Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lost my dog today
Isabel Lucille. Many of you have seen her picture. On Sundays, she seemed to know it was Bengals day. She would prance to the mancave and welcome guests as they came for the game. She watched every single game with me. I was so proud of her dedication that I recently bought her a jersey. I feel she sported it well.

[Image: 273110683_10224096699879211_481876933454...e=62166994]

She liked wearing it too throughout the playoffs. I feared due to her health declining that we may not get another season together. This morning my wife woke me and we had to take her to the vet right away. We lost her with really hardly any time to say goodbye. I’m gonna miss my Tinky (short for stinky, a nickname I gave her for not liking to take baths). She was a great Bengals fan and an even better friend.

[Image: 272939241_10224096699199194_662946859721...e=6216936E]

[Image: 272366634_10224056454433100_105749739801...e=62167ED0]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
She looks awesome and the Bengals jersey has her winning my heart regardless.

Sorry for your loss and sorry that she didn't get to see us win a Super Bowl but at least she stuck around long enough to see us play in one.

Ask her to help us win a few Super Bowls in the near future!
Reply/Quote
Sorry man, that's the hardest thing I've ever seen/done so far in my life. It doesn't make sense. The one thing that makes me feel better is I know I provided them a quality life that somebody else may not have.

One thing that helped a lot was to get another dog a month later. We got the same type of dog but she's not anything like the boy, they don't sound the same or act the same. They have completely different personalities. It makes you appreciate both of them and remember their differences.
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry you lost your dog & hope time makes it a little easier without her around. It sounds like you gave her a great life and have many wonderful memories.
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear this, but it sounds like she held on long enough to share one more Bengals’ season together.
Reply/Quote
I'm truly sorry & know all too well how much it hurts to lose a beloved friend. She sure looks sharp in that jersey.
Reply/Quote
I'm sorry for your loss, brother. I'm sure that it'll take some time to get over losing that close of a friend.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear that. She sounds like a great friend.
Go Benton Panthers!!
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear about your four legged family member. Always tough to lose a pet that you spend so much time with and becomes part of the family.

You should frame her little jersey and hang it in your man cave.
Reply/Quote
So sorry for your loss.

Try to focus on the happy memories you shared together.
Reply/Quote
My dog and I send our condolences along with the rest of the FiK Family.
Reply/Quote
(02-20-2022, 07:36 PM)Clark W Griswold Wrote: Sorry to hear about your four legged family member. Always tough to lose a pet that you spend so much time with and becomes part of the family.

You should frame her little jersey and hang it in your man cave.

I plan on doing exactly this. We’re all going to miss her in the cave. 

Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear that, Harley. It's an awful thing to go through. I'm glad you got some great memories and pictures, though! I just found a few pictures the other day of my first pup and they really made me smile.
Reply/Quote
I'm so sorry for your loss, Harley. You and your dog were lucky to have found one another.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
Thanks everyone. When I finish the jersey framing I will share it with you all.

Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear man. Dogs are just... Special. I get people like cats and birds and shit. But there's nothing like a dog. It can be heartbreaking
Reply/Quote
Been in this position before and know how much it sucks. So sorry man.
[Image: hFcJI4.png]
Reply/Quote
It really hurts I'm sure. It's one of the main reasons I no longer keep any kind of pets. I got just too sad and tired of my favorite pets either dying or otherwise disappearing from my life too early. 
My favorite dog ever just disappeared one day after about 12 years and I never saw him again. The next dog I had was when I lived completely alone for about 8 years and she too disappeared. Finally my last pet, a dumb old cat got sick and stayed sick for a few years until she eventually starved herself to death. 
I finally realized I couldn't go through it again. I get just too attached to them like family only to have them just vanish and I end up completely bummed out for way too long. I still miss them all, even the pets I had as a kid, but I can't and won't go through it again..I'm getting just too old to sit and wait for my companions to vanish before I do. My last real companion is Sylvia and she's 10 years older than me. I hope she outlives me, but at the same time I don't ever want her to have to go through the same thing I dread.. Losing my only real companion in life.. 
I'm really sorry for your loss man.. Keep your pooch in your heart forever.. I  know you will.  
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
I'm sure you gave her an amazing life with great friendship and she was a lucky pup.
Reply/Quote
So sorry to hear man. My dog is getting close as well. But every day they are with us is a gift. Heart goes out to ya
Reply/Quote