Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Wright says its Chase
(04-14-2021, 07:36 PM)psychdoctor Wrote: They seemed to have fallen in love with Williams and his metric data suggests elite prospect.  

I'm just not a fan of taking a non-Power 5 guy before the 3rd round. I feel there's too much risk for that guy making a jump quickly from smaller conference to NFL. But I'm not a scout lol.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Every team leaks disinformation during this time!
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 07:26 PM)Synric Wrote: I know one thing if Malik Wright does have a source the Front Office needs to clamp down on it.

Tobin all but advertised the pick anyway.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 07:29 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Agreed. No need to spill the beans before the draft despite who they plan to take. Chase is definitely a Mike Brown kind of pick. The good news is that he is legit and we do need a WR or 2. Hopefully this is just a smokescreen somehow. 

Since taking over in the early 90’s Mike Brown has actually taken more linemen in the 1st round than he has WR’s. I was kind of surprised to learn that, as the “shiny toy obsession” narrative is pretty much presented as fact around here.

Reply/Quote
I don't know why anybody would read ANYTHING into comments made by a team drafting at #5.

It's not like they are drafting 2. There is a real possibility that Chase/Sewell/Pitts would be off the board depending on what Atlanta does.

It just cracks me up that all year everyone is so bent out of shape with the O-line and now because Chase has a nice Pro-day, they view him as the guy we need to get. I don't put much stock into his 40 yard time. It was right about what I expected when you adjust it for the combine (4.44)

I'd be very disappointed that if we took Chase. IF we go pass catcher, Pitts (who is essentially Calvin Johnson) would be the guy that we should take. Either way, nobody has any idea right now how they are taking out of the Big 3
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 05:45 PM)WeezyBengal Wrote: This guys has predicted signings all through free agency. He's got a legit source on the inside. I take what he says as bible.

By all accounts, you should all prepare for Chase.

Why does this so called legit person on the inside also know Bengals top 3 choices? They pick at #5, to not have a top 3 would be silly. So someone needs to ask who are top 3 are right now.

He may be correct and I don't see Chase going in top 4, but Pitts or Sewell may go in top 4.

I would love to see all 3 available, then we know if this dude has a great source or is guessing just like all the draft experts.
Free Agency ain't over until it is over. 

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 08:47 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Tobin all but advertised the pick anyway.

I have been very busy so missed Tobin's comments. What did he say exactly?

First 6 years BB - 41 wins and 54 losses with 1-1 playoff record with 2 teams Browns and Pats
Reply/Quote
These should be moved to NFL draft
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 06:52 PM)Synric Wrote: I have $10 on 2nd round trade back targeting Wyatt Davis.

If round 1 pick is Chase or Pitts, more likely they trade back into round one for a RT, there will be a bunch in the 28 to 32 area.

Reply/Quote
At this point, I’m hoping the Bengals trade back. There’s too many holes on the offensive line (two, if not three, starters) for them to waste their first pick on a skill position.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 08:50 PM)Nicomo Cosca Wrote: Since taking over in the early 90’s Mike Brown has actually taken more linemen in the 1st round than he has WR’s. I was kind of surprised to learn that, as the “shiny toy obsession” narrative is pretty much presented as fact around here.

Don't let facts get in the way of a great narrative!
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 09:45 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: I have been very busy so missed Tobin's comments. What did he say exactly?

That this OL class is very deep, and there’s going to be some very good linemen available in rounds 2 & 3.

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 07:29 PM)bengaloo Wrote: Agreed. No need to spill the beans before the draft despite who they plan to take. Chase is definitely a Mike Brown kind of pick. The good news is that he is legit and we do need a WR or 2. Hopefully this is just a smokescreen somehow. 

Agree with you both as well. Not liking the openness about this. We are all but saying we are taking Chase regardless even if 
Sewell and Pitts are there. Not sure if I like this approach as our media and FO have never been the most cleverish bunch.

Love Chase but don't play your hand so early. All 3 would be great picks but Sewell is most definitely of the biggest need at the
position of greatest weakness.

But one thing as Nicomo said is we take OL early a lot more than people think. The problem has been the picks, not the position
that was targeted.
Reply/Quote
we can get both if we trade accordingly.. question is.. are the bengals competent to do it?

couple years ago the squeelers traded up to get their LB right before us on the draft at #1, its not like its some magical thing everyone else can do but us.
Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 09:47 PM)Luvnit2 Wrote: If round 1 pick is Chase or Pitts, more likely they trade back into round one for a RT, there will be a bunch in the 28 to 32 area.

That is not Duke Tobin's MO. Now trading back in the 2nd is his style and they have liked Ohio State Linemen recently (3 on the roster atm). 

It's possible 5 QBs could go top 10 or at least top 25 after that the class drops off a cliff. Davis Mills out of Standford could be a trade target in the second round for teams like the Bears, Broncos, Steelers, Redskins (I refuse to say WFT until they come up with a new name.)
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
Wanted to say Malik Wright might be right about Ja'Marr Chase sitting at the top of their board but if Justin Fields is sitting there a 5 a few different teams might want to mortgage their future to move up to get him.
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
(04-14-2021, 10:11 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Agree with you both as well. Not liking the openness about this. We are all but saying we are taking Chase regardless even if 
Sewell and Pitts are there. Not sure if I like this approach as our media and FO have never been the most cleverish bunch.

Love Chase but don't play your hand so early. All 3 would be great picks but Sewell is most definitely of the biggest need at the
position of greatest weakness.

But one thing as Nicomo said is we take OL early a lot more than people think. The problem has been the picks, not the position
that was targeted.

I don't like it, but most every team has leaks by this point.  The Falcons are supposedly looking at Pitts.  Miami supposedly likes Waddle over Smith.  

Not saying it is or isn't a smokescreen, but if the Bengals were trying to throw teams off, Chase would be the obvious guy to do it with given the Burrow connection.

However, it's looking like Chase.  They need a starting WR and were unwilling to make a multi year offer for Golladay, then never really sniffed around any other WR's.  That's the smoking gun.  The Eagles also supposedly traded back from 6 because they were targeting Chase and knew we were going to take him.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:18 AM)Synric Wrote: Wanted to say Malik Wright might be right about Ja'Marr Chase sitting at the top of their board but if Justin Fields is sitting there a 5 a few different teams might want to mortgage their future to move up to get him.

The work ethic questions about Fields will probably scare a lot of teams off, especially after Haskins busted supposedly due to bad work ethic.  I think he's a guy some teams might gamble on if he falls to them, but it's tough to see anybody giving up the farm to come up and get him.
Reply/Quote
If Sewell and Chase are both available at #5, I'm fully expecting Chase to be the pick. I'd prefer Sewell, but I won't be upset with Chase at all.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Dane Brugler agrees with Dan Hoard and Jay Morrison that it should be Sewell but says word around the league is everyone believes it will be Chase.

I am cool with Chase and if you need to trade back up in the 1st to get the tackle if you think your starter is there. I tend to believe a starting RT will be there in the 2nd and a guard in the 3rd.

I also believe there will be more free agent signings after the draft and teams cut players.
Reply/Quote