Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Man walks into Walmart with body armor and a bunch of guns....
https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-arrested-atlanta-grocery-5-guns-body-armor-police-say-n1262016

I'm glad that no one was hurt. I bet some people will be surprised that he wasn't shot on the spot since he's black.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-arrested-atlanta-grocery-5-guns-body-armor-police-say-n1262016

I'm glad that no one was hurt. I bet some people will be surprised that he wasn't shot on the spot since he's black.

Could use a little info like why the police were called.  Did he threaten someone?  I assume so given this:

Quote:Rico Marley was booked into the Fulton County Jail on 11 charges, including five counts of criminal attempt to commit a felony and six counts of possession of firearm or knife during commission of or attempt to commit certain felonies, records show.

But that's a poorly written article.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
So this story says someone called the police when they saw him and he was arrested after leaving the bathroom.

https://www.fox5atlanta.com/news/police-armed-man-in-body-armor-detained-at-atlantic-station-grocery-store

Quote:The man taken into custody Wednesday afternoon after police said he walked into a grocery store wearing body armor and armed with five guns has been charged. Police also said their investigation into a suspicious package at the same location just hours after his detainment has ended.

Rico Marley, 22, was booked into the Fulton County jail on charges of reckless conduct just hours after walking into the Publix Supermarket located inside Atlantic Station. Atlanta police said managers called 911 around 1:30 p.m. after a shopper spotted the man entering the store and going into the bathroom.

Police said officers were able to detain the man as soon as he exited the bathroom. He was armed with three handguns and two rifles, police said.
Reply/Quote
Here is the preliminary PD report.  I'm still confused about the charges unless he confessed to something they are not mentioning.

https://www.atlantapd.org/Home/Components/News/News/473/71

Quote:UDATED 3/25/2021 Armed Male Inside Publix Identified and Charged 3/24/21
Post Date:03/24/2021 3:40 PM

The incident report can be accessed here: Case _ 210831077 - Combined Reports_Redacted
 Update: March 25, 2021. The suspect in this case is currently in the Fulton County Jail charged with five counts of Criminal Attempt - Aggravated Assault and six counts of Possession of a Firearm During Commission of a Felony. At the time of his arrest the suspect had a total of six firearms in his possession. The incident report for this case is still in the normal review process and once approved will be released.

APD can confirm that the photo below is of the weapons the suspect was armed with at the time of his arrest. 
[Image: 637522533284069858]
Previously Released:
Preliminary Information: On 3/24/21, around 1:34 pm, Officers responded to 1380 Atlantic Dr. NW in reference to a person armed. (Publix Supermarket) Upon arrival, officers met with management who stated a male armed with a rifle entered the location. Responding officers immediately located and detained the male for questioning. During the investigation, officers recovered 5 firearms and body armor from the male's possession. (2 long guns and 3 pistols)

Preliminary investigation indicates the male entered the location openly carrying a rifle and entered the bathroom. A witness observed the male and alerted store management who then notified police. When the male exited the bathroom, arriving units immediately detained the male. Grady EMS is also on scene conducting a mental health evaluation on the male. The investigation continues at this time.

Please keep in mind the above information is preliminary in nature and can change as the investigation progresses and new information comes to light. 
Reply/Quote
Black man not shot on sight.  Suck it, libs!
Reply/Quote
Maybe he has very bad self awareness and just forgot to take his gear off. like a guy at Wendy's at lunch walks in with his safety glasses and hard hat on.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:53 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Maybe he has very bad self awareness and just forgot to take his gear off. like a guy at Wendy's at lunch walks in with his safety glasses and hard hat on.

Yep.  Happens every day
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:44 PM)Nately120 Wrote:
Black man not shot on sight.  Suck it, libs!

(03-25-2021, 03:53 PM)TheUberHuber Wrote: Maybe he has very bad self awareness and just forgot to take his gear off. like a guy at Wendy's at lunch walks in with his safety glasses and hard hat on.

