Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou’s Future in the Jungle
There are five head coaching jobs available right now. Does anyone know if Lou is being considered as a candidate for any of them?

Lou is one hell of a coach! He is coaching up the young talent and providing the right leadership for the experienced players. IMO he is one of the best if not the best defensive coaches we ever had. That statement includes Dick Labeau

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 03:03 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: There are five head coaching jobs available right now.  Does anyone know if Lou is being considered as a candidate for any of them?  

Lou is one hell of a coach!  He is coaching up the young talent and providing the right leadership for the experienced players.  IMO he is one of the best if not the best defensive coaches we ever had.  That statement includes Dick Labeau

It would heavily depend on his vision for the team. It's not just about being able to coach a defense, offense, or ST.
If Anarumo has a good vision for how he would want to morph a team and can work with the players and coaches to turn that vision into a reality, he might get a shot.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
So far neither coordinator has had any interview requests. Lou won't leave in a lateral move. Brian Callahan might make a lateral move if it means he gets to call 100% of the plays

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 03:33 PM)pally Wrote: So far neither coordinator has had any interview requests.  Lou won't leave in a lateral move.  Brian Callahan might make a lateral move if it means he gets to call 100% of the plays

If I was them I would be smart about this. They will likely get interviews but right now they are in the best positions of their careers to parlay it into a best possible opportunity. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 03:03 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: There are five head coaching jobs available right now.  Does anyone know if Lou is being considered as a candidate for any of them?  

Lou is one hell of a coach!  He is coaching up the young talent and providing the right leadership for the experienced players.  IMO he is one of the best if not the best defensive coaches we ever had.  That statement includes Dick Labeau

I would consider LeBeau the best, I mean, he developed the zone blitz here....but to your point, he's probably the best since then. He's been a very good find for Zac.

Zimmer had some great defenses here, but they seemed to wither in the bright lights, and had a lot of high round talent on them.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 04:10 PM)Synric Wrote: If I was them I would be smart about this. They will likely get interviews but right now they are in the best positions of their careers to parlay it into a best possible opportunity. 

In other words, don't take the Texans job. LOL

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 03:33 PM)pally Wrote: So far neither coordinator has had any interview requests.  Lou won't leave in a lateral move.  Brian Callahan might make a lateral move if it means he gets to call 100% of the plays

Don't think they can make lateral moves if under contract 
Reply/Quote
The trend lately is for teams to be looking for that offensive minded HC, the one who will elevate their team to the level of the Bengals, Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, etc. This could work in our favor, as far as getting at least a few more seasons of fantastic defensive play from Coach Lou.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I may be in the minority, but I think there is a good chance Lou is still here next year. There has to be a seat for him to fill and I'm not so sure there is right now. Currently there are 5 openings, but in reality it's 4. Sean Peyton is going to get one of them. The trend seems to be teams hiring offensive guys as HC', so I think some of these teams will go in that direction. Shane Steichen from Philly. If teams do decide to go defense, Jim Harbaugh may get a serious look. Dan Quinn's stay in Dallas is going to be short and sweet. After that, I would say DeMeco Ryans is probably going to be at the top of most lists.

Things could obviously change if more guys get canned, but I would think anyone who is going to get canned already has been.
Reply/Quote
They can't start interviews with coaches under contract until next week (Jan 17). I imagine it's a foregone conclusion that Lou will get plenty of interest. I don't know about Callahan.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 04:57 PM)tms Wrote: They can't start interviews with coaches under contract until next week (Jan 17). I imagine it's a foregone conclusion that Lou will get plenty of interest. I don't know about Callahan.

They can't start the interviews but they can request them.  

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The trend lately is for teams to be looking for that offensive minded HC, the one who will elevate their team to the level of the Bengals, Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, etc.  This could work in our favor, as far as getting at least a few more seasons of fantastic defensive play from Coach Lou.

Bingo.
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 04:24 PM)Big_Ern Wrote: Don't think they can make lateral moves if under contract 

All they have to do is apply the fake tag of "assistant Head Coach" to the coordinator job and it is no longer a lateral move.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 05:07 PM)pally Wrote: They can't start the interviews but they can request them.  

Yeah, I just assume they haven't all been announced yet. 
Reply/Quote
I was thinking teams would be looking for an offensive minded coach. But there does seem to have been several defensive coaches requested for interviews. Hopefully we can make another deep run and hopefully that protects them from being interviewed as teams will find they're coaching hire in the next few weeks. But if we manage to make it to the superbowl by beating the likes of Buffalo and KC then teams might start really taking notice.
Reply/Quote

That would probably be the most surprising outcome to me regarding coordinator movement. I wouldn't be surprised if one or both left to be HC or if both stayed. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 04:39 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: The trend lately is for teams to be looking for that offensive minded HC, the one who will elevate their team to the level of the Bengals, Bills, Chiefs, Eagles, 49ers, etc.  This could work in our favor, as far as getting at least a few more seasons of fantastic defensive play from Coach Lou.

and that trend continues to see offense minded HC fired.. 
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 05:34 PM)Forever Spinning Vinyl Wrote: All they have to do is apply the fake tag of "assistant Head Coach" to the coordinator job and it is no longer a lateral move.

Has that ever happened?
Reply/Quote
We always hear about Bengals assistants being favorable options, it happens rarely! Lou has been great...but I never really understood building up a scheme with your players just to go somewhere else and be without those players..
Shop my store for Awesome Bengal-Style and Various Graphic T-Shirts!
http://www.cincyfanatics.com
Reply/Quote
(01-12-2023, 04:10 PM)Synric Wrote: If I was them I would be smart about this. They will likely get interviews but right now they are in the best positions of their careers to parlay it into a best possible opportunity. 

This right here.

Especially on the offensive side of the ball where you have a QB like Burrow. Stay the course and build you resume with the team and wait till the job comes along that is just too good to pass up.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote