Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 1 Average
Lou’s trust in Eli Apple cost us this game
Twice we manned up our worst CB on Kupp in the red zone. One time Apple guarded air and gave up a pass to the pylon, the next Apple gives up a back should throw on a play where Stafford literally didn’t even look at anyone else.

I’m not even made at Apple. He was a guy who shouldn’t have been asked to guard Kupp 1 v 1.

If you want to keep a safety in the middle so be it. At least show Kupp the respect of putting Hilton or Awuzie on him. I cannot believe Lou went 2 possessions with Kupp in man. To me those calls are so erroneous and stupid that i cannot believe he would have a brain fart like that in the big game.

These games usually have 1 or 2 bonehead calls and these calls lose you the game. At the very least if you gonna leave Kupp 1 v 1 put Awuzie or Hilton on him. If he makes that same play over Awuzie then i can’t even be mad
-Housh
Reply/Quote
Yeah, he wasn't better than the leagues most prolific receiver since the modern era! What an absolute bum!  Cry
Eli had a great run with this team much better than anyone expected. 

I'm off to bed..Some people are just looking for things to invent to justify why someone else has to be miserable too. Our Oline was over matched..It's just that simple.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Perhaps....but his trust in him got us to the Super Bowl
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
A decent cornerback had a hard time covering one of the greatest to ever play?

huh...
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:55 AM)Housh Wrote: Twice we manned up our worst CB on Kupp in the red zone. One time Apple guarded air and gave up a pass to the pylon, the next Apple gives up a back should throw on a play where Stafford literally didn’t even look at anyone else.

I’m not even made at Apple. He was a guy who shouldn’t have been asked to guard Kupp 1 v 1.

If you want to keep a safety in the middle so be it. At least show Kupp the respect of putting Hilton or Awuzie on him. I cannot believe Lou went 2 possessions with Kupp in man. To me those calls are so erroneous and stupid that i cannot believe he would have a brain fart like that in the big game.

These games usually have 1 or 2 bonehead calls and these calls lose you the game. At the very least if you gonna leave Kupp 1 v 1 put Awuzie or Hilton on him. If he makes that same play over Awuzie then i can’t even be mad

(02-14-2022, 01:59 AM)grampahol Wrote: Yeah, he wasn't better than the leagues most prolific receiver since the modern era! What an absolute bum!  Cry
Eli had a great run with this team much better than anyone expected. 

I'm off to bed..Some people are just looking for things to invent to justify why someone else has to be miserable too. Our Oline was over matched..It's just that simple.

Did you even read the thread you responded to, Gramps?

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:02 AM)bfine32 Wrote: Perhaps....but his trust in him got us to the Super Bowl

I hope they keep Eli next season as well.. To good to lose. He single handedly kept us in the KC game.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:03 AM)Housh Wrote: We got to the Super Bowl in spite of Apples play. Let’s be honest

??? Eli Apple made 2 game changing plays for the bengals in the post season.

Tip pass against Ten that Wilson caught for an int, and the goal line tackle of Tyreek

The fanbase on this message board is beyond insufferable when things don’t go right
Reply/Quote
Eli Apple is meh. Dude runs his yap like he’s Jalen Ramsey when his play is more like Gordon Ramsey. He had a 5 or 6 game run where he didn’t suck, but the rest of his NFL career has been straight trash. People will defend him, but he’s replaceable. He’s a guy worth keeping around as a third-fourth QB, but a liability as a CB2.
Through 2023

Mike Brown’s Owner/GM record: 32 years  223-303-4  .419 winning pct.
Playoff Record:  5-9, .357 winning pct.  
Zac Taylor coaching record, reg. season:  37-44-1. .455 winning pct.
Playoff Record: 5-2, .714 winning pct.
Reply/Quote
It’s not worth it

If you’ll defend Eli Apple then you’ll say ANYTHING.

Not blaming him cause without us he was on his couch. The coach can’t ask him to do that with no safety help. If Lou puts Bates over top then Eli can play that same coverage and we get a stop. Lou had to double Kupp there or at the very least put our best guy on their best guy.
-Housh
Reply/Quote
The dude made two of the biggest plays in the playoffs and we're going to shit on and Lou because Kupp lit em up?

Give me break Y'all lost it this team wasn't supposed to even win six games this season and now y'all act like their bums because they lost a game
Be upset sure this sucks but let's not act like this wasn't an awesome season.

Who freaking Dey!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 01:55 AM)Housh Wrote: Twice we manned up our worst CB on Kupp in the red zone. One time Apple guarded air and gave up a pass to the pylon, the next Apple gives up a back should throw on a play where Stafford literally didn’t even look at anyone else.

Hubbard ****** up outside contain royally on Rams 4th down. Completely ran up field like he going to rush the QB. Dude was virtually unblocked and ended up 5 yards past the L.O.S while Kupp ran right to where he should have been unblocked. Did I mention he was unblocked?
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:10 AM)J24 Wrote: The dude made two of the biggest plays in the playoffs and we're going to shit on and Lou because Kupp lit em up?

Give me break Y'all lost it this team wasn't supposed to even win six games this season and now y'all act like their bums because they lost a game

Who freaking Dey!

Where the hell did anyone say it wasn’t an awesome season?
-Housh
Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:09 AM)Housh Wrote: It’s not worth it

I agree..The thread was a waste of folk's time.

Eli was thrust into a role he was never signed for and the kid saved our season by improving as the year went on.

He was a huge reason we made the playoffs and an equally huge reason we advanced all the way through the playoffs.

Dude's not Jaylen Ramsey, but he's not Vernon Hargraves. 

Reply/Quote
(02-14-2022, 02:10 AM)J24 Wrote: The dude made two of the biggest plays in the playoffs and we're going to shit on and Lou because Kupp lit em up?

Who freaking Dey!

That’s a loser mentality though. Again inexperience and good ol’ Mike Brown ingenuity hurt a group of talented players where it hurt the most. The personnel on the 3rd and 1 and play call on 4th and 1 was absolutely unforgiveable. I don’t care about anything else Zach does if when the most crucial moment this franchise has in its history piss poor coaching decisions are the sole reason they lost. Nothing else matters…

From coaching decisions to roll with Adeniji and Prince who have to be the absolute worst pairing for the right side of an offensive line in the history of the NFL. The decision to waste an early draft pick on a blocking TE that barely saw the field in a second half our line was getting destroyed.

Rams were smart. They slowed played their pass rush until the second half. Burrow never settled in the first half and most everything was designed to get rid of the ball quickly. Bengals mistook that for success blocking Donald and they started calling longer developing plays and let them tee off on Burrow. Zach never adjusted all the way up to their last offensive snap. That’s just a HC with no experience that’s gotten by on sheer talent alone.
Reply/Quote
[Image: FLh-Y8CXoAEpXqM?format=jpg&name=large]

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
Who should he have trusted instead?

Reply/Quote
I have no problem with El Apple's play this year. He far exceeded my expectations for him and was a very solid contributor who improved all season. Was only signed as an intended depth piece yet was our season long CB2 starter.

Even the very best Cornerbacks get burned more frequently than we would like to admit as all the rules are against them and set up for the offensive player.
Reply/Quote
Ineffective offense cost us game
Reply/Quote
No one on defense cost us the game. They were the biggest reason we were in it. They were the reason we won in the playoffs. Ain’t a single person on that defense I’m willing to blame for this loss. Offense and O-line are the reason we lost.
Reply/Quote
Unless they snuck him in at RG or RT I think costing us the game is a bit of a stretch.

Reply/Quote