Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Losing Hue Jackson at the end of the season
If Jay Gruden got a HC job for getting Dalton to play average I'd imagine Hue gets one for helping him play like Drew Brees.

Btw still happy Jay Gruden hit the bricks. Smirk
Reply/Quote
Hue's done well this year, but I'm not sold he's trusted as HC yet. His tenure in Oakland with the leaks and being a control freak was pretty epic. I think it'll take a couple more years before he gets another shot. He might get interviews, but his tenure in Oakland still may haunt him.

If he does get a head coaching position, then Dalton has gotten two OC's HC positions in 5 years. Speaks well for him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 11:52 AM)ExtraRadiohead Wrote: If Jay Gruden got a HC job for getting Dalton to play average I'd imagine Hue gets one for helping him play like Drew Brees.

Btw still happy Jay Gruden hit the bricks.  Smirk

Jay was garbage.. Many people failed to see that.
Reply/Quote
Yeah he was ^
Reply/Quote
I'm still surprised Jay Gruden got a head coaching gig so quickly.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I have no doubt that Hue will get some interviews after the season. I don't know if he'd go back to college. Considering all the coaching changes that USC has gone through, Hue was never mentioned as a replacement. I think he sticks with the NFL.

It looks like there will be some tempting offers out there after the season is over. New Orleans, Miami (they can't officially hire Campbell until after the season), Indianapolis, Detroit could be open, Buffalo (there's rumors that Rex is already losing the locker room), San Francisco, and Jacksonville are all possible openings.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 04:34 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I have no doubt that Hue will get some interviews after the season. I don't know if he'd go back to college. Considering all the coaching changes that USC has gone through, Hue was never mentioned as a replacement. I think he sticks with the NFL.

It looks like there will be some tempting offers out there after the season is over. New Orleans, Miami (they can't officially hire Campbell until after the season), Indianapolis, Detroit could be open, Buffalo (there's rumors that Rex is already losing the locker room), San Francisco, and Jacksonville are all possible openings.

Detroit and Indianapolis would both be very intriguing.  You would think Hue could do some amazing things with Andrew Luck.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 04:53 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Detroit and Indianapolis would both be very intriguing.  You would think Hue could do some amazing things with Andrew Luck.

Nobody can do amazing things with Luck, he was a flash in the pan.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 04:53 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Detroit and Indianapolis would both be very intriguing.  You would think Hue could do some amazing things with Andrew Luck.

I'd be more intrigued with Indy because of Luck, although it's going to come down if Hue feels like he could work with Grigson. Detroit is a tough call because Calvin is starting to fall off and Stafford still makes a bunch of crazy decisions on the field.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 05:00 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I'd be more intrigued with Indy because of Luck, although it's going to come down if Hue feels like he could work with Grigson. Detroit is a tough call because Calvin is starting to fall off and Stafford still makes a bunch of crazy decisions on the field.

I agree with you.  Indy was in the AFC Championship game last year and has a number of young, very talented players to build around.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 02:38 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: I'm still surprised Jay Gruden got a head coaching gig so quickly.

He knew he screwed up, so that's why he had to get out of Dodge fast. He sucks. He will never be half the coach John was.
#WhoDey
#RuleTheJungle
#TheyGottaPlayUs
#WeAreYourSuperBowl

Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 05:53 PM)BengalD Wrote: Well - I sure hope we get all the way this year as I'm betting HJ gets picked up at the end of the year as a head coach again based on the way he is baffling all the defenses to date.  Thanks Hue!

Well, hope he don't think he's going to go somewhere else and baffle defenses. 

His QB Better be able to light it up
He is going to need 6'4" receiver with sub 4.5 speed, 12-14 touchdown, number 1 receiver
His number 2 receiver has to be 6'1" also with great speed, and  10 touchdown guy
His 3 receiver better be able to throw, stand 6'1, and be able to step in for a number 1 receiver pretty good if need be
His Tight End better be a clone of T. Eifert, which I doubt
His number 2 running back better average 5 yards a carry and look like a home run threat every time he touches the ball
His number one running back need to lead the league in rushing over a stretch of 9 games somewhere down the line also.

Not to mention guys like Hewitt, and Burkhead.....

- yea if he was smart, he'd stay at this job, it just seems better
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
I Hope not I like HUE!!
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 06:11 PM)BonnieBengal Wrote: Well remember Marvin said he's retiring if we win the Super Bowl, which would leave the door open for Hue as HC.  We've just got to win the Super Bowl.  No Problem.   Rock On

I like your thinking Bonnie. We got this sb 50 . Hue will move to HC ,Marvin To Gm  and Bengals keep rolling. Although there is some teams ,that would love to have hue. Maybe we don't win and some good offers come in, be hard pass up a HC job. 
Thanks ExtraRadiohead for the great sig

[Image: SE-KY-Bengal-Sig.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2015, 09:11 PM)Interceptor Wrote: He knew he screwed up, so that's why he had to get out of Dodge fast. He sucks. He will never be half the coach John was.

Hilarious I loved it when he left he wasn't much good for us. Hated seeing zim leave. 

Reply/Quote

I think Indy would be a bad job because of the GM. He is obviously not ready for primetime. And a big reason why their roster blows .

Plus I think they make a play for Sean Payton.

I don't think Caldwell gets canned in Detroit.

Jobs I think could/may be open. Colts, Chargers, Giants, Miami (obviously), and Browns.

Coughlin will always be on watch. Not sure if Pettine gets canned or not. He prob deserves another year. Farmer kills him as well, same problem as Indy .

I do think that Hue gets the Fins job. And it's probably the best of the jobs. maybe if the Chargers opened up he would prefer them. Idk.
Reply/Quote
(10-19-2015, 09:16 PM)Devils Advocate Wrote: Don't wanna see Hugh go. But I'd welcome jay Gruden back to replace him.

LMAO LMAO Are you serious? Jay back here no thanks! LMAO LMAO Best thing ive heard all day, needed that laugh. 

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 02:26 AM)Se ky bengal Wrote: LMAO LMAO Are you serious? Jay back here no thanks! LMAO LMAO Best thing ive heard all day, needed that laugh. 

If/when hue get his job. Who do you want to replace him?
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 02:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If/when hue get his job.   Who do you want to replace him?

Would you want Gruden back here calling plays? To answer your question, certainly not jay. 

Reply/Quote
(10-21-2015, 02:32 AM)StLucieBengal Wrote: If/when hue get his job.   Who do you want to replace him?

Jay Gruden was overrated in his time here. He supposedly took a shit QB and made him respectable.

Turns out he took a really good QB and made him merely respectable.

After just one year under Hue, Dalton is playing like an MVP. His three years under Gruden make it more apparent that Gruden's playcalling was not playing to Dalton's strengths as much as the media would have you believe.
Reply/Quote