Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 2.33 Average
M/illions march in NY against the Repubs
Marching against the cowardly Republicans in congress over the destruction of our planet due to climate change.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/global-climate-change-strike-protests-today-2019-09-20-live-updates/

Repub's motive = greed Gaah
(09-20-2019, 04:39 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Marching against the cowardly Republicans in congress over the destruction of our planet due to climate change.

https://www.cbsnews.com/live-news/global-climate-change-strike-protests-today-2019-09-20-live-updates/

Repub's motive = greed Gaah

Nothing speaks about Bravery like having children march for you.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
(09-20-2019, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing speaks about Bravery like having children march for you. FWIW, I find your sig to be homophobic.

The march was organized by "children" who seem to care (and know) more about wanting to save the planet for us in the future than the adults do.

Praise be they weren't...gasp...swearing too.  Some would just have the vapors over it!   Smirk

All seriousness aside they were having children march WITH them.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
(09-20-2019, 05:07 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Nothing speaks about Bravery like having children march for you. FWIW, I find your sig to be homophobic.
What Lindsay does in private is his business.  If you think he is a homosexual that is your opinion.
(09-20-2019, 05:41 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: What Lindsay does in private is his business.  If you think he is a homosexual that is your opinion.

Also what he does in public is his business. My opinion of Graham has nothing to do with it;  I just wanted to give you my perspective. 

As to the OP: It's good to see the kids get involved but I don't see it as a counter to cowardice. Where were these folks letting kids skip school when I was in?

(09-20-2019, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Also what he does in public is his business. My opinion of Graham has nothing to do with it;  I just wanted to give you my perspective. 

As to the OP: It's good to see the kids get involved but I don't see it as a counter to cowardice. Where were these folks letting kids skip school when I was in?

Disagree. Being an elected official what he does in public is My business. That is my perspective. To each their own.
(09-20-2019, 06:01 PM)ballsofsteel Wrote: Disagree. Being an elected official what he does in public is My business. That is my perspective. To each their own.

Hell the tangent may be more interesting than the OP. I think what he does in public is still his business. What he does on the Senate floor is yours. 

(09-20-2019, 06:20 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Hell the tangent may be more interesting than the OP. I think what he does in public is still his business. What he does on the Senate floor is yours. 

Good point. I agree.

"cowardly Republicans in congress"  this still is true.
(09-20-2019, 05:25 PM)GMDino Wrote: The march was organized by "children" who seem to care (and know) more about wanting to save the planet for us in the future than the adults do.

Praise be they weren't...gasp...swearing too.  Some would just have the vapors over it!   Smirk

All seriousness aside they were having children march WITH them.

Good for them. Kids should be involved in issues like this and practicing good citizenship. Getting out of your comfort zone is a brave thing to do.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 71068741_3686440414700243_23364710094119...e=5DF69595]
(09-21-2019, 09:10 AM)GMDino Wrote: [Image: 71068741_3686440414700243_23364710094119...e=5DF69595]

I don't know if that's the strongest endorsement.  There have been billions of fifteen year old girls, and they came up with a list of four.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-23-2019, 03:09 PM)michaelsean Wrote: I don't know if that's the strongest endorsement.  There have been billions of fifteen year old girls, and they came up with a list of four.

It only takes one to make a difference.

And for contrast:

(09-23-2019, 03:12 PM)GMDino Wrote: It only takes one to make a difference.

You don't find the meme a little ridiculous?  Young women are fierce when changing the world and you come up with four?  I mean Joan said God talked to her and told her she was going to do great things which would have made her a laughingstock with half of the people who will lap up that meme talking about the magical wizard in the sky.

I don't know, it just seems like anymore someone posts a picture with words and everyone else is like, "whoa so true".

Can we at least agree that Sunset needs to quit hitting the snooze button on Monday mornings?
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(09-23-2019, 03:24 PM)michaelsean Wrote:   You don't find the meme a little ridiculous?  Young women are fierce when changing the world and you come up with four?  I mean Joan said God talked to her and told her she was going to do great things which would have made her a laughingstock with half of the people who will lap up that meme talking about the magical wizard in the sky.

I don't know, it just seems like anymore someone posts a picture with words and everyone else is like, "whoa so true".

Can we at least agree that Sunset needs to quit hitting the snooze button on Monday mornings?

I find someone taking time out to argue about the legitimacy of a meme by arguing that out of all of history only four made it on to the list a little "ridiculous". 

Pick another group, tell me how many were wildly successful and I'll just tell that that in the history of people that's not very many.
(09-23-2019, 03:43 PM)GMDino Wrote: I find someone taking time out to argue about the legitimacy of a meme by arguing that out of all of history only four made it on to the list a little "ridiculous". 

Pick another group, tell me how many were wildly successful and I'll just tell that that in the history of people that's not very many.

Like I said.  Not a very good endorsement to point out that a couple of people out of billions accomplished something.  If someone asks, "What does a twenty something know?" I'm not going to reply, "Well Alexander ruled half the world by his mid-twenties".  

Low energy POTUS leaves after ten minutes.

I suppose he was afraid he might learn something?  Or have his beliefs challenged?

Edit: He wasn't listening to her talk. The I only wanted the bottom tweet.
(09-23-2019, 04:06 PM)michaelsean Wrote: Like I said.  Not a very good endorsement to point out that a couple of people out of billions accomplished something.  If someone asks, "What does a twenty something know?" I'm not going to reply, "Well Alexander ruled half the world by his mid-twenties".  

What is sad is that the detractors are just talking about her being a young girl instead of what she is actually saying.  They are just trying to distract us from the truth of her comments by making an issue of her age.
(09-20-2019, 05:54 PM)bfine32 Wrote: As to the OP: It's good to see the kids get involved but I don't see it as a counter to cowardice. Where were these folks letting kids skip school when I was in?

Leading the Civil Rights movement.

[i][url=http://www.tolerance.org/kit/mighty-times-childrens-march][/url]Mighty Times: The Children’s March[/i] tells the story of how the young people of Birmingham braved arrest, fire hoses, and police dogs in 1963 and brought segregation to its knees. In the spring of 1963, Birmingham, Alabama, was the “do-or-die” battleground for the Civil Rights Movement. Heavy intimidation by Birmingham authorities left the Movement floundering. Using word-of-mouth under a veil of secrecy, more than 4,000 African American schoolchildren organized to desert classrooms at exactly 11 a.m. on “D-Day,” May 2, 1963, touching off a week of mass demonstrations and rioting that shocked the nation. Police tried to stop them. Yet, the children prevailed.

Nothing says "coward" like attacking the messenger because you are afraid to address the message.
(09-23-2019, 08:28 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Leading the Civil Rights movement.

[i][url=http://www.tolerance.org/kit/mighty-times-childrens-march][/url]Mighty Times: The Children’s March[/i] tells the story of how the young people of Birmingham braved arrest, fire hoses, and police dogs in 1963 and brought segregation to its knees. In the spring of 1963, Birmingham, Alabama, was the “do-or-die” battleground for the Civil Rights Movement. Heavy intimidation by Birmingham authorities left the Movement floundering. Using word-of-mouth under a veil of secrecy, more than 4,000 African American schoolchildren organized to desert classrooms at exactly 11 a.m. on “D-Day,” May 2, 1963, touching off a week of mass demonstrations and rioting that shocked the nation. Police tried to stop them. Yet, the children prevailed.

Nothing says "coward" like attacking the messenger because you are afraid to address the message.
1. First off welcome back

2. Which messenger did I cowardly attack in my fear?