Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Mahommes vs. Burrow...
I replied this to a different post, but thought it deserved its own thread:

Joe Burrow had 25 yards rushing against the Chiefs.

Pat Mahommes had 19 yards rushing against the Bengals.

I said before the game that Burrow will be "pulling out all stops" and if the Chiefs only rush four and there are a lot of defenders with their backs turned, Burrow will take off and run to move the chains.

What I didn't expect was Mahommes, coming off a 70 yard rushing effort against the Bills (on 7 carries...10 ypc), to be held to just 19 yards on 3 carries.

Incredible effort by Burrow and by the defense.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Burrow knew it going into the game as well and told Taylor he was going to run for 100.
Reply/Quote
You guys know how are KC fans handling this loss?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:45 AM)Sled21 Wrote: Burrow knew it going into the game as well and told Taylor he was going to run for 100.

He will do whatever he has to do to win the Super Bowl.  
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:48 AM)packerbacker Wrote: You guys know how are KC fans handling this loss?

Who cares?  It's like my absolute hatred for everything steelers.  They simply don't matter any more.  The pig has been taken to slaughter.  Their rule over the Bengals is over.  I don't even see much of their gear around already.  They don't matter.

I am not willing to look forward until they win in two weeks, but what Joe Burrow and ZT have done in building this team has given so much to fans everywhere, and to the Cincinnati area.

I don't care about the other fans.  I am just beyond happy for the fans of this team.

I can't keep my eyes from watering (allergies?) when I watch all these celebration videos.  It is just about the Bengals right now.  Too much fun to waste time listening to conspiracy theories or anything else.  Just enjoying this team so damn much.  
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I replied this to a different post, but thought it deserved its own thread:

I said before the game that Burrow will be "pulling out all stops" and if the Chiefs only rush four and there are a lot of defenders with their backs turned, Burrow will take off and run to move the chains.

What I didn't expect was Mahommes, coming off a 70 yard rushing effort against the Bills (on 7 carries...10 ypc), to be held to just 19 yards on 3 carries.  

To be fair, Mahommes had opportunities to run for positive yardage but decided to do his best Johnny Manziel impersonation and run around in the backfield hoping to make a big play instead of taking what was there.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
I think being so prepared for Lamar Jackson helped us. Sam Hubbard has excelled in keeping QBs in the pocket and making them work to run.
Reply/Quote
After rewatching the game, what is up with Kelsey's shoes and gloves. Every single player on the team had on white cleats and gloves, and Kelsey is wearing bright neon yellow cleats and gloves, looking like Big Bird out there. Is there a meaning there, or does he just want to stand out?
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:01 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: Who cares?  It's like my absolute hatred for everything steelers.  They simply don't matter any more.  The pig has been taken to slaughter.  Their rule over the Bengals is over.  I don't even see much of their gear around already.  They don't matter.

I am not willing to look forward until they win in two weeks, but what Joe Burrow and ZT have done in building this team has given so much to fans everywhere, and to the Cincinnati area.

I don't care about the other fans.  I am just beyond happy for the fans of this team.

I can't keep my eyes from watering (allergies?) when I watch all these celebration videos.  It is just about the Bengals right now.  Too much fun to waste time listening to conspiracy theories or anything else.  Just enjoying this team so damn much.  

Very true. I am super happy for you guys. I hope you win it in 2 weeks. I love you guys.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 10:06 AM)Sled21 Wrote: After rewatching the game, what is up with Kelsey's shoes and gloves. Every single player on the team had on white cleats and gloves, and Kelsey is wearing bright neon yellow cleats and gloves, looking like Big Bird out there. Is there a meaning there, or does he just want to stand out?

It's a conspiracy to make me think there's always a flag on the play.  Whatever
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
Burrow picking up those 3 1st downs with his legs were huge. Those were plays he might have normally been able to hit Uzomah on a check down, but obviously that wasn’t available. And I’d rather have Burrow run it than pass to Sample. :P

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 09:44 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I replied this to a different post, but thought it deserved its own thread:

they kept him in the pocket in the 2nd half and look what happened
Reply/Quote
I think 10 or 12 yds of the 19 came on 1 play in the 1st qtr
Reply/Quote
Burrow 2 - Mahomes 0
Reply/Quote
Mahomes is obviously a great QB. However for whatever reasons I believe he got rattled in that game. Some say he was chasing the play that ended the 1st half the rest of the game ?
Reply/Quote

Pat Mahommes had 19 yards rushing against the Bengals and 800000 yards running away from the Bengals defensive line.. .

HA! 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:19 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Mahomes is obviously a great QB. However for whatever reasons I believe he got rattled in that game. Some say he was chasing the play that ended the 1st half the rest of the game ?

I think this is his kryptonite - in clutch moments, he wants the bomb. He had Kelce wide open at the end of the game to get close to the goal line, and maybe even score, but he wanted the touchdown. Hubbard sacks him.

In OT, he had Kelce AGAIN open, but instead wanted the bomb to Hill. Picked. He is incredible, no doubt. But Joe Cool seems to always make the right play.
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:22 PM)thillan Wrote: I think this is his kryptonite - in clutch moments, he wants the bomb. He had Kelce wide open at the end of the game to get close to the goal line, and maybe even score, but he wanted the touchdown. Hubbard sacks him.

In OT, he had Kelce AGAIN open, but instead wanted the bomb to Hill. Picked. He is incredible, no doubt. But Joe Cool seems to always make the right play.

Agree

He doesn't want to lay a bunt down and get the runner over to second. He wants the Grand Slam or nothing.
Reply/Quote

If we are going to get upset with fans calling Burrow's name incorrectly (as Burrows), then we need to get Mahomes name right. 
Reply/Quote
(02-01-2022, 01:27 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: Agree

He doesn't want to lay a bunt down and get the runner over to second. He wants the Grand Slam or nothing.

Agreed.  He is more Favre than Brady.  More exciting, sure.  More explosive, sure. But not as effective, ultimately.   

However, if he tempers that instict a touch, he's a monster.  More so than he already is. 
Reply/Quote