Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Loyal fan for 49 years is about fed up
I went to the first Bengal game in Nippert Stadium and have watched almost every Bengal game for 49 years.

My Dad was an original season ticket holder. He is long gone but watching the games today is my connection to him.

Marvin Lewis should have resigned or been fired after the meltdown against Pittsburgh last year in the playoff game.

I am sick and tired of Marvin's team always getting out coached and outplayed in every prime time game and 90% of the big meaningful games during is career.

Our offense is so predictable. We slice through the Giants in the air in the first series and then we go back to always running on first and second down , getting no yards, and putting Andy in a third and long situation.

Our offensive line is pathetic and Paul Alexander should be fired tomorrow.

If I lived in Cincinnati and despite my completely loyal commitment- including brainwashing my three sons into being Bengal fans- I would not renew my season tickets next year absent Marvin being fired and a new coach given the freedom to clean house and bring in his own people.

Everything is too comfortable with the Bengals right now.

In my profession, all of my clients would have fired me a long time ago if I had such a dismissal record losing almost every significant game including prime time and playoff games.

I wish AJ could go play for the Patriots because he is a completely class player and deserves so much more than what this franchise to doing.

We have a core group of very good players and if there are not major changes next year in the coaching staff, I would hope that for the benefit of off of these players - Andy, AJ, Geno , Gio and several others- that they would be allowed to leave this dysfunctional organization where mediocrity is perfectly acceptable.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
You nailed it. Rep to you.
Reply/Quote
You hit a great point: The Bengals had an epic meltdown against the Steelers last year in the playoffs that showed no control over players/discipline...and what changes were made?

1 ) Same HC is brought back.
2 ) Burfict retained
3 ) Jones retailed

What did the Bengals expect?
Reply/Quote
I think you write this same thing every year? No?
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You hit a great point: The Bengals had an epic meltdown against the Steelers last year in the playoffs that showed no control over players/discipline...and what changes were made?

2 ) Burfict retained
3 ) Jones retailed

.....and then Burfict shows up off of a suspension out of shape and playing like dog shit.  He was my favorite player....our first enforcer since Fulcher, now, I just mostly cuss at him.  Although, he did play hard last night....for a change.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 12:58 PM)Fresno B Wrote: I think you write this same thing every year? No?

No, I do not except that I did call for Marvin to be fired the day after the Pittsburgh meltdown last year. That loss was all about bad coaching and Marvin losing control of his players

I have been a loyalist dating back to Bengal.com days

These guys are wearing me out after 49 years.

No other organization would put up with this level of mediocrity or incompetence year after year after year.

There s no precedent in the NFL for a team keeping a head coach for 13 years and who has lost 6 or 7 playoff games, almost every prime time game, and loses the vast majority of games against our main rival - the Steelers.

I foresee a major fan revolt and season ticket holder revolt if Marvin is not sent packing and they fail to make a splash on a new coach and a new staff.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:34 PM)bengals67 Wrote: No, I do not except that I did call for Marvin to be fired the day after the Pittsburgh meltdown last year. That loss was all about bad coaching and Marvin losing control of his players

I have been a loyalist dating back to Bengal.com days

These guys are wearing me out after 49 years.

No other organization would put up with this level of mediocrity or incompetence year after year after year.

There s no precedent in the NFL for a team keeping a head coach for 13 years and who has lost 6 or 7 playoff games, almost every prime time game, and loses the vast majority of games against our main rival - the Steelers.

I foresee a major fan revolt and season ticket holder revolt if Marvin is not sent packing and they fail to make a splash on a new coach and a new staff.

I started the revolt on my own this year by not renewing my season's tickets and i didn't even bother with Sunday Ticket either! Even if the changes you ask for are done we're stilll left with Mike Brown and company to drive this further into the ground.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:41 AM)THE PISTONS Wrote: You hit a great point: The Bengals had an epic meltdown against the Steelers last year in the playoffs that showed no control over players/discipline...and what changes were made?

2 ) Burfict retained
3 ) Jones retailed

Dont forget about Peko. Among all those penalties in that game, his 15 yarder was the worst imo because he wasnt even part of the play. He came off the sideline wearing a coat ffs. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
If you weren't fed up or you didn't give up in the 90s then you're never going to give up. Face he facts, bend over, and continue to take it up the ass, bud. We all do.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:41 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: If you weren't fed up or you didn't give up in the 90s then you're never going to give up. Face he facts, bend over, and continue to take it up the ass, bud. We all do.

weezy the fumble by Hill and the stupid reactions of Burfict and Jones hurt worse than any of the many bone head and dumb and unlucky events experienced by this team in my 49 years of watching them

It is all on fricking Marvin Lewis and his inability to prepare a team for a big game and his deer in the headlights stare whenever things get tough during a game.

They look so unprepared this year, they lack intensity, they repeatedly make stupid mistakes, and they are constantly outcoached.

I wish AJ Green could get out of dodge. It is not fair to a player like him to have to put up with tis crap and lack of concern or commitment to trying to be excellent.
Reply/Quote
New coaches and players.. sometimes these things take time to gel. And then you have to take a another hard look at the schedule. Notice it hasn't exactly been cake. 9 games in and only 3 have been at home. Our away games have been against the top teams in the NFL as of today and then the Steelers.

Not saying change's don't need to be made, but i'm willing to give it more than 9 games before freaking the **** out. Perhaps like the Steelers, Packers, Panthers, and Cardinals, we are just having a down year. It happens!

loyal fan for 36 years

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:26 PM)Atomic Orange Wrote: New coaches and players.. sometimes these things take time to gel. And then you have to take a another hard look at the schedule. Notice it hasn't exactly been cake. 9 games in and only 3 have been at home. Our away games have been against the top teams in the NFL as of today and then the Steelers.

Not saying change's don't need to be made, but i'm willing to give it more than 9 games before freaking the **** out. Perhaps like the Steelers, Packers, Panthers, and Cardinals, we are just having a down year. It happens!

loyal fan for 36 years

You really cannot compare this organization to the Steelers, Packers, Panthers, or Cardinals.  The Panthers came into the league after the last Bengals playoff win, yet have been to two Super Bowls and have multiple playoff wins.  The Steelers and Packers are two of the most historic and successful organizations in the league.  Maybe, possibly the Cardinals, but even they have playoff wins and Super Bowl appearances in the recent past.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:49 PM)bengals67 Wrote: weezy the fumble by Hill and the stupid reactions of Burfict and Jones hurt worse than any of the many bone head and dumb and unlucky events experienced by this team in my 49 years of watching them

It is all on fricking Marvin Lewis and his inability to prepare a team for a big game and his deer in the headlights stare whenever things get tough during a game.

They look so unprepared this year, they lack intensity, they repeatedly make stupid mistakes, and they are constantly outcoached.

I wish AJ Green could get out of dodge. It is not fair to a player like him to have to put up with tis crap and lack of concern or commitment to trying to be excellent.

Listen, I agree with you, but we arent going to just give up rooting for this team. Its not going to happen. 

So like I said, proceed to bend over, spread the cheeks, and continue to take it up the rear from Mikey boy.  Hilarious
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 11:20 AM)bengals67 Wrote: In my profession, all of my clients would have fired me a long time ago if I had such a dismissal record losing almost every significant game including prime time and playoff games.

No they would not.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 03:49 PM)bengals67 Wrote: I wish AJ Green could get out of dodge. It is not fair to a player like him to have to put up with tis crap and lack of concern or commitment to trying to be excellent.

Actually if Marvin has had all of this success without even trying that means he is one of the greatest coaches of all time.

There are a lot of other coaches out there trying very hard who have not ben able to reach Marvin's consistent level of success.
Reply/Quote
Marvin is a disgrace.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually if Marvin has had all of this success without even trying that means he is one of the greatest coaches of all time.

There are a lot of other coaches out there trying very hard who have not ben able to reach Marvin's consistent level of success.

Nervous
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 04:57 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Actually if Marvin has had all of this success without even trying that means he is one of the greatest coaches of all time.

No other NFL team would keep a coach for 13 years who has lost six or seven playoff games, consistently loses on prime time, and regularly gets beat by our arch enemy.

It was over when we lost to Pittsburgh last year in the playoffs.

We all should have seen this coming.
Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 06:00 PM)bengals67 Wrote: No other NFL team would keep a coach for 13 years who has lost six or seven playoff games, consistently loses on prime time, and regularly gets beat by our arch enemy.

It was over when we lost to Pittsburgh last year in the playoffs.

We all should have seen this coming.

Agreed.....although, I didn't see a fall this far.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-15-2016, 05:27 PM)JumboTron Wrote: Marvin is a disgrace.

Ooh Ooh, Can I play?

"Marvin rapes babies and drinks the blood of kittens."

Am I winning now?
Reply/Quote