Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Lou anarumo
He never adjusted his scheme to the personnel all season long including today's game..instead of playing more shell two high coverage he constantly wants to go single high cover 3..Lou is very stubborn, he keeps having sample and Hubbard rushing from right end,instead of giving Murphy and ossia some of those reps at rde..cam sample gives us absolutely nothing same thing with Zac Carter why is starting??

The secondary cannot play off coverage or press man effectively, so I can't blame Lou there..going forward I honestly don't know how this gets fixed we're just no physical enough or fast enough up front to be a consistent defense..Third down has become an absolute nightmare no matter what the down and distance is, I do want to say that I am a Lou supporter and I really do have faith that he'll get this fixed..The linebackers need to truly get better in the off-season they regressed alot this season..

The saddest part of it all is that we've put waaaaaaaaaayy to much draft capital into the defensive side of the ball to be as bad as we are this year..how much more draft capital do we have to invest on the defensive side of the ball?? We should be able to fix the interior thru free agency, I'm truly hoping for another pass rusher to help out Hendrickson, preferably a speed rusher in the Khalil mack, von miller type mold..I'm truly sick of the prototypical 6"6 slow pass rusher that we always seem to go after..
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:31 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: He never adjusted his scheme to the personnel all season long including today's game..instead of playing more shell two high coverage he constantly wants to go single high cover 3..Lou is very stubborn, he keeps having sample and Hubbard rushing from right end,instead of giving Murphy and ossia some of those reps at rde..cam sample gives us absolutely nothing same thing with Zac Carter why is starting??

The secondary cannot play off coverage or press man effectively, so I can't blame Lou there..going forward I honestly don't know how this gets fixed we're just no physical enough or fast enough up front to be a consistent defense..Third down has become an absolute nightmare no matter what the down and distance is, I do want to say that I am a Lou supporter and I really do have faith that he'll get this fixed..The linebackers need to truly get better in the off-season they regressed alot this season..

The saddest part of it all is that we've put waaaaaaaaaayy to much draft capital into the defensive side of the ball to be as bad as we are this year..how much more draft capital do we have to invest on the defensive side of the ball?? We should be able to fix the interior thru free agency, I'm truly hoping for another pass rusher to help out Hendrickson, preferably a speed rusher in the Khalil mack, von miller type mold..I'm truly sick of the prototypical 6"6 slow pass rusher that we always seem to go after..

The defense regressed for several reasons. Despite a huge year from Trey sacks from the other DL not great. We had 2 inexperienced safeties and it showed. I also thought the linebackers didn’t have a great year. The second consecutive year of a slow start ( OL ) was disappointing. And of course Joe’s health. But this team has issues other than Joe. I don’t know how long they are going to live with this poor running attack. I think it’s scheme and I just don’t think Pollack is good there.
Romo “ so impressed with Zac ...1 of the best in the NFL… they are just fundamentally sound. Taylor the best winning % in the Playoffs of current coaches. Joe Burrow” Zac is the best head coach in the NFL & that gives me a lot of confidence." Taylor led the Bengals to their first playoff win since 1990, ending the longest active drought in the four major North American sports, en and appeared in Super Bowl LVI, the first since 1988.

Reply/Quote
6 Field Goals.

The defense has had its issues this year but one of the biggest is bad offense. You cannot give teams that many chances to score points and win games.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Does anyone actually think he's a viable candidate to be head coach for another team?

I'm not calling for him to get purged, but this defense overall did not have a good showing this season.
Reply/Quote
Is it him or the players we have?

Watched a season with a bunch of 3, 4 and 5 and outs. Todays game, 0 points in the second half. The wide toss or pass behind the LOS is our default plays. A lot of issues with people wearing both pads and headsets.
Like a teenage girl driving a Ferrari. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:31 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: He never adjusted his scheme to the personnel all season long including today's game..instead of playing more shell two high coverage he constantly wants to go single high cover 3..Lou is very stubborn, he keeps having sample and Hubbard rushing from right end,instead of giving Murphy and ossia some of those reps at rde..cam sample gives us absolutely nothing same thing with Zac Carter why is starting??

Lou is the quintessential definition of a Mike Brown coaching pick. Bend but don’t break…what a ***** joke of a defensive scheme. Lou’s abysmal defenses have been opportunistic at best. The only consistent thing about his defense is that they will be inconsistent from one drive to the next, one game to the next. A key turnover here and there bails them out. They are soft, horrible at tackling, horrible at pressuring the QB outside of Hendrickson, and terrible at pass coverage. I honestly feel that the only times they looked good was when dumb opposing OCs go away from what was working.

The fact that this defense is ranked so poorly and people still think highly of him is completely laughable. He will be here next year and they will have another bottom 3 defense.
Reply/Quote
Lou stays he has proven himself, what has Pollack done?
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:01 PM)Stonyhands Wrote: Lou is the quintessential definition of a Mike Brown coaching pick.   Bend but don’t break…what a ***** joke of a defensive scheme.  Lou’s abysmal defenses have been opportunistic at best.   The only consistent thing about his defense is that they will be inconsistent from one drive to the next, one game to the next.   A key turnover here and there bails them out.   They are soft, horrible at tackling, horrible at pressuring the QB outside of Hendrickson, and terrible at pass coverage.    I honestly feel that the only times they looked good was when dumb opposing OCs go away from what was working.  

The fact that this defense is ranked so poorly and people still think highly of him is completely laughable.    He will be here next year and they will have another bottom 3 defense.

It's amazing how far a phrase can get you in life. The bend but don't break phrase has kept his job for a long time even though the defense is near last in the league in a few important stats. The bend but don't break phrase is uttered by fans.

But yeah they depended on the turnover this year and that is no way to depend on winning a game, probably the most undependable way next to waiting for a Special teams TD return or something lol.

At the same time I wonder how Lou never got a HC job, he must be shit at interviewing considering his defense probably carried them to the superbowl with Burrow doing just enough. Now he lives in the past.
Reply/Quote
Lou was never as great as people though, but he's also not as bad as people think.

It's hard to have an elite defense with average to below average guys at every level.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:23 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Lou was never as great as people though, but he's also not as bad as people think.

It's hard to have an elite defense with average to below average guys at every level.

You know... Ive been wondering for a year or so now are you GMDino? You post like Dino lol. It might be the Budweiser but I would put a couple Benjamin's on it lol. 
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
The whole damn organization sucked this year! From the front office, coaching staff and the players.

Front office did not build this team to compete in the AFC north. They signed horrible FA that didn’t d anything. And they didn’t pay to keep one of the two safeties.

Coaching staff sucked especially the offense scheme. I cannot stand it when they do nothing to confuse the defense at the beginning of the snap (motion) or running play action. You can only do so much out of shot gun. I won’t get into the defense since it been sad a thousand times.

The players sucked it up they talked big and couldn’t even make it into the playoffs (Chase & Boyd). Secondary couldn’t cover run game stunk.

Going into the season everyone thought they were Super Bowl contenders but only pretenders. It is very embarrassing to be a bengals fan in browns country this year. There is enough Steelers and bills fan running around that is like putting salt not an open cut. This hurts.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:49 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: The whole damn organization sucked this year!  From the front office, coaching staff and the players.  

Front office did not build this team to compete in the AFC north.  They signed horrible FA that didn’t d anything.  And they didn’t pay to keep one of the two safeties.

Coaching staff sucked especially the offense scheme.  I cannot stand it when they do nothing to confuse the defense at the beginning of the snap (motion) or running play action.  You can only do so much out of shot gun.  I won’t get into the defense since it been sad a thousand times.

The players sucked it up they talked big and couldn’t even make it into the playoffs (Chase & Boyd).  Secondary couldn’t cover run game stunk.

Going into the season everyone thought they were Super Bowl contenders but only pretenders.  It is very embarrassing to be a bengals fan in browns country this year.  There is enough Steelers and bills fan running around that is like putting salt not an open cut.  This hurts.

