Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
AJ Green Drops
For Christ's sake, Andy Dalton talk has managed to worm his way into another thread.

Can we at least start referring to this dude as "He Who Shall Not Be Named", or something?

Maybe try to sneak in a quick point, with a vague reference to him, and quickly move on?

Seriously, I'm getting real tired of seeing talk of him pop in pretty much every damn thread.
Reply/Quote
It's going to at least be 5 years (or a playoff win) before that talk goes away. It's only natural to compare the two era's especially with the crossover of talent (Green).
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 10:53 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: For Christ's sake, Andy Dalton talk has managed to worm his way into another thread.

Can we at least start referring to this dude as "He Who Shall Not Be Named", or something?

Maybe try to sneak in a quick point, with a vague reference to him, and quickly move on?

Seriously, I'm getting real tired of seeing talk of him pop in pretty much every damn thread.

It is almost impossible to talk about an NFL team in a vacuum.  You have to talk about what has been happening the last few years to have any understanding of what is happening today.  That is why pretty much every thread has some reference to last years coaching, or last years O-line, or last years linebackers.  Same thing with the QB.

Even you did it when talking about how much better Auden Tate would be with a more accurate QB.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 09:57 AM)jj22 Wrote: People really drafted AJ in fantasy?

The uneasy truth about Green (and the reason many would have understood if we traded him or let him go) is he always had drops and lack of focus especially in big, important, and primetime games. Without Dalton around to take blame, I guess folks are just now figuring this out.

Green hasn't been a top 10 receiver since 2014.

Not true. In 2015 he was 8th in receiving yards (1297) and tied for 10th in TD (10).

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:07 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Not true. In 2015 he was 8th in receiving yards (1297) and tied for 10th in TD (10).

In 2016 he was second in the league in receiving yards per game (96.4) and had the highest catch percentage of his career.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 10:45 AM)jj22 Wrote: Because I heard for too many years AJ's problems were the qb. So no defense of Dalton, more of a it was never the qb attack on Green.

The truth is, Green hasn't been all that good for awhile now. Not in big games, not in primetime, not in playoffs. Hell for awhile there he wasn't even a top 3 receiver in the AFCN.

His last primetime game before Cleveland was a 3 TD night against Baltimore In 2018.

He should have had the game winning TD in the playoffs against Pittsburgh.

Reply/Quote
I did not see AJ drop a pass vs Cleveland.

The one in the end zone was a clear PI, and he juggled one.

Boyd dropped a clear TD.
Reply/Quote
AJ seems to believe it is just timing and rust and it’s the coach’s fault for not letting him play more in training camp.

This kind of shit play for the month of September is going to become the new common place because the league and players keep pushing for no preseason games and weaker training camp/practices.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:50 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: AJ seems to believe it is just timing and rust and it’s the coach’s fault for not letting him play more in training camp.

Whoa.  Link? 

I just searched for his comments and nothing is coming up.  Did he actually say this?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 04:54 PM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Whoa.  Link? 

I just searched for his comments and nothing is coming up.  Did he actually say this?

I listened to the “Locked On” podcast today and they had a guy named Zim_Whodey on. He has his own podcast that did an interview with AJ over the weekend. He said AJ is blaming it on not getting the reps he wanted in training camp.

If that’s the case, I added the coaches’ “fault” because AJ would never directly say that, but it’s what he means because they decided to hold him out.

I would add, this is what a lot of fans wanted “Don’t let him play until the regular season, wrap him in bubble wrap.” Well, the coaches listened and now you have a player that wasn’t ready to play when the season started.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:05 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I listened to the “Locked On” podcast today and they had a guy named Zim_Whodey on. He has his own podcast that did an interview with AJ over the weekend. He said AJ is blaming it on not getting the reps he wanted in training camp.

If that’s the case, I added the coaches’ “fault” because AJ would never directly say that, but it’s what he means because they decided to hold him out.

I listened to the AJ interview on New Stripe City with Ace Boogie and Zim, and I don’t remember him saying anything close to that. They mostly talked about sneakers, AJ’s daily routine, etc.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:10 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: I listened to the AJ interview on New Stripe City with Ace Boogie and Zim, and I don’t remember him saying anything close to that. They mostly talked about sneakers, AJ’s daily routine, etc.

I didn’t listen to that one, just going by what Zim said on Locked On. He said, that AJ told them it was reps and timing and AJ wanted more during TC. If that’s not what was said during the New Stripe City podcast, then Zim is providing misinformation or it wasn’t said on air?
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:13 PM)Yojimbo Wrote: I didn’t listen to that one, just going by what Zim said on Locked On. He said, that AJ told them it was reps and timing and AJ wanted more during TC. If that’s not what was said during the New Stripe City podcast, then Zim is providing misinformation or it wasn’t said on air?

It’s possible I’m just not remembering. I’m not accusing Zim of making anything up. Him and Ace do a good job with those interviews.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 05:19 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: It’s possible I’m just not remembering. I’m not accusing Zim of making anything up. Him and Ace do a good job with those interviews.

Possible I’m mishearing the Locked On one and he meant something else. Problem with sharing info from podcasts and not articles. Nothing to copy and paste.
Reply/Quote
(09-18-2020, 09:16 AM)higgy100 Wrote: AJ plays well when AJ wants to play well. He's been deeply Bengalized. When he gets that fire he's unstoppable and a top 5-6 WR still but that's way too few and far between. He checks out of games way too much. Maybe Burrow can keep AJ's head into these games and we'll see more from him but I doubt it. Add in the injuries and he gone after this year.

I will agree I've seen him not go all out for Dalton throws and also sometimes not do enough to stop interceptions from happening. Kind of 2 things I expect our best WR to do.

AJ is at the over the hill in WR years.
Reply/Quote