Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost another coach
(01-28-2016, 10:45 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: @Zerk: That first play was clearly Sanu getting blown up, but I'm not sure what Hill was supposed to do on the 2nd play. He was cutting toward the right spot, but 93 and 51 both had their men beat. If he cuts it back to his right, 92 was right there for him. I guess I don't see this huge hole is what I'm saying.

Either way, these are just 2 plays out of hundreds. I don't buy that it was all Hill because Gio struggled to get anything going at times also. Gio only averaged 3.5 ypc over the last 8 games.

I just had those on hand from people bitching about the OL in that game specifically. I had more too. 

The second play is a cut back behind Bodine and off Zeitler. But Hewitt couldn't stop 51 at all, literally ran through him and made the play. He never had a chance. 
The hole doesn't have to be huge. They just have to be there. They are. Hill just missed them. If you need the large hole, your RB is the problem not the OL. Giant run lanes in the NFL are usually the result of defenses having miscues rather than spectacular OL play.

It's also about people slap blocking responsibility on the OL almost exclusively but forget that FB and WR have to block too. Several big plays have been lost due that. Not OL blocking issues. 
Reply/Quote
The Paul Alexander hate on this message board is hilarious.

I think he needs his own hate thread pinned.
Reply/Quote
(01-28-2016, 03:21 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: Again you have not actually taken in everything I've said. I've never said he's a wizard. I've never said my support is blind. Your hatred is. You don't give a shit about anything but hating him. It doesn't matter what this OL does, you will hate him. 

Your ignorance astounds me on that last part. You are too smart and too good a poster to not see the difference. But oh well. 

As I've said, that hatred is a lot of hyperbole.  I've stated several times I see him as average.  When you can't get over a playoff hump, and the o line struggles at times, is a coach at that position really worth a lifetime deal, or could things be shaken up a little to provide a fresh approach?  That's the crux of my argument.  When I say he's referred to as a "wizard", I'm alluding to the notion that he's good because he speaks at a local seminar.  I feel he's there out of convenience, being that he is the local NFL guy.  In other words, whomever is coaching o line in Cincy is more than likely given an opportunity to participate.

The "ignorance" is making a point that he isn't some omniscient master position coach, but a rather average one.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote