Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man arrested, accused of threatening to kill CNN employees
So this happened:

http://thehill.com/media/370207-man-arrested-after-threatening-to-kill-cnn-employees

Quote:A Michigan man was arrested after allegedly threatening to shoot and kill CNN employees, WGCL-TV reported Monday.
The FBI launched an investigation after the man, who is unnamed in the CBS report, reportedly called CNN 22 times about a week ago.

"Fake news. I'm coming to gun you all down,” the man told a CNN operator, according to court documents obtained by WGCL-TV.

He allegedly later called CNN again, saying, "I'm smarter than you. More powerful than you. I have more guns than you.
More manpower. Your cast is about to get gunned down in a matter of hours."

"I am coming to Georgia right now to go to the CNN headquarters to f---ing gun every single last one of you,” he said.

The FBI were able to trace the call and arrested the man over the threats.

President Trump
 has repeatedly attacked the media, including CNN, calling coverage of himself and his administration “fake news.” The network was among the winners of Trump’s “Fake News Awards” last week.

Trump also retweeted an edited GIF of him tackling a man with the CNN logo superimposed on his head, as well as an image of him with what appeared to be the CNN logo in a splatter of blood on the bottom of his shoe.

Journalists have criticized Trump’s attacks on the media, warning that his lashing out against the press could lead to actual acts of violence against reporters.

Let's see what the POTUS has to say...the very same day:

Good job Don.   Mellow
[Image: giphy.gif]
Your anger and ego will always reveal your true self.
When the President labels the media an "enemy of the people", you're going to have part of his crazy base respond in crazy fashion.
[Image: ulVdgX6.jpg]

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Sorry kids, I'm in the "adults are responsible for their own actions" camp.  You both sound like this;

[Image: obama.gif]
(01-24-2018, 12:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sorry kids, I'm in the "adults are responsible for their own actions" camp.  You both sound like this;

[Image: obama.gif]

Just channeling the President here when he put out an ad this weekend saying the blood of any crime from an immigrant is on Democrats' hands. 

Also, suggesting the words of public figures or those in a position of authority don't matter is ridiculous. We know they do.

Everyone makes their own decisions. They have no one to blame but themselves for whatever repercussions come along with those choices.
(01-24-2018, 12:14 PM)BmorePat87 Wrote: Just channeling the President here when he put out an ad this weekend saying the blood of any crime from an immigrant is on Democrats' hands.

Do you believe it when Trump says it?  if not then your words in this thread come across as slightly hypocritical. 

Quote:Also, suggesting the words of public figures or those in a position of authority don't matter is ridiculous. We know they do.

No one said they didn't matter.  What was said is that blaming him for the actions of a mentally disturbed individual is inane.  When that nut killed Tiller I did lay some, small, blame at the feet of Bill O'Reilly for labeling Tiller as a killer of children and frequently lambasting Tiller on his show.  There's an enormous difference between labeling someone a baby killer and labeling an organization as "fake news".  If you want to kill someone because they put out fake news then you're the problem, not the person labeling CNN.
(01-24-2018, 12:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Everyone makes their own decisions.   They have no one to blame but themselves for whatever repercussions come along with those choices.

funny.  tell us all about how your context feels.
If it wasn't CNN it would have been the next person he interacted with. Dudes marbles are all jumbled up.

There was a guy who didn't get some rewards points or some dumb shit on an app and started sending pics of guns and calling up threatening them from across the country. FBI showed up on his door too... Marbles everywhere I presume.
Oh, I'm not blaming Trump.  He was just fuel to already deranged fire probably.  

This is the kind of guy that would have, as others have said, found a different target at some point.  Fueled by a different reason.

I'm commenting on the the POTUS not only not condemning (or even commenting) on such an event but actually continuing to post about "fake news" the same day as the incident.

Maybe FOX and Friends didn't cover the story that morning?
(01-24-2018, 12:00 PM)GMDino Wrote: Good job Don.   Mellow

(01-24-2018, 01:01 PM)GMDino Wrote: Oh, I'm not blaming Trump.  

(01-24-2018, 12:29 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Do you believe it when Trump says it?  if not then your words in this thread come across as slightly hypocritical. 

No one said they didn't matter.  What was said is that blaming him for the actions of a mentally disturbed individual is inane.  When that nut killed Tiller I did lay some, small, blame at the feet of Bill O'Reilly for labeling Tiller as a killer of children and frequently lambasting Tiller on his show.  There's an enormous difference between labeling someone a baby killer and labeling an organization as "fake news".  If you want to kill someone because they put out fake news then you're the problem, not the person labeling CNN.

I specifically referenced the President labeling them an "enemy of the people". I think that's dangerous and I think it has consequences. As does a sitting Republican Senator, so much that they said so on the floor of the Senate a few days ago. Not that Flake necessarily would suggest it could lead to this as I am, but it has consequences. 

(01-24-2018, 01:06 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: [Image: giphy.gif]

Sorry if you thought you knew what I meant.  I clarified in the post above this response.

Sidenote:  Some people will label a person if they respond in memes.  Just giving a heads up.  Smirk
(01-24-2018, 01:13 PM)GMDino Wrote: Sorry if you thought you knew what I meant.  I clarified in the post above this response.

Sidenote:  Some people will label a person if they respond in memes.  Just giving a heads up.  Smirk

[Image: c4a5b44f47313621b9c6e35b12d23c8899bd8924...2db337.jpg]
(01-24-2018, 12:13 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Sorry kids, I'm in the "adults are responsible for their own actions" camp.

So if someone yells "Fire!" in a theater when there is no fire he is not responsible for any trouble that might cause?

Sorry, but I am in the "Adults are responsible for the trouble their words may cause" camp.
(01-24-2018, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if someone yells "Fire!" in a theater when there is no fire he is not responsible for any trouble that might cause?

Sorry, but I am in the "Adults are responsible for the trouble their words may cause" camp.

You can't think that's comparable.  If someone shoots someone on the way out, then no the guy who yelled fire isn't responsible.
“History teaches that grave threats to liberty often come in times of urgency, when constitutional rights seem too extravagant to endure.”-Thurgood Marshall

(01-24-2018, 12:42 PM)Vas Deferens Wrote: funny.  tell us all about how your context feels.

I wouldn’t mistype a j instead of an h in “those jobs”
(01-24-2018, 12:26 PM)StLucieBengal Wrote: Everyone makes their own decisions.   They have no one to blame but themselves for whatever repercussions come along with those choices.

Exactly.  If you're stupid enough to take the words of Donald Trump seriously then you only have yourself to blame.
(01-24-2018, 02:31 PM)fredtoast Wrote: So if someone yells "Fire!" in a theater when there is no fire he is not responsible for any trouble that might cause?

What a hilariously insipid comparison.  Also, another excellent example of how someone who professes to be a lawyer clearly doesn't understand the law.  Sad.
Shockingly enough, the far left, those exemplars of group identity over personal responsibility, agree with OP.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/24/cnn-trump-brandon-griesemer
(01-24-2018, 08:41 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Shockingly enough, the far left, those exemplars of group identity over personal responsibility, agree with OP.

https://www.theguardian.com/commentisfree/2018/jan/24/cnn-trump-brandon-griesemer

They agree that the POTUS is still tweeting about "fake news" and hasn't said anything about the event?

Cool!