Just wait for the Browns to make the superbowl and lose, they will know pain. Otherwise the Ravens are going to eat them alive, NFL won't let a healthy lamar lose to a flacco led Browns team IMO.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 11:49 PM)Bronxbengal Wrote: The whole damn organization sucked this year!  From the front office, coaching staff and the players.  

Front office did not build this team to compete in the AFC north.  They signed horrible FA that didn’t d anything.  And they didn’t pay to keep one of the two safeties.

Coaching staff sucked especially the offense scheme.  I cannot stand it when they do nothing to confuse the defense at the beginning of the snap (motion) or running play action.  You can only do so much out of shot gun.  I won’t get into the defense since it been sad a thousand times.

The players sucked it up they talked big and couldn’t even make it into the playoffs (Chase & Boyd).  Secondary couldn’t cover run game stunk.

Going into the season everyone thought they were Super Bowl contenders but only pretenders.  It is very embarrassing to be a bengals fan in browns country this year.  There is enough Steelers and bills fan running around that is like putting salt not an open cut.  This hurts.

Completely understand brother..
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:52 PM)Emphasis Wrote: Does anyone actually think he's a viable candidate to be head coach for another team?

I'm not calling for him to get purged, but this defense overall did not have a good showing this season.

No, I don't think he's a viable candidate to be head coach for another team. Not that he wouldn't be a good head coach. But for the reason that he would be an impossible sell to a fanbase. How to do you sell someone as a head coach who headed up the lowest-ranked  or near lowest-ranked defense in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
Our linebackers get ran over time and time again they are lucky to drag guys down to the ground after 5 yards after contact. Then Hubbard a great run defender according to most of this board cannot tackle a QB and gets his ass dragged for a first down.
Reply/Quote
Soft coach soft coaching makes soft players.
Reply/Quote
(01-01-2024, 12:26 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: Our linebackers get ran over time and time again they are lucky to drag guys down to the ground after 5 yards after contact. Then Hubbard a great run defender according to most of this board cannot tackle a QB and gets his ass dragged for a first down.

Hubbard is good against the run. I think it was his angle coming over that allowed Mahomes to pick up the 1st Pratt needed to get a hold of him. 
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:51 PM)Synric Wrote: 6 Field Goals.

The defense has had its issues this year but one of the biggest is bad offense. You cannot give teams that many chances to score points and win games.

Still 25 points and 373 yards no matter how it came. Both are above the Chief's season average. They allowed the Chiefs to score on 7 out of their 9 drives.

Those two totals on average would give you the 31st overall and 28th scoring defense for a year.

- - - - -

This year the defense is..

31st Overall
29th Passing
32nd Passing YPA (a HUGE gap between them and 31st)
26th Rushing
31st Rushing YPC
21st Scoring
26th on 3rd Down

The defense is way worse than it has any right to be with that many paid and highly drafted guys on it. This isn't growing pains from young guys, this is just bad.

As bad as the offense has been, it's still better than the defense...
22nd Overall
11th Passing
18th Passing YPA
32nd Rushing
27th Rushing YPC
20th Scoring
18th on 3rd Down

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
The offense at least has an excuse (lost their franchise QB) but Zac is still not a good play caller. That 4th down call today was absolute trash.
The O line still needs some huge upgrades.

The D has no excuse. I know they lost Reader but the 2 LBs who got paid were terrible this season and Hubbard had little to no impact on games. The young D s seemed to get worse as the season went on.

They really need to play Murphy more on D and Chase Brown more on offense. They are both great athletes which is what the Bengals need on both sides of the ball.
Reply/Quote
(12-31-2023, 10:31 PM)Tlawsonmariat82 Wrote: He never adjusted his scheme to the personnel all season long including today's game..instead of playing more shell two high coverage he constantly wants to go single high cover 3..Lou is very stubborn, 

This part is not accurate Tim.  We play everything.  Cover 2, Cover 3, Cover 4, Tampa 2, zero, man under, robber, split field, dime, prevent, 5 man front, etc.

The All-22 is very clear that we mix up coverages a lot with mostly post snap action.

Reply/Quote