Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
MJ Waived
(08-31-2021, 01:34 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: I dunno. I guess I'm just surprised they have decided that all of the back ups along the IOL will be rookies. That's putting a ton of faith in rookies.

on the flip side it tells you how absolutely God awful MJ and Price really were.    They had no business blocking for a franchise qb.
Reply/Quote
I’m fine with the move but the Bengals should have addressed the interior line in free agency. I don’t think Spain and XFS are that good and you now have 3 rookies backing up all 3 inside positions.
Reply/Quote
Gotta say I'm surprised. Figured they'd move Carman to RG#1 and cut the vet XSF. XSF must be doing very well for them to go this route.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: OT - Jonah, Reiff, Johnson
C - Hopkins, Hill
OG - Spain, XSF, Smith, Carman

I don’t hate that group.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:45 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m fine with the move but the Bengals should have addressed the interior line in free agency. I don’t think Spain and XFS are that good and you now have 3 rookies backing up all 3 inside positions.

Exactly this, I like the rookies potential, but I feel even the coaches have a limited idea of how these guys are going to act/perform throughout and entire season. They’ve only been with these guys for a few months and sometimes it takes a full year to actually understand what you have. It’s a gamble honestly and if you told me we were going to gamble with Joe Burrows health this season I wouldn’t be too pleased… I’ll be holding my breath all season as both Spain and XSF have had injuries keep them out before.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:44 PM)Mgbrown66 Wrote: on the flip side it tells you how absolutely God awful MJ and Price really were.    They had no business blocking for a franchise qb.

Yeah, Jordan alone gave up 15 QB hits last year.  Mellow
Reply/Quote
I called this one even when MJ was getting snaps and looking improved. There just isn't roster room for him and this gets him to another team where the stigma of the Burrow injury won't be staring at him.

OT: Jonah, Reiff, Johnson, Prince

OG: Spain, XSF, Smith, Carman

C: Hopkins, Hill
Reply/Quote
Remember when people were freaking out over that 1st depth chart? Lol

Reply/Quote
Another Wow move to me. Did anybody see both Price & Jordan gone.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:31 PM)ochocincos Wrote: OT - Jonah, Reiff, Johnson
C - Hopkins, Hill
OG - Spain, XSF, Smith, Carman

Desperately need a 4th OT on that depth chart. Can't go into a game just 3 deep.

Jonah can't be relied upon to stay healthy and Reiff hasn't played a full season since 2015. Really don't want to see a game where Fred Johnson and either Carman or Mason Schreck are the two starting tackles.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 02:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Desperately need a 4th OT on that depth chart. Can't go into a game just 3 deep.

Jonah can't be relied upon to stay healthy and Reiff hasn't played a full season since 2015. Really don't want to see a game where Fred Johnson and either Carman or Mason Schreck are the two starting tackles.

Prince may make it now.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
But so many people on this board said we did enough along the O-line with Reiff and a 2nd round Carman. It will be fun to necro that thread once the O-line performs similar to last year's....
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 02:24 PM)PAjwPhilly Wrote: But so many people on this board said we did enough along the O-line with Reiff and a 2nd round Carman. It will be fun to necro that thread once the O-line performs similar to last year's....

Or it will be fun to bring back when our O-line shows a lot of improvement.

Look, Carmen and Reiff are not the only improvements.  We also added a new O-line coach.  Plus last year Spain, Su'a-Filo, and Williams never played at the same time.  
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 02:32 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Or it will be fun to bring back when our O-line shows a lot of improvement.

Look, Carmen and Reiff are not the only improvements.  We also added a new O-line coach.  Plus last year Spain, Su'a-Filo, and Williams never played at the same time.  

D’Ante Smith looks like much better depth than guys like MJ, Price, and Redmond, too.

Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 02:13 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: Desperately need a 4th OT on that depth chart. Can't go into a game just 3 deep.

The 4th OT is usually inactive. You carry your starters a swing and then have an emergency in a guard who can play tackle. Carman I'd guess would be that emergency but Spain played it for us in a pinch last year so we have options. 
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 02:18 PM)jj22 Wrote: Prince may make it now.

Is that really a good thing?
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
Prince played well. They all did. The line from Starters down showed well.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2021, 01:45 PM)lone bengal Wrote: I’m fine with the move but the Bengals should have addressed the interior line in free agency. I don’t think Spain and XFS are that good and you now have 3 rookies backing up all 3 inside positions.

Nah, you'll have veterans backing up as soon as Carman and Smith take over as starters.
Reply/Quote
I already like this OL group 100% better than what started last season. Remember that one had Hart at RT, Jordan at LG and (since XSF got hurt almost right away) Redmond at RG. The caliber of the depth is also far better.
Reply/Quote
Like this. We have our veteran starters on the inside with Span, Hopkins, and XSF. And keep the young promising guys like Carman, Smith, Hill, and Adeniji. Price and Jordan were just guys and we knew what they were.
Reply/Quote