Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik Wright says its Chase
(04-14-2021, 08:45 PM)J24 Wrote: Every team leaks disinformation during this time!

Except the Bengals.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't like it, but most every team has leaks by this point.  The Falcons are supposedly looking at Pitts.  Miami supposedly likes Waddle over Smith.  

Not saying it is or isn't a smokescreen, but if the Bengals were trying to throw teams off, Chase would be the obvious guy to do it with given the Burrow connection.

However, it's looking like Chase.  They need a starting WR and were unwilling to make a multi year offer for Golladay, then never really sniffed around any other WR's.  That's the smoking gun.  The Eagles also supposedly traded back from 6 because they were targeting Chase and knew we were going to take him.  

That is the smoking gun them not offering Golladay a multi year deal great point.

Also Pollack got a great look at Sewell and maybe was not as impressed as we thought and likes other OL in later rounds.

Gonna have to make me a Chase Mock now...
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 11:50 AM)ochocincos Wrote: Except the Bengals.

Remember when we drafted Tyler Eiffert without ever even talking to the guy or attending a pro day? Bengals really are a wildcard in the draft.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Remember when we drafted Tyler Eiffert without ever even talking to the guy or attending a pro day? Bengals really are a wildcard in the draft.

The ones that were surprising were Eifert and Williams, but from what I recall hearing, the Bengals didn't expect them to fall to them, so that's why there was never talk about them.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:33 PM)ochocincos Wrote: The ones that were surprising were Eifert and Williams, but from what I recall hearing, the Bengals didn't expect them to fall to them, so that's why there was never talk about them.

We didn't see Sample coming...lol
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:34 PM)Au165 Wrote: We didn't see Sample coming...lol

Lol touché, but I think most would agree Sample should not have happened, at least at that pick.
I should specify I think the only possible pick they telegraph is their first round pick.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 03:36 PM)Au165 Wrote: Remember when we drafted Tyler Eiffert without ever even talking to the guy or attending a pro day? Bengals really are a wildcard in the draft.

I remember Lap saying we might take Eifert before that Draft...
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:41 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I remember Lap saying we might take Eifert before that Draft...

Yea, but we never even called the guy or talked to him which is pretty insane for a 1st round pick. 
Reply/Quote
Chase needs to fail a drug test... like today... or get the Jerome Simpson like shipment of weed to his house.

This train needs an immediate derailment.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Chase needs to fail a drug test... like today... or get the Jerome Simpson like shipment of weed to his house.

Murdock... what did you do? Nervous

Fueled by satanism, violence, and sodomy, dinosaurs had little chance to survive as a species.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 05:03 PM)Burma Wrote: Murdock... what did you do? Nervous

Watched my dealer get busted back in 2011  Ninja Ninja Ninja Ninja

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 04:49 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: Chase needs to fail a drug test... like today... or get the Jerome Simpson like shipment of weed to his house.

If that happens, it just makes room for... #TEAMPITTS!!!!  Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 05:13 PM)ochocincos Wrote: If that happens, it just makes room for... #TEAMPITTS!!!!  Who Dey Who Dey Who Dey

If Pitts makes it past 4, he needs to be drafted.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 05:15 PM)Murdock2420 Wrote: If Pitts makes it past 4, he needs to be drafted.

Being semi-serious here, I'd really love for two of Pitts, Sewell, and Chase to be drafted ahead of Bengals so the pick is made for them lol.
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Being semi-serious here, I'd really love for two of Pitts, Sewell, and Chase to be drafted ahead of Bengals so the pick is made for them lol.

I'd really love any 2 of Sewell, Chase, and Pitts to La'el Collins themselves on the eve of the draft so the Bengals get all three.
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 05:22 PM)ochocincos Wrote: Being semi-serious here, I'd really love for two of Pitts, Sewell, and Chase to be drafted ahead of Bengals so the pick is made for them lol.

I'm with you there...

It was much nicer when the Dolphins were in the Top 5 still as they were certainly taking Chase or Sewell. Atlanta has to be looking at Pitts at 4. 

Of course... our luck, had the Dolphins stayed they'd have taken Waddle or Smith to pair up with Tua and we'd still have to make a choice.

Maybe we get really lucky and someone offers us a ton of picks for #5 to come take the last of the top QBs, then this entire debate was for nothing.

Or... as I said, Chase to do something that cause his draft stock to fall like Mixon's did so we take him in two after getting Sewell.

Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 12:45 AM)Whatever Wrote: I don't like it, but most every team has leaks by this point.  The Falcons are supposedly looking at Pitts.  Miami supposedly likes Waddle over Smith.  

Not saying it is or isn't a smokescreen, but if the Bengals were trying to throw teams off, Chase would be the obvious guy to do it with given the Burrow connection.

However, it's looking like Chase.  They need a starting WR and were unwilling to make a multi year offer for Golladay, then never really sniffed around any other WR's.  That's the smoking gun.  The Eagles also supposedly traded back from 6 because they were targeting Chase and knew we were going to take him.  

That's one way to look at it.  I personally think that they don't view a big time WR as a huge need, hence the reason they passed.

But, it's the Bengals.  They generally don't want to pay top dollar for anything on the free agent market, so that's probably the main reason.  
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's one way to look at it.  I personally think that they don't view a big time WR as a huge need, hence the reason they passed.

But, it's the Bengals. They generally don't want to pay top dollar for anything on the free agent market, so that's probably the main reason.  

Except that’s not really true anymore. We just went out and spent top dollar (some would say overpaid) for a CB and a NT last offseason. It’s probably more about term and guaranteed money.

Reply/Quote

Actually Lap mentioned that they were high on him and could draft him. I remember laughing it off and then we drafted Eifert.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
(04-15-2021, 08:23 PM)Hammerstripes Wrote: That's one way to look at it.  I personally think that they don't view a big time WR as a huge need, hence the reason they passed.

But, it's the Bengals.  They generally don't want to pay top dollar for anything on the free agent market, so that's probably the main reason.  

Or they new it was a loaded WR class.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote