Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MMQB ratings
http://mmqb.si.com/2015/07/03/nfl-quarterback-rankings/ 
I don't really have a problem with where Dalton is ranked but I would have put Bridgewater ahead of him instead of Carr. Also would put Flaco behind Romo, Ryan, and Eli Manning( their the same player except for the fact that Manning has more rings than Flaco) . Also would put Brees and Rivers over Ben.  It does show how deep the Qb position is in the NFL right now though. Wouldn't mind any of those guys in the top 25 except for Bradford but only due to injury.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
I could quibble with a few of these being off by a slot or two, but the only real big mistake is rating Flacco at #8. That is just ridiculous. Apparently he ignored all of Flacco's career except for the playoff run in 2012.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 11:42 AM)fredtoast Wrote: I could quibble with a few of these being off by a slot or two, but the only real big mistake is rating Flacco at #8.  That is just ridiculous.  Apparently he ignored all of Flacco's career except for the playoff run in 2012.

Flaco gets a lot more credit for his teams success then he should. I think he is a good Qb but I never got the impression that he was a great QB or that he was ever the main reason why his teams won in the playoffs. For the most part he has always been surrounded by a good running game and a good defense.
J24

Reply/Quote
WTH is Ryan so high?!?
[Image: Defensewcm.gif]
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 08:23 PM)Bmoreblitz Wrote: WTH is Ryan so high?!?

That's about right to me.

The real question is why is Luck at 3.
Reply/Quote
(07-11-2015, 11:32 PM)Stormborn Wrote: That's about right to me.

The real question is why is Luck at 3.

Maybe because he lead a mediocre team to the AFC championship game. What the guy has done in his first three seasons is remarkable especially when you consider all the hype that he came into the league with.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 01:12 AM)J24 Wrote: Maybe because he lead a mediocre team to the AFC championship game. What the guy has done in his first three seasons is remarkable especially when you consider all the hype that he came into the league with.

Overall his first two years were okay/solid. Last year he was very good, but to put him at three after one good year is a bit ridiculous. Rodgers, Brady, and Ben are all easily better and more proven. People seem to rank Luck based on potential instead of what he has actually done. 
[Image: what%2Bday%2Bis%2Bit.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 01:20 AM)MrRager Wrote: Overall his first two years were okay/solid. Last year he was very good, but to put him at three after one good year is a bit ridiculous. Rodgers, Brady, and Ben are all easily better and more proven. People seem to rank Luck based on potential instead of what he has actually done. 

Exactly. If your asking me who I want this year, I'd take at least 6 QBs over him.

Who I want the next 5-10 years is completely different.
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 01:20 AM)MrRager Wrote: Overall his first two years were okay/solid. Last year he was very good, but to put him at three after one good year is a bit ridiculous. Rodgers, Brady, and Ben are all easily better and more proven. People seem to rank Luck based on potential instead of what he has actually done. 

Luck carries his team more than anyone else in the NFL; Ben is good but he also has the best offensive supporting cast to work with.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 01:51 AM)Stormborn Wrote: Exactly. If your asking me who I want this year, I'd take at least 6 QBs over him.

Who I want the next 5-10 years is completely different.

Who exactly would you take?
I would only take Aaron Rodgers over Luck.
Brady and Manning are on the downsides of their careers. Luck should surpass 1 if not both of them this year.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(07-12-2015, 02:10 AM)J24 Wrote: Luck carries his team more than anyone else in the NFL; Ben is good but he also has the best offensive supporting cast to work with.

No Doubt there.
Luck doesn't have the top WR or the top RB in the league to help take pressure off of him.
Reply/Quote
Something interesting that I saw while looking up some Flacco stats was that Flacco and Ben are in some pretty elite company when it comes to total playoff wins by a QB.

At 10 a piece, they're tied for 9th. Of the other 8 QBs, 5 or HOFers and the other 3 are future HOFers (Favre, Brady, and P Manning).

