Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Love for Bengal's unis
It looks like most like the new unis. It good to see because the old one, which were awful, were consistently ranked near or at the bottom.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jeremyhayes/ranking-nfl-teams-uniforms    Buzzfeed #6

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/ranking-top-10-new-nfl-uniforms-nike   Sportskeeda #4

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nike-nfl-uniform-redesigns-buccaneers-jaguars-seahawks-dolphins-falcons-bengals/1hmphg6u6hbox1nf62atw76faw       Sporting News. These are the teams with redesigns. #4

BTW the guy at UniWatch didn't have anything good to say about them, he hated the old ones and said these aren't much better so I didn't bother to link him.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
They're a clean, simple uniform. Those are the kind that stand the test of time. The Raiders, Bears and Packers are good examples.

I do have to agree with someone here who said the shoulder stripes looked as though they were applied by a soccer mom. I would have preferred stripes akin to the '97-'03 unis, but that's a minor complaint.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 05:15 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: They're a clean, simple uniform.  Those are the kind that stand the test of time.  The Raiders, Bears and Packers are good examples.

I do have to agree with someone here who said the shoulder stripes looked as though they were applied by a soccer mom.  I would have preferred stripes akin to the '97-'03 unis, but that's a minor complaint.

About the only thing I don't like with the new uniforms is the shoulder stripes. They look a little too basic, something I picture a child sports parent ironing onto their kid's team shirt and calling it a uniform.

I liked the shoulder style on these concept jerseys better - https://www.si.com/nfl/bengals/news/designer-creates-amazing-bengals-concept-jerseys-leaping-tiger-logo

With that said, I still like these jerseys better than the previous jerseys. Just haven't been able to decide which player I'd like to get. Maybe I'll get a custom Ocho Cinco  Smirk
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
I stopped caring what Paul Lukas (Uni-Watch) thought a long time ago and I suggest everyone else do the same.
Reply/Quote
I don't mind this season's uniforms but still my favorite of all time are the ones with the bengal on the sleeves.

I hated when we stopped doing that.

[Image: UahsiIk.jpeg]
Reply/Quote
The uniforms look good on TV

The uni-watch dude liked everything people hated about the old uniforms and hated what everyone else liked. I remember he did a poll on the helmet, thinking everyone would be in his corner. The love the helmet faction won by a huge margin. He has been pissy ever since. Even now he tries to claim there are vast numbers of people who hate it.

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
I don’t know how Seattle doesn’t finish last in every poll. Two awful colors that don’t go together.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 04:48 PM)BengalRed Wrote: It looks like most like the new unis. It good to see because the old one, which were awful, were consistently ranked near or at the bottom.

https://www.buzzfeed.com/jeremyhayes/ranking-nfl-teams-uniforms    Buzzfeed #6

https://www.sportskeeda.com/nfl/ranking-top-10-new-nfl-uniforms-nike   Sportskeeda #4

https://www.sportingnews.com/us/nfl/news/nike-nfl-uniform-redesigns-buccaneers-jaguars-seahawks-dolphins-falcons-bengals/1hmphg6u6hbox1nf62atw76faw       Sporting News. These are the teams with redesigns. #4

BTW the guy at UniWatch didn't have anything good to say about them, he hated the old ones and said these aren't much better so I didn't bother to link him.

No they weren't. You just don't like them.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 07:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t know how Seattle doesn’t finish last in every poll. Two awful colors that don’t go together.

Yeah, I liked their old unis much better.

[Image: s-l1000.jpg]
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 07:51 PM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: No they weren't. You just don't like them.

Me and many other people. Did you catch the part where they almost always finished at the bottom of polls? I'm sure you did because you highlighted it.
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 07:22 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don’t know how Seattle doesn’t finish last in every poll. Two awful colors that don’t go together.

Shaun Alexander. 

