Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
MY BOLD PREDICTION
(12-22-2015, 09:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dalton has NEVER turtled at the first sign of pressure, while McCarron has all 7 times he's been sacked.

That looks like a super inexperienced, borderline *****.

You want him "turtling" in those situations. We had the lead, and the only way we were losing that game was to give them TOs. Yeah, the guy doesnt read the coverage as quickly as he will someday,  so for now, yes, give it a quick read - nothing there? Either throw the ball away, or pull the ball down, tuck it away, move on to the next play. 

These are exactly the principles they teach at Alabama and it seems to work out for them year after year. Again, you WANT him tucking the ball away and eating it rather than throwing it up there when he doesn't know exactly where to go with it.

And, uh, yeah, Dalton "turtles" all the time. Even in his 5th year. Go back and watch film of the Texans game, just off the top of my head. As a a matter of fact, go watch any of those "Bad Andy" games people loved to talk about before this season, I guarantee you'll find more turtles than an aquarium.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 12:41 PM)WhoDeySince81 Wrote: You want him "turtling" in those situations. We had the lead, and the only way we were losing that game was to give them TOs. Yeah, the guy doesnt read the coverage as quickly as he will someday,  so for now, yes, give it a quick read - nothing there? Either throw the ball away, or pull the ball down, tuck it away, move on to the next play. 

These are exactly the principles they teach at Alabama and it seems to work out for them year after year. Again, you WANT him tucking the ball away and eating it rather than throwing it up there when he doesn't know exactly where to go with it.

And, uh, yeah, Dalton "turtles" all the time. Even in his 5th year. Go back and watch film of the Texans game, just off the top of my head. As a a matter of fact, go watch any of those "Bad Andy" games people loved to talk about before this season, I guarantee you'll find more turtles than an aquarium.

You mean like he did on the play that led to this?

[Image: p1t8FrPh.jpg]

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 09:18 AM)Truck_1_0_1_ Wrote: Dalton has NEVER turtled at the first sign of pressure, while McCarron has all 7 times he's been sacked.

That looks like a super inexperienced, borderline *****.

If I was the 2nd string QB and the starter was out with a broken thumb and some guy off the street was next up to take my position, I would probably "turtle" if a sack was imminent as well.

Has nothing to do with balls or guts, has everything to do with brains.

If you're hurt, you aren't playing.  And this is his chance to show people what he can do.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:20 PM)BigSeph Wrote: If I was the 2nd string QB and the starter was out with a broken thumb and some guy off the street was next up to take my position, I would probably "turtle" if a sack was imminent as well.

Has nothing to do with balls or guts, has everything to do with brains.

If you're hurt, you aren't playing.  And this is his chance to show people what he can do.

I agree with that....plus he isn't the most mobile guy either, and has to know that.  I have zero qualms with the way McCarron played Sunday.  No TOs was the biggest thing he needed to do, and he did exactly that.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 02:25 PM)Wyche Wrote: I agree with that....plus he isn't the most mobile guy either, and has to know that.  I have zero qualms with the way McCarron played Sunday.  No TOs was the biggest thing he needed to do, and he did exactly that.

A big issue with AJM after Sunday was he claimed he wouldn't want to throw a pick with a lead. 
On the face value that sounds good but if you look at how he played paired with that, it sounds like he wouldn't be willing to make or take risky throws with a lead. In the NFL, you have to do that or the terrible 49ers are still in the game with 6 minutes to go. 
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 05:02 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: A big issue with AJM after Sunday was he claimed he wouldn't want to throw a pick with a lead. 
On the face value that sounds good but if you look at how he played paired with that, it sounds like he wouldn't be willing to make or take risky throws with a lead. In the NFL, you have to do that or the terrible 49ers are still in the game with 6 minutes to go. 

True....but it was his first start.  Yes, he is going to have to take risks and up his game starting Monday night.....but, in the grand scheme of things, he did enough to help us win Sunday and wasn't a hindrance.  Not much more you can ask from a rookie, essentially, making his first start.  

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 05:17 PM)Wyche Wrote: True....but it was his first start.  Yes, he is going to have to take risks and up his game starting Monday night.....but, in the grand scheme of things, he did enough to help us win Sunday and wasn't a hindrance.  Not much more you can ask from a rookie, essentially, making his first start.  

First start my aching ass. 
If playing at Bama is such a big deal and winning all those games there and winning the NC is such a big deal then you don't get the "rookie" pass. Or people accept that shit means nothing and it shouldn't factor in.
Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 05:26 PM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: First start my aching ass. 
If playing at Bama is such a big deal and winning all those games there and winning the NC is such a big deal then you don't get the "rookie" pass. Or people accept that shit means nothing and it shouldn't factor in.

Not sure where you're going with this....but that is pretty much my sentiments on the matter.

Reply/Quote
(12-22-2015, 05:47 PM)Wyche Wrote: Not sure where you're going with this....but that is pretty much my sentiments on the matter.

Well the general defense of McCarron is "he's a rookie and rookies do those things" but his pros are that "he played at Bama and the stage won't be too big and he's a winner"

Well, it can't be both is my point. 

Not targeted directly at you necessarily.

A rookie can do a few bad things but when they do a lot of bad things....that's an issue.
Reply/Quote