruden that "made him" like a lot of analysts were thinking back then. It almost looks like Gruden was holding Dalton back. He had a "very similar" QB in Washington in Cousins and has made him a virtual laughing stock in the NFL, or at the most a sub par QB who needs to be replaced.

Washington would take back that hire if they could.

At worst, it's unrelated to Hue's situation, who already has a blemish on his head coaching career. At best, it is an example of why Hue would not get a quick head coaching job.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:03 PM)Element Wrote: Marvin retire or finally go to GM like we have been hoping and then lets promote Hue to HC, replace Guenther with Vance and Im a happy guy!

No way do I want to replace Marvin.. he has built and drafted a very solid team and has selected solid position coaches.. we need to keep the same team chemistry with our head coach.. i like Hue but not the time to break up the great chemistry that Marvin has created.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:11 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Well remember Marvin said he's retiring if we win the Super Bowl, which would leave the door open for Hue as HC.  We've just got to win the Super Bowl.  No Problem.   Rock On

Someone brought that up and Marv said "step aside" as in hand the trophy to MB and move aside on the podium, leaving the focus on Mike.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
I don't think Hue Jackson is going anywhere.

After this season,

Marvin is going to be bumped up to General Manager
Hue Jackson will be bumped up to Head Coach
If Paul Guenthers Defense continues to get better, he will stay at Defensive Coordinator..if not
Vance Joseph will be bumped up to Defensive Coordinator
As for Offensive Coordinator, I don't know but it will be someone who will keep Jackson's system.
Song of Solomon 2:15
Take us the foxes, the little foxes, that spoil the vines: for our vines have tender grapes.
Reply/Quote
Maybe if the Bengals offer him head coach type money, Hue would choose to forego the headaches of being a HC and cincentrate on coaching.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:19 PM)Nebuchadnezzar Wrote: I don't think Hue Jackson is going anywhere.

After this season,

Marvin is going to be bumped up to General Manager
Hue Jackson will be bumped up to Head Coach
If Paul Guenthers Defense continues to get better, he will stay at Defensive Coordinator..if not
Vance Joseph will be bumped up to Defensive Coordinator
As for Offensive Coordinator, I don't know but it will be someone who will keep Jackson's system.

Marvin can not just get bumped to GM.. his contract is as a head coach... not as a GM.... there is no reason to change a successful head coach... 
Reply/Quote
Marv isn't going anywhere and Hue is as good as gone. He coached Oakland to their best record since 2002. People bring up the Carson trade, but Carson has been looking pretty damn good which makes Hue look even smarter. It's not like Hue had much of a chance to do things with Carson. They had what...8.5 games together? If they hadn't fired Hue, who knows what would've happened the next year.

With the way this offense and Dalton have improved, Hue will almost certainly get offers. Our only hope is that owners will be scared off by that end-of-season presser Hue gave after things fell apart in Oakland. That presser got him fired and hopefully it will scare teams from giving him a shot...for now.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 05:53 PM)BengalD Wrote: Well - I sure hope we get all the way this year as I'm betting HJ gets picked up at the end of the year as a head coach again based on the way he is baffling all the defenses to date.  Thanks Hue!

He'll be swapping jobs with Gruden in Washington! Ninja
Reply/Quote
If things work out and we do get to the Super Bowl I think Marvin retires or moves to the front office then they promote Hue to HC. It would be great because he could still call the plays and help develop Andy as he continues to grow in this offense. This would be a perfect scenario but you can never tell how things play out. I am just happy right now that the offense is so dominant now that we have quietly become one of the best overall teams in the NFL period. Who Dey
Reply/Quote
For those who think marvin will retire if we won a a title. He addressed this on NFL network a few weeks ago. Said he would walk off the stage and let Mike Brown enjoy the trophy. Not stop coaching.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 11:10 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Someone brought that up and Marv said "step aside" as in hand the trophy to MB and move aside on the podium, leaving the focus on Mike.

(10-20-2015, 12:41 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: For those who think marvin will retire if we won a a title.  He addressed this on NFL network a few weeks ago.    Said he would walk off the stage and let Mike Brown enjoy the trophy.   Not stop coaching.

Thanks for the info. 

Ninja

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 12:44 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Thanks for the info. 

Ninja

Haha sorry didn't see your post.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:03 PM)Element Wrote: Marvin retire or finally go to GM like we have been hoping and then lets promote Hue to HC, replace Guenther with Vance and Im a happy guy!

This would be ideal...Marvin becoming GM would be great for this organization. 

Hue as HC, replace Guenther and I'm good. Maybe Rex Ryan will really suck for Buffalo and be in the hunt for a DC job...

Idk, I have just always liked that guy for some reason, lol. 

Let's get to the playoffs, and win, then go from there.

Wink
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:18 PM)barkerja Wrote: Hue -> Head Coach
Marvin -> GM
Mike Brown -> “Retire” (aka, go out on a high note after a SB win, but continue to watch his dynasty from the owners box for years to come)

Okay okay .. I can dream, right?

This would be a f'n dream.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 05:53 PM)BengalD Wrote: Well - I sure hope we get all the way this year as I'm betting HJ gets picked up at the end of the year as a head coach again based on the way he is baffling all the defenses to date.  Thanks Hue!

Not if we win the Super Bowl and Marvin retires, he simply slides into the HC role.....Remember a lot of us thought he would be gone after last year as well and there certainly was some buzz during the season but if I remember correctly he didn't even get a sniff in the off season.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 08:43 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: Eh

He was a marked man before the Bengals picked him up. He couldn't even get a coordinator job.

Everyone knew he was a good coordinator, but I don't think teams will soon forget the Carson Palmer trade.

He was the best coach Oakland had for a long time, but he was still fired for a reason.

He may go somewhere else, but I don't think it's a definite thing yet.

I remember this thread for about 4 years before Zimmer finally got his head coaching chance. These things take time.

You do realize that Hue acting as a coach doesn't make trade decisions? He can lobby for or endorse a player, like i'm sure he did with Carson, but ultimately management and ownership pull the trigger on the deals. Davis probably asked Hue if he could win with Carson, and he didn't so that's why he got let go.
Reply/Quote