[Image: poll_shaun.0.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Seattle's unis look like they would be in a sprite commercial
Reply/Quote
(10-20-2021, 09:27 PM)BengalRed Wrote: Me and many other people. Did you catch the part where they almost always finished at the bottom of polls? I'm sure you did because you highlighted it.

1. I highlighted it because it was part of your entire thought; you aren't in my head, so you couldn't have known the reasoning why I bolded that.
2. Bottom of polls? You mean subjective polls where people's opinions and not fact, reign supreme? Polls mean dick all.

Fashion is something that is so incredibly-subjective, you can't call something bad just because you (and others) don't like it.

I dress like shit for work (as I wrote last few, the bare minimum that is required), but that is due to the nature of my role and the fact that nobody sees me throughout the day, so I don't need to make an effort, but I've always had a keen eye on what looks good and what looks presentable/fashionable.

It doesn't mean whatever I say is fact, because Fashion is subjective.

So yes, it isn't, "a bad uniform," you just don't like it. Period.
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
On our uniforms, we've always been OK-to-good. I never hated the ML era duds, but they never were great either, there are people selling them for cheap so I may get dead stock to replace some of my damaged jerseys/used jerseys from the 2000s. A cherry palmer jersey for ~20ish! And I've already bought the orange and black ones of the new unis, albeit from China for like a quarter of the price. They look good on TV and in Madden.
Regardless, I still think these are the best we ever had, I dunno if they are too dated but I don't get why they didn't just bring these back like the Bucs and Browns did when they became legitimate clubs again. Maybe I just like them because we were winning the AFC in them.

Reply/Quote
Just get rid of the B logo and go back to the tiger.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 11:33 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: 1. I highlighted it because it was part of your entire thought; you aren't in my head, so you couldn't have known the reasoning why I bolded that.
2. Bottom of polls? You mean subjective polls where people's opinions and not fact, reign supreme? Polls mean dick all.

Fashion is something that is so incredibly-subjective, you can't call something bad just because you (and others) don't like it.

I dress like shit for work (as I wrote last few, the bare minimum that is required), but that is due to the nature of my role and the fact that nobody sees me throughout the day, so I don't need to make an effort, but I've always had a keen eye on what looks good and what looks presentable/fashionable.

It doesn't mean whatever I say is fact, because Fashion is subjective.

So yes, it isn't, "a bad uniform," you just don't like it. Period.
I agree with you that fashion is subjective. And that just because I don't like the old ones doesn't mean everyone doesn't like them. If you liked them I have no problem with that. But surely you could judge by the posts on this board that many of our members weren't crazy about them. BTW I actually liked the all white color rush unis. 

But I didn't realize just how much I disliked the old ones until I saw them next to the new ones. They are just such a fresher look. But as you said, it's all subjective. 
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 01:32 PM)BengalRed Wrote: I agree with you that fashion is subjective. And that just because I don't like the old ones doesn't mean everyone doesn't like them. If you liked them I have no problem with that. But surely you could judge by the posts on this board that many of our members weren't crazy about them. BTW I actually liked the all white color rush unis. 

But I didn't realize just how much I disliked the old ones until I saw them next to the new ones. They are just such a fresher look. But as you said, it's all subjective. 

Honestly the new uniforms don't look much different than the last incarnation. They took away the white side panel that bothered so many, changed the number and lettering font a lil, removed the orange from the sleeves along with the numbers, and made a slight change to the stripes... It's not a bad look, but it's not jarringly different than before.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I never realized how awful our old uniforms were until I see old pictures of Bengals players wearing them.

I just purchased a Munoz throwback and those are easily my favorite uniforms.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
Shoot, is the season over already? We're back to arguing uniforms and whether the Tiger or the B should be there 6 games into the season.
Reply/Quote
(10-21-2021, 01:18 PM)Southpaw Frerotte Wrote: Just get rid of the B logo and go back to the tiger.

Or even get creative a make a new tiger logo. There is so much potential to take a ferocious animal and make it something uniquely cool. 
Reply/Quote