(03-25-2021, 07:22 PM)Stewy Wrote: Yep.  Happens every day

Honestly I'm still trying to figure this out.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 03:04 PM)Brownshoe Wrote: https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/man-arrested-atlanta-grocery-5-guns-body-armor-police-say-n1262016

As absurd as it sounds, I think a lot of it has to do with being armed.

Maybe it's just the stories making the news, but it sounds like the best way to survive a police encounter is to strap a rocket launcher across your back. 
Reply/Quote
Who called the cops on him? Someone who hates the 2A I assume.
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 10:45 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Who called the cops on him? Someone who hates the 2A I assume.

It's hard to say... 7 years ago John Crawford was shot dead inside my (the one I go to when I absolutely have to) Walmart. He was standing in an aisle holding the BB gun he was gonna purchase and talking on his phone. A Karen who either hates the 2nd amendment or black folks (we'll never know), called the police and claimed he was waiving a rifle at people. The same police had just completed active shooter training, and put him down quick.

I don't know if he had body armor on like this guy.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(03-25-2021, 11:15 PM)jason Wrote: It's hard to say... 7 years ago John Crawford was shot dead inside my (the one I go to when I absolutely have to) Walmart. He was standing in an aisle holding the BB gun he was gonna purchase and talking on his phone. A Karen who either hates the 2nd amendment or black folks (we'll never know), called the police and claimed he was waiving a rifle at people. The same police had just completed active shooter training, and put him down quick.

I don't know if he had body armor on like this guy.

That's why I said there's some bad reporting, although the PD report doesn't shed much light on it either.  

Guy walks in armed to the teeth, someone calls the cops, they arrest him within minutes and he's facing a laundry list of charges.

Strange.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 08:47 AM)GMDino Wrote: That's why I said there's some bad reporting, although the PD report doesn't shed much light on it either.  

Guy walks in armed to the teeth, someone calls the cops, they arrest him within minutes and he's facing a laundry list of charges.

Strange.

Makes perfect sense to me.  I assume he was planning a mass shooting but police arrested him first.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 11:06 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Makes perfect sense to me.  I assume he was planning a mass shooting but police arrested him first.

Curious why you make that assumption.  He walked in and went to the bathroom and was arrested.
Reply/Quote
Not knowing the circumstances of the arrest makes this pointless to speculate on. Also, is anyone on here up to date on GA's open carry laws? Here are some things to consider open carry wise. Is there a limit to the number of gun and type you can open carry in GA? Is a plate carrier a no no when coupled with open carry? Does anyone know the answer to either question? Other possible reasons for arrest could be that Walmart has a no open carry policy in its stores, which they are within their right to do. Lastly, was this guy brandishing any of his firearms? Even in a very pro open carry state there are limits to how the gun can be carried. With the large number of firearms this man was carrying, especially the two long guns, it is very possible he was carrying one, likely a long gun, in a position that equated to brandishing.
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 12:12 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: Not knowing the circumstances of the arrest makes this pointless to speculate on.  Also, is anyone on here up to date on GA's open carry laws?  Here are some things to consider open carry wise.  Is there a limit to the number of gun and type you can open carry in GA?  Is a plate carrier a no no when coupled with open carry?  Does anyone know the answer to either question?  Other possible reasons for arrest could be that Walmart has a no open carry policy in its stores, which they are within their right to do.  Lastly, was this guy brandishing any of his firearms?  Even in a very pro open carry state there are limits to how the gun can be carried.  With the large number of firearms this man was carrying, especially the two long guns, it is very possible he was carrying one, likely a long gun, in a position that equated to brandishing.

He was charged with five counts of criminal attempt to commit a felony and six counts of possession of a firearm during the commission of or attempt to commit certain felonies. It is really weird that by that idea you'd think simply having the guns wasn't the crime. Not sure what the deal is here but it is odd for sure. 
Reply/Quote
(03-26-2021, 11:59 AM)GMDino Wrote: Curious why you make that assumption.  He walked in and went to the bathroom and was arrested.

Gee, I don't know, maybe something to do with all the weapons and body armor?

Why do YOU think he had all of that with him?
Reply/Quote