Anyways, I'm not surprised to see Flacco ranked 8th. It's a pretty good spot to put him. He's far more consistent than Romo or Eli. He's more successful than Ryan, and he had a better Super Bowl run than Wilson. He won't turn over the ball and he'll make clutch throws when you need them. He's great in comeback situations too. Dude put up 2 14 point leads in Foxboro and then another 3 point lead with minutes left in the playoffs before the defense gave it up.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(07-15-2015, 12:50 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Who exactly would you take?
I would only take Aaron Rodgers over Luck.
Brady and Manning are on the downsides of their careers. Luck should surpass 1 if not both of them this year.

If I could have any QB in the league for 1 year for my team, I'd take:

Rodgers 
Brady
Roethlisberger
Brees
Manning (I won't believe the season long decline until I see it)
Rivers
Romo

Over Luck.

I have little doubt that Luck will find himself amongst the top 1-2 QBs in the league someday, but he still has a turnover problem, his completion percentage is still not where it needs to be, and all of these QBs ahead of him just have more experience than him. 

The problem is he's been anointed ever since coming in the league and glorified even though he went through typical growing pains. Once people get over this they'll see a guy slowly but surely adapting to the league, but not quite a God as soon as he stepped foot on an NFL field.

Good news is his passer rating eclipsed 90 for the first time, and started to show more consistency as a pocket passer. He's getting better, but those guys, have been consistently getting the job done for a long time, Luck's just starting.
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 11:36 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Something interesting that I saw while looking up some Flacco stats was that Flacco and Ben are in some pretty elite company when it comes to total playoff wins by a QB.

At 10 a piece, they're tied for 9th. Of the other 8 QBs, 5 or HOFers and the other 3 are future HOFers (Favre, Brady, and P Manning).

Anyways, I'm not surprised to see Flacco ranked 8th. It's a pretty good spot to put him. He's far more consistent than Romo or Eli. He's more successful than Ryan, and he had a better Super Bowl run than Wilson. He won't turn over the ball and he'll make clutch throws when you need them. He's great in comeback situations too. Dude put up 2 14 point leads in Foxboro and then another 3 point lead with minutes left in the playoffs before the defense gave it up.

Joe Flaco is not a HOF QB especially when you realize that in his first 6 playoff games he threw 1 TD pass to 6 INTs. Also lets not forget he did have a QB rating of 73.1 and he did throw more Interceptions than touchdowns. Flaco for the most part has always had a good running game except for 2013 and has had a good defense for the most part. Its not like your boy has been asked to carry the load for you guys since he has been your QB.
J24

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 01:44 PM)J24 Wrote: Joe Flaco is not a HOF QB especially when you realize that in his first 6 playoff games he threw 1 TD pass to 6 INTs. Also lets not forget he did have a QB rating of 73.1 and he did throw more Interceptions than touchdowns. Flaco for the most part has always had a good running game except for 2013 and has had a good defense for the most part. Its not like your boy has been asked to carry the load for you guys since he has been your QB.

So he wasn't that good in his rookie and sophomore years, but he has been the best playoff quarterback in the 5 seasons since? 25 TDs to 4 INTs. 104.24 QB rating.

I guess all he needs now is a defense that won't give up the leads he puts on the board and he could add another ring or two to his collection.

Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 11:36 AM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Something interesting that I saw while looking up some Flacco stats was that Flacco and Ben are in some pretty elite company when it comes to total playoff wins by a QB.

Oh my goodness. Aren't your jaws sore yet?!

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 01:53 AM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Oh my goodness. Aren't your jaws sore yet?!

Jealous you don't have an actual QB?

Reply/Quote
(07-18-2015, 05:31 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Jealous you don't have an actual QB?

Pretty much...

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(07-17-2015, 02:26 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: I guess all he needs now is a defense that won't give up the leads he puts on the board and he could add another ring or two to his collection.

Yeah, poor Joe has always suffered from having a weak defense behind him.

Or maybe he could actually lead the Ravens to 4th quarter td, whilch he has never done in a playoff loss 
Reply/Quote
(07-19-2015, 11:59 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Yeah, poor Joe has always suffered from having a weak defense behind him.

Or maybe he could actually lead the Ravens to 4th quarter td, whilch he has never done in a playoff loss 

Yea, because when he does it, they win...

Seriously, though, Flacco handed the defense 2 14 point leads and a lead with less than 5 minutes left.

Reply/Quote