Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Malik done
just read on Bleacher report that the Malik experiment is finally done.....
what another wasted high draft pick...lets hope we can grab something decent off waiver wire.
LB crew looks very weak to me....
Reply/Quote
This is addition by subtraction as far as I'm concerned.
Reply/Quote
Good cut - just like Core. I wonder who played their way onto the team in this case?

Now if they cut Nickerson it will be even better.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 01:09 PM)kalibengal Wrote: LB crew looks very weak to me....

Ummm, it has been weak for how many years now?
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
I was all for giving him another year to get it after last year, but dude looked bad all preseason.
Reply/Quote
Didn't even show up for the last preseason game when he was supposed to be fighting for a spot...

Good riddance and I backed the pick for a couple years. Never had the mental aspect.
Reply/Quote
He hasn't shown anything that says he can be a decent NFL linebacker. 

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
Good riddance.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
This needed to be done, if no one signs him he should be eligible for the practice squad
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:51 PM)corpjet Wrote: This needed to be done, if no one signs him he should be eligible for the practice squad

No point even putting him on the PS as he clearly cant play
Fredtoast + Ignore = Forum bliss

Reply/Quote
This drafting linebackers strategy has really been paying off for Tobin and the Bengals no need to sign any outside free agents.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 02:57 PM)I_C_DeadPeople Wrote: No point even putting him on the PS as he clearly cant play

Correct.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
In Marvin's time as a head coach, he drafted 16 linebackers (not including Ahmad Brooks who basically didn't play for us, but for the 49ers).

Between those 16 players, there was a total of 562 games played, 2051 tackles, 24.5 sacks, 69 Pass Defenses, 17 interceptions and 24 forced fumbles.

Since Maualuga was drafted in 2009, there have been 8 linebackers drafted. 178 GP, 376 tackles, 7 sacks, 18 PD, 2 INT, 3 FF.

Among those 8, 6 have been 3rd or 4th round picks. 5 of those 6 have fewer than 20 career tackles.
Roddrick Muckelroy, Dontay Moch, Sean Porter, Paul Dawson, Malik Jefferson.

The only even remotely successful picks have been Nick Vigil and Jordan Evans, who are good enough to make the roster but not exactly be...good players.

Early on, he had a few good picks that just had unfortunate results, David Pollack, Odell Thurman and Keith Rivers. And 2 picks most people would call "quality selections" in Landon Johnson and Rey Maualuga. It was all downhill from there though.

Suffice it to say, Marvin Lewis could not draft and develop a linebacker to save his ***** life. Hopefully, this coaching staff is different. They have their first chance with Germaine Pratt.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:17 PM)Crazyjdawg Wrote: In Marvin's time as a head coach, he drafted 16 linebackers (not including Ahmad Brooks who basically didn't play for us, but for the 49ers).

Between those 16 players, there was a total of 562 games played, 2051 tackles, 24.5 sacks, 69 Pass Defenses, 17 interceptions and 24 forced fumbles.

Since Maualuga was drafted in 2009, there have been 8 linebackers drafted. 178 GP, 376 tackles, 7 sacks, 18 PD, 2 INT, 3 FF.

Among those 8, 6 have been 3rd or 4th round picks. 5 of those 6 have fewer than 20 career tackles.
Roddrick Muckelroy, Dontay Moch, Sean Porter, Paul Dawson, Malik Jefferson.

The only even remotely successful picks have been Nick Vigil and Jordan Evans, who are good enough to make the roster but not exactly be...good players.

Early on, he had a few good picks that just had unfortunate results, David Pollack, Odell Thurman and Keith Rivers. And 2 picks most people would call "quality selections" in Landon Johnson and Rey Maualuga. It was all downhill from there though.

Suffice it to say, Marvin Lewis could not draft and develop a linebacker to save his ***** life. Hopefully, this coaching staff is different. They have their first chance with Germaine Pratt.
So Vontaz wasn't good? Anyways why are you blaming Marvin when Duke has had  control over the draft for years? Also I would say Vigil is better than most think but that's another discussion.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Mike Brown knows what happens in the draft room. Maybe its time to move on from Tobin? Or at the very least if he is indeed responsible for our drafts exclude him from LB and possibly OL (first rounder on bench, other on IR, other not on team) prospect discussions. Apparently he may not know jack shit about them.

Guess what our big weaknesses were going into the offseason? Guess what they are now? Guess what the GMs job is?

I hope he picks head coaches better than he does LBs. Because he led our head coach search.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 04:27 PM)Jakeypoo Wrote: So Vontaz wasn't good? Anyways why are you blaming Marvin when Duke has had  control over the draft for years? Also I would say Vigil is better than most think but that's another discussion.

Technically, Vontaze wasn't drafted. 

He was more of a 'take a chance' guy. 

Reply/Quote
I had a lot of hope for Jefferson at one point, but he just wasn't cut out for the NFL variety. Maybe he can change his name, grow a new beard and go back to college, but I kinda doubt that's gonna happen. 
Oh well..Not the first and not the last college star that doesn't cut it in the NFL.
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Some of you were all like 'Malik will be good this year and make our LB's better'. Then we drafted Pratt and he became your hope.
Reply/Quote
(08-31-2019, 08:54 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: Technically, Vontaze wasn't drafted. 

He was more of a 'take a chance' guy. 

Did he develop yes or no?
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Watch Malik end up on the PS.
Reply/Quote