Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
CB Draft Class
(03-26-2017, 12:01 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Good point. I totally forgot about Dennard's contract status. Obviously replacing DD has to take priority over everything.  Ninja

It's fitting that his initials are a bra size cuz he's a total bust.  Cool

I was just thinking this same thing. While I wouldn't call him a bust, I would certainly ask "what has this guy done to deserve his option getting picked up?" And I gotta say...not much. I was excited when they drafted him because we needed another good CB but he just hasn't panned out. Injuries really hampered him and I think playing nickel CB is not his strength. He's a boundary corner in my opinion, whereas Shaw is the much better slot guy. Just another example of the Bengals coaching staff trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2017, 12:15 PM)The D.O.Z. Wrote:  I was just thinking this same thing. While I wouldn't call him a bust, I would certainly ask "what has this guy done to deserve his option getting picked up?" And I gotta say...not much. I was excited when they drafted him because we needed another good CB but he just hasn't panned out. Injuries really hampered him and I think playing nickel CB is not his strength. He's a boundary corner in my opinion, whereas Shaw is the much better slot guy. Just another example of the Bengals coaching staff trying to fit a square peg in a round hole.

Thats the thing, i really like Dennard but you are completely correct about his strengths and about what he has done so far.

Shaw was one of, if not the best Slot CB's in the league last year and Dennard has always played good on the edge, not the Slot.
Reply/Quote
We are currently loaded at CB, so drafting one doesn't really make any sense this year. The only guy I could get behind would be Sidney Jones in the 4th-5th, because he's a Top 10 talent you can stick on the NFI list this coming year and let Jones and or Dennard walk next year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
I could see the Bengals drafting Jalen Myrick out of Minnesota. He was projected as a 4-5 round guy largely because he is only 5'10" (and MAN are there some long CBs now!) but he has long arms and ran a ridiculous 4.28 at the combine. He is somewhat raw in his technique, but has great potential.

The Bengals could possibly get him at the end of the 3rd and develop him to be an outside guy to backup WJIII and Dre, who should be our outside Tandem for years to come. Josh Shaw has proven to be a really solid slot guy and Dennard will have to show major improvement this season or will end up released.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote