Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
ML on Bengals
No need for Marvin to watch, he will just check out the Gameday Threads here. Ninja

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Good God after listening to that im so glad hes gone.

His tone alone wears me out.
[Image: Screenshot-2022-02-02-154836.png]
The boys are just talkin' ball, babyyyy
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: No need for Marvin to watch, he will just check out the Gameday Threads here. Ninja

No doubt.

If Marvin knew anything about this Message Board and wanted to brighten up his self image; then he would have joined years ago under an assumed name with "Alerts" every time Fred made a Post.  Tongue
Reply/Quote
I think that by saying that he will miss the players and that’s it is his passive aggressive way of saying that he was never thrilled with the FO or the fans. He speaks like he coaches, in a passive way. It’s the main reason that I’m glad that he’s gone. The guy was a decent coach that had nearly 20 years to take it to the next level and failed. Yes, Mikey sucks too but Marvin has a few rosters good enough to advance. They lost more than one big game because of lack of discipline alone. I wish Marvin the best and could care less if he pouts or is thankful. This new coach may be better or worse than Marvin but it was past time to go in another direction. I do hope that the new coach has a less passive approach and is better with time management. Looking forward is what the fans should do.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 04:47 PM)Circleville Guy Wrote: I think that by saying that he will miss the players and that’s it is his passive aggressive way of saying that he was never thrilled with the FO or the fans. 

Which is kind of funny considering a lot of his players have been saying things that make him look pretty bad this offseason, but whatever.

If Marvin's got a problem with the fans (and I'm not sure that he does), he's as much to blame as anyone considering we revered the guy when he started here. Remember all the "In Marvin We Trust?" early in his tenure? How many other fanbases buy jerseys with the coaches name on them? If the fans turned away it's as much because he let them down than it is anything else.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 07:04 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Which is kind of funny considering a lot of his players have been saying things that make him look pretty bad this offseason, but whatever.

If Marvin's got a problem with the fans (and I'm not sure that he does), he's as much to blame as anyone considering we revered the guy when he started here. Remember all the "In Marvin We Trust?" early in his tenure? How many other fanbases buy jerseys with the coaches name on them? If the fans turned away it's as much because he let them down than it is anything else.

I don't know that any players trashed him. Fans are reading things into it.

When ZT is gone fans will turn on him too.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:27 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Podcast

The Bengals gave him almost 20 years of loyalty and he says this? I'm not sure I understand why the lack of respect in this statement

Yeah, well, Mike Brown has a funny way of showing loyalty. I know he talks it up just like he loves it when people think he really wants a championship. But when it comes down to it he's always a dollar short and a day late, or is it ten dollars short and 10 years late in his case?

No coach could even make the playoffs with Mike Brown in-charge until Marv came along. In fact, no coach could even have a winning record with Mike Brown in-charge until Marv came along. Maybe no coach will again. We won't find out until a coach actually wins something or Mike Brown kicks the bucket.

Marv's coaching was becoming stale. The team was predictable. Marv clearly had his favorites.

I personally find it hard to believe anyone has any genuine respect for Mike Brown. Sure there are kissasses all over, but deep down who really respects the guy who turned a proud franchise into the laughing stock of professional sports?

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:40 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Yeah, well, Mike Brown has a funny way of showing loyalty. I know he talks it up just like he loves it when people think he really wants a championship. But when it comes down to it he's always a dollar short and a day late, or is it ten dollars short and 10 years late in his case?

No coach could even make the playoffs with Mike Brown in-charge until Marv came along. In fact, no coach could even have a winning record with Mike Brown in-charge until Marv came along. Maybe no coach will again. We won't find out until a coach actually wins something or Mike Brown kicks the bucket.

Marv's coaching was becoming stale. The team was predictable. Marv clearly had his favorites.

I personally find it hard to believe anyone has any genuine respect for Mike Brown. Sure there are kissasses all over, but deep down who really respects the guy who turned a proud franchise into the laughing stock of professional sports?

Indeed. The time to move on from Marvin was after say playoff loss 5 to give another coach a chance to win with a good roster.

Instead...they give him 3 more seasons after playoff loss #7. Now many of our core players have left/aged out/and our guys like Green/Atkins are 31.

We're looking at atleast a partial rebuild.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 11:44 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: Indeed. The time to move on from Marvin was after say playoff loss 5 to give another coach a chance to win with a good roster.

Instead...they give him 3 more seasons after playoff loss #7. Now many of our core players have left/aged out/and our guys like Green/Atkins are 31.

We're looking at atleast a partial rebuild.

Marv's time here was a couple of years too long.

But a partial rebuild now will be easier than the rebuild in 2003. ZT has that on his side.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 07:04 PM)NKURyan Wrote: Which is kind of funny considering a lot of his players have been saying things that make him look pretty bad this offseason, but whatever.

The fans gave Marvin more than enough rope. Look at football cities that the media, fans and ownership actually hold coaches accountable. I can’t think of another city that would have stuck with him with as little pushback as he got.
Reply/Quote
You mean he didn't spend the remainder of his money to buy a Cincinnati bar and sit around to become another has-been lush shootin the shit with disgruntled fans every night into the wee hours? How disgraceful! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 10:27 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: Podcast

The Bengals gave him almost 20 years of loyalty and he says this? I'm not sure I understand why the lack of respect in this statement

I bet he watches when they are playing his beloved steelers...
Reply/Quote
Marvin just doesn't want to watch the team make a run at the AFC Championship Game the year after he leaves, without getting it done.
Reply/Quote
I don't think Marvin has the right to be butthurt at the Brown family, who gave him a well paying job for 16 years.
Reply/Quote
Have you ever left a job and said "I'll miss my friends, coworkers, but not the job" ?

I believe that's all he was saying here. I don't think he intended it as a jab at the fans. And I don't believe he and MB parted on a sour note either.
Reply/Quote
(06-05-2019, 04:16 PM)Wyche Wrote: No need for Marvin to watch, he will just check out the Gameday Threads here. Ninja

Hilarious Hilarious

First play from scrimmage - Mixon up the gut for 1 yard.

Two dozen fans - "that's it ! these guys suck ! the season is over ! I told you guys Price sucks ! ZT is stupid for calling a run play to start the season, I'm out, can't watch this #$%$"
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 10:18 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Have you ever left a job and said "I'll miss my friends, coworkers, but not the job" ?

I believe that's all he was saying here. I don't think he intended it as a jab at the fans. And I don't believe he and MB parted on a sour note either.

I'd be more than willing to bet, you are exactly right.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 10:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious

Two dozen fans - "that's it ! these guys suck ! the season is over ! I told you guys Price sucks ! ZT is stupid for calling a run play to start the season, I'm out, can't watch this #$%$"

We are doing OTAs and already 2 dozen fans are saying that......
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 11:09 AM)sandwedge Wrote: We are doing OTAs and already 2 dozen fans are saying that......

fanbase is a good representation of America these days mostly cry babies.
Reply/Quote
(06-06-2019, 10:25 AM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Hilarious Hilarious

It will be same fan who voted happy with 4 wins in 2019 in recent fan poll.  Whatever   Tongue
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote