Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Lou Anarumo VS 2021 VS a replacement DC
1.) If Zimmer is available to be your Defensive Coordinator then hell yeah you take it.

2.) Lou is not a bad coordinator and actually has done a good job going back to last seasons raiders game. Unfortunately for him though his tenure had a ridiculously bad start( weeks 2-11 last season) and this week's game was atrocious as well.

3.) This is a difficult position for a coaching staff. A.) The Best player on defense hasn't played yet in Geno, B.) No pre season games, C.) Their are a lot of new players out there so it's going to take some time for the Defense to hit it's stride, and D.) The Browns are a underrated team! They ran 130 yards on 22 carries against Ravens which is 6.0 yards a carry. They're going to make a lot of teams look dumb this season.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 11:32 PM)J24 Wrote: 2.) Lou is not a bad coordinator and actually has done a good job going back to last seasons raiders game.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 12:29 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

What did I say that was wrong?
J24

Reply/Quote
I'm not on the guy's bandwagon or anything but i do wonder how that game turns out if anyone on the defense could have tackled that night. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Didn’t Zimmer just sign an extension with the Vikings?

I wanted Mike Pettine back when we had the chance. He went to GB and has done pretty well there.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 12:32 AM)J24 Wrote: What did I say that was wrong?

Without going into a huge rant, here's just two notes on your statement:

1.) Did you watch the last game?

2.) We gave up 419 yards and 4 TD's to Ryan Fitzpatrick, good for over 500 yards of total offense to the Miami Dolphins after the Oakland game you just referenced. (Not to forget New England as well)
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:21 AM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Didn’t Zimmer just sign an extension with the Vikings?

I wanted Mike Pettine back when we had the chance. He went to GB and has done pretty well there.

He did just sign a 3 year extension. But things are looking really bad their first 2 games, the worse they looked since Zim has been there bad. Don't think they are 0-16 bad, but the Vikes could be picking top 10 next draft. Not sure they will stay the course with him past this season if the wheels fall off entirely.

Been a lifelong Bengals and Vikings fan, they do things different in Minny than in Cincy. Vikes signed Head coach Brad Childress to a long term extension back in 2010, he was fired 10 games later. The clock is running on Zimmer in Minny. And they are epic bad for the 2020 Vikings, so far. Vikes haven't looked this bad since - well, since Chilly got fired mid-season.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 01:30 AM)Wes Mantooth Wrote: Without going into a huge rant, here's just two notes on your statement:

1.) Did you watch the last game?

2.) We gave up 419 yards and 4 TD's to Ryan Fitzpatrick, good for over 500 yards of total offense to the Miami Dolphins after the Oakland game you just referenced. (Not to forget New England as well)

1.) I said this week's game was atrocious in the original post. You know the part you conveniently left out.

2.) So you're ignoring the 4 games where the Defense held opponents under 20 points in the last 8 games prior to the Browns game( Raiders, Steelers, Jets, Chargers) Are you referring to the Patriots game where Dalton threw 4 INTs and the Defense made Tom Brady's life a breathing hell? Yeah the Dolphins game was a bugaboo but it was the only one until Thursdays game.
J24

Reply/Quote
The Bengals let Lewis replace a Frasier after two seasons and Bresnahan after three. With the money they spent on defense I would hope that they will do the same with Anarumo if he can't deliver major improvements through the rest of the season with this lineup.

I'm holding out hope based on the shuffling that has been necessary at DT and the new linebacker group. Things take time to gel and it doesn't happen in Zoom meetings.

Still, I would hope that they would grab Zimmer in a heartbeat if he became available.

I would take Jay Gruden at OC but I have no idea if he would mesh with Taylor.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2020, 06:45 PM)McC Wrote: Are you not at all concerned that in both games so far, Zim's defense has gotten beaten like a red headed stepchild?  They have given up 71 points and the Bengals have given up 46.

Zim is dealing with losing big FA and having drafted poorly behind them.  I like the guy a lot, but there is no way he is coming back here as a DC.  I really have no idea who I would want at this point.  I would hope for a tough disciplinarian like the guy that was coaching the defense in SF, but he will be a head coach...

Maybe Burrow's dad?   Ninja
Reply/Quote
The issue now for those who just want him fired is any replacement is going to have to be on staff as you can't sign away coaches during season. Is there anyone on staff we think can tweak the scheme (because you can't do a completly new install mid year)? I am okay moving on from Anarumo after the season if it doesn't work out this year, as to whom? I think we will see after the season based on who is out there.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 08:54 AM)Au165 Wrote: The issue now for those who just want him fired is any replacement is going to have to be on staff as you can't sign away coaches during season. Is there anyone on staff we think can tweak the scheme (because you can't do a completly new install mid year)? I am okay moving on from Anarumo after the season if it doesn't work out this year, as to whom? I think we will see after the season based on who is out there.

I dont see replacing Anarumo during this season as solving anything either. Mid-season replacement in a season with no preseason? You have to let that play out, elevating someone already on staff is not going to solve the issue. Now, after the season is over, the Bengals front office needs to get off its collective asses and do some homework on finding a good fit for a new DC.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2020, 11:35 AM)P W Wrote: I dont see replacing Anarumo during this season as solving anything either. Mid-season replacement in a season with no preseason? You have to let that play out, elevating someone already on staff is not going to solve the issue. Now, after the season is over, the Bengals front office needs to get off its collective asses and do some homework on finding a good fit for a new DC.

Ya I doubt replacing him now is going to fix anything.
Reply/Quote