Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man down. Core injured
Definitely sucks for Core. If Core is out for a significant period, they could stash him on IR and bring him back later in the season, if needed.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 06:11 PM)THE Bigzoman Wrote: That's what happens when you don't have an indoor practice facility.

**** you Mike.

Do you honestly believe that practicing in an indoor, air conditioned bubble would have prevented that injury from happening?  Do you think that if they were more comfortable, they would take it easy on one another, rather than tempering their bodies and spirits by enduring the heat?

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 07:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you honestly believe that practicing in an indoor, air conditioned bubble would have prevented that injury from happening?  Do you think that if they were more comfortable, they would take it easy on one another, rather than tempering their bodies and spirits by enduring the heat?

Have to agree.  Early indicaions are a bruised ankle after accidentally being stepped on.  A bubble makes no difference on something like that.  He should be good for TC.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 06:28 PM)pally Wrote: according to Jim O ...no ligament damage.  If its a break he's back for the middle of training camp.  

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/06/14/cincinnatibengalswidereceivercodycoreinjuresleftleginminicamp/397696001/

Well that is huge, if true. Hopefully that is the case. Sounded like it was as bad as Bridgewater's injury with the initial reports. No ligament damage is great news if true
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 07:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you honestly believe that practicing in an indoor, air conditioned bubble would have prevented that injury from happening?  Do you think that if they were more comfortable, they would take it easy on one another, rather than tempering their bodies and spirits by enduring the heat?

I can only hope he was being facetious...
Reply/Quote

Of course.  It is a scientific fact that no injuries can happen indoors!
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 06:23 PM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: actually, possibly life threatening

Lolol
Reply/Quote
Latest internet news from last hour only says leg injury, x rays to be done.....Therefore if the doctors don't know yet, then nobody on here knows yet.....all this guessing how long he will be out is just that, Guessing......Doctors are just now looking at the injury that just happened. ....Way too early to say anything other than he had an injury.....and many of you have often reminded me that injuries are a part of football. ......I doubt we will hear anything about the extent of the injury today......As one Fan said, it is June so lets not rule out his season just yet. The cart means nothing. I've seen players leave games on the riding cart and come back in the game. You can't tell the injury by looking at the cart, unless the player isn't moving at all, and that is never good. ......So good luck to him.....and GO BENGALS.....

I didn't even know they were in practices. This explains posts by some raving about a rookie looking good, and I wondered what fans were basing this on....Now I know they have been in practice.
1968 Bengal Fan
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 07:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Of course.  It is a scientific fact that no injuries can happen indoors!

That's almost as true as the medical fact that practicing in the snow all week makes your team tough and ready for battle and keeps wimpy entitled players from joining your team.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 08:55 PM)Nately120 Wrote: That's almost as true as the medical fact that practicing in the snow all week makes your team tough and ready for battle and keeps wimpy entitled players from joining your team.

Yeah, like Cincinnati is actually in the "snow belt"...   Hilarious

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, like Cincinnati is actually in the "snow belt"...   Hilarious

It's practically the tropics!
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 07:52 PM)jfkbengals Wrote: Of course.  It is a scientific fact that no injuries can happen indoors!

Yup just ask Ki-Jana Carter....wait...  Ninja 

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote

Funny thing about the whole "Indoor Facility" is if they ever get one then fans will say it's making them soft.

I'm sure from a player point of view even more from a FA deciding to play here or not point of view a nice indoor facility would be inviting. As for me, I would much rather have the team practice in what they play in. This division has some shitty weather and fields, I just don't see how preparing in those same elements hurts. If anything I think it gives us an edge. Im sure many will disagree but I've seen us play pretty darn good in bad weather games while the other team just looks bad. NE a few years back would be a good example.
Reply/Quote
"Wide receiver Cody Core, perhaps the Bengals’ most improved player in the spring camps, went down late in Wednesday’s practice with what appeared to be a bruised ankle. The Bengals didn't comment on the injury, but indications late Wednesday afternoon were he'll be ready for training camp.

It sure looked a lot worse than that.

As Core rolled around on the Paul Brown Stadium turf hugging his left knee to his chest in severe pain, head coach Marvin Lewis cut short the middle practice of the three-day mandatory camp. It was unclear if it was because of Core’s injury or the thunder rolling through the stadium, but he was carted to the X-Ray room.

Core emerged a few minutes later straight-legged but left foot not touching the ground with trainers Keith Justice and Dan Willen on either side of him.

After wide receiver Alex Erickson caught a check-down pass over the middle, Core simulated blocking against two defenders before crumbling and grabbing his leg. Late indications were his foot got stepped on."
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 11:54 PM)EatonFan Wrote: "Wide receiver Cody Core, perhaps the Bengals’ most improved player in the spring camps, went down late in Wednesday’s practice with what appeared to be a bruised ankle. The Bengals didn't comment on the injury, but indications late Wednesday afternoon were he'll be ready for training camp.

It sure looked a lot worse than that.

As Core rolled around on the Paul Brown Stadium turf hugging his left knee to his chest in severe pain, head coach Marvin Lewis cut short the middle practice of the three-day mandatory camp. It was unclear if it was because of Core’s injury or the thunder rolling through the stadium, but he was carted to the X-Ray room.

Core emerged a few minutes later straight-legged but left foot not touching the ground with trainers Keith Justice and Dan Willen on either side of him.

After wide receiver Alex Erickson caught a check-down pass over the middle, Core simulated blocking against two defenders before crumbling and grabbing his leg. Late indications were his foot got stepped on."

Core must've gone to the Big Ben school of acting, from the sound of it.
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2017, 12:07 AM)Whatever Wrote: Core must've gone to the Big Ben school of acting, from the sound of it.

That was cold...

yet funny...

and 100% truth.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(06-15-2017, 12:07 AM)Whatever Wrote: Core must've gone to the Big Ben school of acting, from the sound of it.

Ha! Nice one.  LMAO

But I'm glad there's continuing reports that's it's not too serious. I hope it's not a deep bone bruise. I had one on my left shin when I was 18 and it was by far the worst pain I ever felt. I was able to walk to the locker room and keep my composure but it took every ounce of strength I had to not scream my head off. I couldn't imagine how it would feel to get one an my ankle bone... I'd probably be rolling on the ground just like Core.
Reply/Quote
Injuries are gonna happen, but practicing outdoors during a rainy day is not going to help lessen any chances of injury. It looks like Core is going to be ok, but i wouldnt expect to see him back until Training Camp.
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
We didn't have an indoor anything when I was a kid.  We had to walk to school uphill both ways in 10 feet of snow one day and 140 degrees the very next day barefoot on broken glass being chased by vicious dogs and grizzly bears and carrying our brothers and sisters on our backs to play football.. 

Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating just a tiny little bit. Dayton Ohio in the 1960s didn't have too many grizzly bears, but it was always outside in whatever weather came our way and we weren't paid millions of dollars to do it.. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
The benefit of indoor facilities are in the winter. I doubt that any teams practice in them during camp.
Reply/Quote