Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
M. Alexander
Don't care what we need to do, but he definitely needs to be extended. Would be a crime to let this guy go.
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 10:53 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Don't care what we need to do, but he definitely needs to be extended. Would be a crime to let this guy go.

I would like to have him back but I wonder if he wants to be back?
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 10:53 PM)Amalone002 Wrote: Don't care what we need to do, but he definitely needs to be extended. Would be a crime to let this guy go.

Totally agree but we might get priced out of a deal
Reply/Quote
We were a better defense with him on the field. Definitely should be a priority in FA.
Reply/Quote
I believe he's posted that he likes it in Cincy so I can see us prioritizing him in free agency. Probably the #2 internal priority after Lawson.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Agreed. Kid's a play maker, and he wears my number!
Reply/Quote
I agree he seems to like Cincy, remember his buddy from the Vikings is here too Waynes!! but yes I feel that he needs to be a priority to resign as well as:

1) Lawson
2) Alexander
3) Huber
4) Harris
5) Wilson
6) M.Thomas-ST
7 J.Bynes

---Everyone else adios!!
Reply/Quote

He improved as the season went on and I think he's a good fit.

He's got quite an aggressive, salty demeanor for a CB and seems to enjoy contact.

In fact with him , Bell and Bates we seemed to have pretty good tackling for the most part in the secondary (was poor last year)
Reply/Quote
Slot corner is so important to have and I thought he played really well last year. I think we could roll with Wayne, Phillips, and MAC, but we definitely need some depth behind them, as they all were injured at one point last year.
Reply/Quote
I agree, resign the man!
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 01:56 AM)bengaloo Wrote: We were a better defense with him on the field. Definitely should be a priority in FA.

110% agree....he brought good cover skills and physicality to the D which it was starving for 
Reply/Quote
His desire to re-sign with us may lie on how his situation early with the season was handled. We may have earned his respect by backing him and showing support. He was just cleared of all charges.

IDK but I agree I’d like to see him back.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 04:20 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: His desire to re-sign with us may lie on how his situation early with the season was handled. We may have earned his respect by backing him and showing support. He was just cleared of all charges.

IDK but I agree I’d like to see him back.

just came here to say his charges have been dropped.
Reply/Quote
Speaking of Mr. Alexander, this is good news:

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2021/01/19/battery-charges-dropped-against-mackensie-alexander/
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-18-2021, 10:57 PM)SuperBowlBound! Wrote: I would like to have him back but I wonder if he wants to be back?

He sure seemed like he loves playing here to me. Bring Mackenzie back should be a major priority for us this year as the OP says.

Really like Mackenzie Alexander, love the way he plays. I always thought when we first signed him that there was an unwritten 
agreement to extend him after the season was over.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 06:29 AM)sonofstat Wrote: He improved as the season went on and I think he's a good fit.

He's got quite an aggressive, salty demeanor for a CB and seems to enjoy contact.

In fact with him , Bell and Bates we seemed to have pretty good tackling for the most part in the secondary (was poor last year)

I like how these guys played against our Division rivals too, no back down in them. 

Need to have players like this in our Division. The Secondary was the strength of the Defense.
Reply/Quote
(01-19-2021, 07:55 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I like how these guys played against our Division rivals too, no back down in them. 

Need to have players like this in our Division. The Secondary was the strength of the Defense.

This.  Especially against pit Monday night,  Alexander was all over the place,  covering and tackling all over.  

Even my dad who doesn't like the bengals and think we suck said "that number 21 can play some ball" after watching him Monday night.
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 01:44 AM)Amalone002 Wrote: This.  Especially against pit Monday night,  Alexander was all over the place,  covering and tackling all over.  

Even my dad who doesn't like the bengals and think we suck said "that number 21 can play some ball" after watching him Monday night.

That Vonn Bell hit had to be the hit of the year man, thing of beauty. Smirk

And yes, Alexander is a baller.
Reply/Quote
We need to retain Alexander and Bell. Also Lawson and hopefully Bynes. The problem is we still have Lou which means we are stuck with his terrible scheme which has messed up our linebackers since he arrived.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(01-20-2021, 05:40 PM)Joelist Wrote: We need to retain Alexander and Bell. Also Lawson and hopefully Bynes. The problem is we still have Lou which means we are stuck with his terrible scheme which has messed up our linebackers since he arrived.

Another time to cue Metallica's Sad But True...
Reply/Quote