Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MJ practicing.
Heard that MJ was back on the field today. Most likely won't play on Sunday but will at least be a game time decision.

Good to see him back on the field ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 09:51 PM)GreenCornBengal Wrote: Heard that MJ was back on the field today. Most likely won't play on Sunday but will at least be a game time decision.

Good to see him back on the field ThumbsUp

Good, I hope he's ready Sunday
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Also heard Chris Carter was working exclusively with the Dline.
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 10:09 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Also heard Chris Carter was working exclusively with the Dline.

No surprise there. He'll line up exclusively on the edge as a pass rusher. 

If I see him off ball we must've had serious LB injuries.
Reply/Quote
Great to hear, hope he's back sooner rather than later.
Reply/Quote
I love it because it will be nice to see us have a legitimate pass rush again.

Atkins being back to better than his old self will be the main factor, but MJ will also get a lot of pressure, especially with Atkins calling for double teams and allowing him to be single blocked, and also be good in run D.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:08 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: I love it because it will be nice to see us have a legitimate pass rush again.

Atkins being back to better than his old self will be the main factor, but MJ will also get a lot of pressure, especially with Atkins calling for double teams and allowing him to be single blocked, and also be good in run D.

Did he get a new bionic knee ligament?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:18 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Did he get a new bionic knee ligament?

Did you watch him this preseason or pay attention to anything that was said about him during training camp?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Did you watch him this preseason or pay attention to anything that was said about him during training camp?

this

Geno is looking more and more like his old self.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:27 PM)J24 Wrote: Did you watch him this preseason or pay attention to anything that was said about him during training camp?

Yeah. He didn't look "better than his old self". 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:29 PM)magikod Wrote: this

Geno is looking more and more like his old self.

Yep.

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. He didn't look "better than his old self". 
Lol
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:29 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Yeah. He didn't look "better than his old self". 

Reports are that he's looking better than his old self, and just seeing him in the small preseason samples made it look like it could be true.

He was in the backfield so quick on certain plays you had to think that he was a second ahead of the offensive linemen in real time.
Reply/Quote
(09-07-2015, 11:45 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Reports are that he's looking better than his old self, and just seeing him in the small preseason samples made it look like it could be true.

He was in the backfield so quick on certain plays you had to think that he was a second ahead of the offensive linemen in real time.

After watching him for the last year and a half, i'd say he's back to his old self, but i'll reserve the "better than" for when he eclipses his '12 season.

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 12:01 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: After watching him for the last year and a half, i'd say he's back to his old self, but i'll reserve the "better than" for when he eclipses his '12 season.

Better than his old self would be pretty damn scary, not that his old self wasn't scary. 
Today I'm TEAM SEWELL. Tomorrow TEAM PITTS. Maybe TEAM CHASE. I can't decide, and glad I don't have to.
Reply/Quote
Heck, I would be okay with him just being back to normal. We definitely needed him last year and it was pretty evident he wasn't ready (yet, Burfict is getting a vacation, for what feels like forever).

I don't really expect MJ to play or play much. If they aren't rushing Burfict, don't rush him.
Reply/Quote

Yes, because things said about players in training camp are always true. 
Geno still makes splash plays and will be good, but don't assume he'll be his old self still. It's no guarantee
Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 12:36 AM)eoxyod Wrote: Yes, because things said about players in training camp are always true. 
Geno still makes splash plays and will be good, but don't assume he'll be his old self still. It's no guarantee

I am going off what I saw from preseason and from what I saw from training camp highlights. The guy looks like his old self.
J24

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 12:45 AM)J24 Wrote: I am going off what I saw from preseason and from what I saw from training camp highlights. The guy looks like his old self.

No one disputed that. Mellow

Reply/Quote
(09-08-2015, 01:08 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: No one disputed that. Mellow
Yeah you did: edit never mind I can't read
J24

Reply/Quote