Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Make No Bones About Bengals Are Going Deep this Year In The Playoffs
There has been too much negativity this offseason with the Bengals. Positive things are on the way, have you seen the changes from our front office this offseason so far. It has been tremendous. We picked up a guard in Reiff that will dramatically change this offensive line under Pollack. With the addition of Carman to guard and a healthy Williams we are looking at a fresh revamped line to protect Joe Burrow.

And speaking of, Chase to Burrow this season? It wont get better than this. We are talking LSU magic in stripes.

Now how can you not be excited about this? Yes, Zac struggled his first two seasons but with a sub par offensive line, how could he actually carry out his guru offensive minded plays? He was shackled, shackled I tell you under Jim Turners OL. Now he will have a playbook that will light up the NFL.

With a healthy defense we will also be able to see The Italian sausage himself, Lou Anarumo carry out his vision of what a 21st century defense looks like. I'm telling you its magic, magic!!!

And finally with a front office and Elizabeth Blackburn selling those HOT HOT HOT new jerseys we will all have something to wear on game day to cheer our favorite team on. Now get that credit card out and place your order. Don't forget to throw a hat in to boot! ThumbsUp

Now Who is with me? WHO DEY 2021 all the way to this year's Super Bowl!!!   *

*I hijacked GodFather's account this is really DennyG posting, the original BB Gangsta. WhoDey!!!!!
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 03:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: There has been too much negativity this offseason with the Bengals. Positive things are on the way, have you seen the changes from our front office this offseason so far. It has been tremendous. We picked up a guard in Reiff that will dramatically change this offensive line under Pollack. With the addition of Carman to guard and a healthy Williams we are looking at a fresh revamped line to protect Joe Burrow.

And speaking of, Chase to Burrow this season? It wont get better than this. We are talking LSU magic in stripes.

Now how can you not be excited about this? Yes, Zac struggled his first two seasons but with a sub par offensive line, how could he actually carry out his guru offensive minded plays? He was shackled, shackled I tell you under Jim Turners OL. Now he will have a playbook that will light up the NFL.

With a healthy defense we will also be able to see The Italian sausage himself, Lou Anarumo carry out his vision of what a 21st century defense looks like. I'm telling you its magic, magic!!!

And finally with a front office and Elizabeth Blackburn selling those HOT HOT HOT new jerseys we will all have something to wear on game day to cheer our favorite team on. Now get that credit card out and place your order. Don't forget to throw a hat in to boot! ThumbsUp

*I hijacked GodFather's account this is really DennyG posting, the original BB Gangsta. WhoDey!!!!!

too early for 150 proof koolaid
Reply/Quote
I don't know about deep into the playoffs, but this offense is going to put up a lot of points and this defense is going to be flat out nasty. I believe Bell set the tone for the defense last year with the Schuster hit.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 03:58 PM)GodFather Wrote: There has been too much negativity this offseason with the Bengals. Positive things are on the way, have you seen the changes from our front office this offseason so far. It has been tremendous. We picked up a guard in Reiff that will dramatically change this offensive line under Pollack. With the addition of Carman to guard and a healthy Williams we are looking at a fresh revamped line to protect Joe Burrow.

Yea I'm going into this season with tempered expectations.  

I expect by mid-season Joe Burrow to be back to the Burrow of old.  

By mid-season, if the OL can stay healthy, i expect them to play up to their average ability on the OL.  

I think this offense is legit set up to put points on the board.  I could see 30+ppg. 

I think this whole season comes down to Lou and his coaching ability.  Sorry this is my realistic expectations side. 

I believe we made improvements on defense but I still think this is the side of the ball that will hold us back this season.  
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 03:59 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: too early for 150 proof koolaid

*JaMarcus Russell has left the chat.*

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote

I'm thinking the Jim Jones followers heard something similar just prior to having a cup of their own koolaid....
"Our offensive line is going to surprise a lot of people" - Mike Brown (7-26-21)
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 05:21 PM)TJ528 Wrote: I could see 30+ppg. 

Lol... 

Number of 30+ ppg offenses the last 10 years.
2020: 5
2019: 1
2018: 3
2017: 0
2016: 1
2015: 2
2014: 2
2013: 1
2012: 2
2011: 3

Other than 2020, where they didn't play any preseason games, 30+ ppg means you had a Top-3 offense. If you see this 2021 Bengals team as a Top-3 offense, I want some of the drugs you're taking. They were the 29th ranked scoring offense in 2020. Even if you want to just look at the Burrow games, they were still only the 25th ranked scoring offense in 2020.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
I don't think this will be a top 10 offense because we have a bottom 5 offensive line until proven otherwise. It will be difficult to consistently run the ball and be balanced. I could see us being a big play offense potentially but it will be very inconsistent.
Reply/Quote
I'm sick of the pessimism....Bengals win 3 Super Bowls and 1 Grey Cup this year. Book it.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 07:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sick of the pessimism....Bengals win 3 Super Bowls and 1 Grey Cup this year.  Book it.

Gonna be a sick confetti year yo !
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 07:03 PM)Nately120 Wrote: I'm sick of the pessimism....Bengals win 3 Super Bowls and 1 Grey Cup this year.  Book it.

At this point,  I'm salivating at a Grey Cup
Reply/Quote

This is the moonshine of kool-aid. I could run my car on this kool-aid.
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 07:50 PM)BigPapaKain Wrote: This is the moonshine of kool-aid. I could run my car on this kool-aid.

Gotta get ya some Homer Fuel.

[Image: latest?cb=20141002124642]
[Image: 51209558878_91a895e0bb_m.jpg]
Reply/Quote
Hate to say it ,but we are 125/1 in Vegas which is the longest odds on the board. We are behind even ,ugh, Jacksonville which is 75/1.
Reply/Quote
This team is already predicted to be a top 5 in next year's draft. The only thing they'll be going deep into is a dumpster, to find a new coach..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 07:41 PM)PDub80 Wrote: At this point,  I'm salivating at a Grey Cup

Can use the Grey Cup to drink the 150 proof Kool-aid 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
I'm trying my best to stay optimistic about this season. And I do believe we'll see improvement. But deep into the playoffs ? That's some strong kool-aid.
Reply/Quote
I have absolutely nothing to lose by having high hopes about this team and conversely, absolutely nothing to lose by thinking they'll be the worst team ever..
My official prediction is they will land somewhere between the greatest football team ever in the history of sports and the worst football team ever in the history of sports.. Goddammit you can take THAT to the bank and tell the teller I said so! Surely you can exchange it for something..A kick in the ass maybe, but it'll be an event you can tell your grandkids about someday.
When your grandkids say, "Oh shut up you old fool." You can quote my old man's immortal words to them, "Wait'll you get to be my age you little shits!" ThumbsUp
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(05-11-2021, 07:57 PM)Goalpost Wrote: Hate to say it ,but we are 125/1 in Vegas which is the longest odds on the board.  We are behind even ,ugh, Jacksonville which is 75/1.

So you're saying there's a chance! Yes.  Let's go.  Who Dey.  lmao.
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote
Stay optimistic everyone! It has to happen someday. Why not now? Joe B has the swag to bring it home.
My saying is Please Bengals just win one before I die. I'm 51, have MS, and am really starting to worry. Lol
Joe Montana and company crushed me twice. We can do this. The O and D lines are improved. Our weapons have improved.
Hopefully, everyone stays healthy and we can keep Joe on the field and off the back of a cart. We are overdue. Who Dey for life!
The measure of who we are is what we do with what we have. Vince Lombardi
Reply/Quote