Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loss to Jets could be good for this team
Yeah, a little humble pie could pay dividends for the rest of the season.

I'm not saying that losing is good. I am saying that the Bengals were a let down after manhandling the Ravens and avoiding this is going to be key down the road. Whether the team was feeling invincible after last week's win or they were looking ahead to Cleveland doesn't matter. It resulted in a loss.

A lessor team just showed that if you aren't 100% ready and prepared for the game at hand you are going to lose.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
Our D was terrible, but the O still scored 31.. Just one really unlucky INT towards the end.. If not for that INT we would have won .. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Was it…just what the doctor ordered?
LFG  

[Image: oyb7yuz66nd81.jpg]

Reply/Quote
If we win next week, this week hardly matters. 6-3 going into the bye and 3-0 in the division? We'd all take that every single year. Teams have down games but a lot of this season hinges on the Browns game.
Reply/Quote
[Image: oXLXH46THL-5Csu1vkvcajuR3cmMzbS41lslmOdp...16149aebc7]

Reply/Quote
Cliché to say, but next week will be a great measuring stick.

If the team comes out looking deflated....it might just be the same old Bengals.

If the team comes out looking pissed of....maybe there has been a change. Time will tell.

It's one game. It's the same team that beat Baltimore and the same team that has not been out of a game this year. But it's up to the players and coaches to show that this team has a chin and can pick itself back up.
Reply/Quote
If they lose next week then 3 tough games after that plus Ravens are going to be a playoff team, Steelers have won 3 in a row and Browns are talented. They better come out firing because they will find themselves in last place by mid November if they play anywhere near the level they did today.
Reply/Quote
Thats the only way we can look at it now but would much rather be at 6-2.

Yet hopefully it serves as a wake up call going forward.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
Looking at the next 4 games, I’ll be thrilled if we go 2-2. I also won’t be surprised to go 0-4 and be 5-7 at the start of December.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
Still can’t put together a long methodical drive. Defense put the offense in great position twice, and of course, it was big chunk gains that moved the ball. Mixon catch and Higgins catch are the 2 examples.

Just a flat out inability to eat up clock and run the length of the field

Been the big issue with this offense all season
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:12 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, a little humble pie could pay dividends for the rest of the season.

I'm not saying that losing is good. I am saying that the Bengals were a let down after manhandling the Ravens and avoiding this is going to be key down the road. Whether the team was feeling invincible after last week's win or they were looking ahead to Cleveland doesn't matter. It resulted in a loss.

A lessor team just showed that if you aren't 100% ready and prepared for the game at hand you are going to lose.

Hopefully your right. It might give us an extra little fire that were gonna need to play against Cleveland this week. This defense has been good but that was just inexcusable. I just don't know what we need to add personnel wise to avoid games like this in the future. 
Reply/Quote
Some players and coaches think too highly of themselves to take a bite of humble pie. Some need to go back for seconds of that humble pie as well.
Reply/Quote
Losing to the worst team in the NFL can only happen with lots of mistakes and blame to go all around. There were plenty of mistakes on offense, defense (lots) and coaching (lots).

Just hope this was a good wake up call. Those early season weak opponents might have given the team a winning record early, but that won't work for the rest of the season.

Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 09:48 PM)bjf123 Wrote: ... I also won’t be surprised to go 0-4 and be 5-7 at the start of December.

If they do end up going 0-4... won't it be absolutely disgusting  that their season basically got derailed by the Jets and a no-name QB?
Reply/Quote
If this team completely falls apart and loses every game from here on out you'll know it's completely rigged.. I don't believe in that kind of coincidence. To me it would tell me that the Brown Family took a huge payoff to crash and burn.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
A win against the Clowns would be better for this team imo

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:31 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Was it…just what the doctor ordered?

[Image: 41xu5QndAQL._SX345_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg] Tongue
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(11-01-2021, 08:43 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Losing to the worst team in the NFL can only happen with lots of mistakes and blame to go all around. There were plenty of mistakes on offense, defense (lots) and coaching (lots).

Just hope this was a good wake up call. Those early season weak opponents might have given the team a winning record early, but that won't work for the rest of the season.
Fake News!!!

I think Detroit[How is 0 wins better than 2 wins???], Houston and Jacksonville are far worse than the Jets[Beat the Titans and Bengals].
[Image: 4540978331_3e8fe35323.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(10-31-2021, 06:31 PM)Chip Smallwood Wrote: Was it…just what the doctor ordered?

Losing to the 1-5 Jets led by backups is never a good thing lol... come on, now lol....
Reply/Quote
(11-02-2021, 12:58 PM)Tony Wrote: Losing to the 1-5 Jets led by backups is never a good thing lol... come on, now lol....

maybe Joe B stops talking SB till after the AFCCG game
Reply/Quote