Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man down. Core injured
News today....after x-rays, no ligament damage, only a bad bruise.

Should be good to go for TC.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 06:28 PM)pally Wrote: according to Jim O ...no ligament damage.  If its a break he's back for the middle of training camp.  

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/06/14/cincinnatibengalswidereceivercodycoreinjuresleftleginminicamp/397696001/

Thank God.  I really was hoping he would get off to a quick start, easing the pressure off Ross.  It sounds like he should be available for game 1.  Whew!!!

If the draft is my favorite time of the year, this is my least favorite.  I hold my breath every time I open a text, or click a story link....please, no injuries. 
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2017, 12:07 AM)Whatever Wrote: Core must've gone to the Big Ben school of acting, from the sound of it.

No, because if he did, he would have told reporters his leg was actually ripped from his body and re-attached by trainers.  Then, he had a 109 degree fever from an infection, but took some tylenol and it dropped to normal when he saw the trainer.  Lastly, he would have gone to the media about how he is such a warrior that he would be able to play if it were a real game, but it is just practice.  
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2017, 03:47 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: No, because if he did, he would have told reporters his leg was actually ripped from his body and re-attached by trainers.  Then, he had a 109 degree fever from an infection, but took some tylenol and it dropped to normal when he saw the trainer.  Lastly, he would have gone to the media about how he is such a warrior that he would be able to play if it were a real game, but it is just practice.  

You forgot shot 8 times with a .44 Magnum by the father of a girl who lied about him raping her.

But, being fair, Core is only in year 2.  Ben has years of experience on him.
Reply/Quote
I wish we could feel comforted by "only a bad bruise". That may mean they should be doing surgery now instead of September when they realize it won't heal on it's own and his season is really lost.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2017, 03:43 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Thank God.  I really was hoping he would get off to a quick start, easing the pressure off Ross.  It sounds like he should be available for game 1.  Whew!!!

If the draft is my favorite time of the year, this is my least favorite.  I hold my breath every time I open a text, or click a story link....please, no injuries. 

I was so bummed when I heard he was injured.  

I hope this doesn't dampen his bid to be a significant contributer to the offense.   He's a big, fast, strong receiver who blocks (per Urban) "Like it's supposed to be done".   I thought he was really showing his last couple of games and is the guy who will eventually replace LaFell.

Sucks that he was injured while attempting a block.

Hopefully he's back to where he was pre-injury.  He's one of my favorite dark horses to break out in a major way.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 06:28 PM)pally Wrote: according to Jim O ...no ligament damage.  If its a break he's back for the middle of training camp.  

http://www.cincinnati.com/story/sports/nfl/bengals/2017/06/14/cincinnatibengalswidereceivercodycoreinjuresleftleginminicamp/397696001/

Thanks man, hate when people start speculating with this stuff, scares the hell out of me.

I am a big Core supporter, i think he could be great if he works on his routes and going up for the ball.

His size, speed and physicality are very rare. Just happy this was not career ending.
Reply/Quote
Bone bruise.

Lololol
Reply/Quote
The dude acted like his life was over, I don't trust Bengals medical staff whatsoever.
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 08:00 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: The dude acted like his life was over, I don't trust Bengals medical staff whatsoever.

I've had ankle sprains, where it got rolled so hard that I could have sworn that I broke something.  I'm really glad that it turned out to be just a scare, but we've also seen too many instances where injuries are reported to be minor and turn out to be more serious.

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 09:21 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: I've had ankle sprains, where it got rolled so hard that I could have sworn that I broke something.  I'm really glad that it turned out to be just a scare, but we've also seen too many instances where injuries are reported to be minor and turn out to be more serious.

I have broken nearly every rib in my rib cage and couldn't breathe, cracked my collarbone and had other injuries but by far the worst pain i have ever had was a knee sprain. You cannot walk on it, swells up into something alien, hurts for years. Didn't go to a doctor though so i might
of torn something. But damn, sprains hurt, sprained my ankle tons of times, kills man. Worse than breaking my ribs was honestly.

It only hurts when you breathe. Mellow
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 07:11 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Do you honestly believe that practicing in an indoor, air conditioned bubble would have prevented that injury from happening?  Do you think that if they were more comfortable, they would take it easy on one another, rather than tempering their bodies and spirits by enduring the heat?

Agree. Being stepped on can happen anywhere in any type of practice facility. It just seems Cincy has a penchant for getting practice injuries... Sad
Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 06:53 PM)Derrick Wrote: Agree. Being stepped on can happen anywhere in any type of practice facility. It just seems Cincy has a penchant for getting practice injuries... Sad

It's not just the Bengals, it's pretty much all teams that play pro football.  It just seems like more happens to the Bengals, because we hang on every little thing the team does.  But, then again, I've read stuff that shows a correlation between higher injury rates, and the reduction of contact practices before the season..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(06-15-2017, 12:07 AM)Whatever Wrote: Core must've gone to the Big Ben school of acting, from the sound of it.

More like "The Jerome Simpson School of Fake Pain and Flopping".

Reply/Quote
Not surprised at all. Saddened, because I hate to see anyone get hurt. I don't see how, with the technology and diets today, these guys are getting hurt in OTAs across the league.
Reply/Quote
(06-14-2017, 09:01 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yeah, like Cincinnati is actually in the "snow belt"...   Hilarious

On average, Cincinnati has 32 days where the temperature is 20 degrees or less, and there's 11.2 inches of snow on average during the football season. There's also 48 days of total precipitation during football season. I don't blame this particular injury on practicing outdoors, but Cincinnati isn't exactly San Diego. We could use a facility.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
Sorry to hear Core is injured. The Bengals will need to speed up Ross for development if Core is out for a while. I'm sure the preseason games will showcase a lot of Ross. Can't wait to see what he's got.
Who Dey!  Tiger
Reply/Quote
Cry
Sorry to hear this! Now it's time to separate the men from the boy's ! If I wanted to make this team and the opportunity like  this came along ,I'll be the first one on the field and the last one off!
Reply/Quote
A quick rundown what a bone bruise actually is vs the jargon tossed out to fans..
https://www.tsaog.com/connect-learn-interact/blog/2013/03/06/dr-marvin-brown-on-why-bone-bruise-is-a-misnomer/
If you go by the Hobson school of osteology you might think that it's roughly the same thing as a chipped fingernail..just slap some fingernail polish on it and you're good to go. 
On the other hand a bone bruise is pretty darn close to a bone fracture and can take months to heal properly. 
I have a hunch NFL players generally get to get treated by better doctors than most of the general public. I doubt he went to a doc in the box, Urgent Care in the back of a Kroger store.  Heck, for all we know that's exactly where they go..one step up from prison doctor..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(06-17-2017, 07:25 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: It's not just the Bengals, it's pretty much all teams that play pro football.  It just seems like more happens to the Bengals, because we hang on every little thing the team does.  But, then again, I've read stuff that shows a correlation between higher injury rates, and the reduction of contact practices before the season..

Very true Sunset, plus excluding last year we have been much better with injuries since we got the new medical staff.

I think some people still think we have the one that was around when Braham and the Antonio Byrant fiasco went on.
Reply/Quote