Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manziel Hiring Rosenhaus- Is He Stupid?
Manuel's previous agent cut ties with Manziel, so Manziel signed with Rosenhaus, which, to me, was one of the stupidest things he could do because he's already going to have enough trouble finding a team and having the biggest asshole in the game representing him won't help matters. Rosenhaus won't be able to bully teams, drive prices high, or do things like pin teams against each other in bidding wars because no team wants Manziel, and certainly not bad enough to put up with all of Drew's shit:

Quote:A week after becoming a free agent, and about a month and a half after losing his agent, Johnny Manziel appears likely to hire Drew Rosenhaus for representation, says Jason La Canfora of CBSSports.com (Twitter links). According to La Canfora, the situation remains “fluid,” but several of his sources say that Rosenhaus is very well-positioned to take over as Manziel’s agent.Johnny Manziel

Manziel’s previous agent, Erik Burkhardt, publicly cut ties with the troubled quarterback in early February in the wake of the latest off-field incident involving Manziel.

“Though I will remain a friend and Johnny supporter, and he knows I have worked tirelessly to arrange a number of professional options for him to continue to pursue, it has become painfully obvious that his future rests solely in his own hands,” Burkhardt said last month in a statement. “His family and I have gone to great lengths to outline the steps we feel he must take to get his life in order. Accountability is the foundation of any relationship, and without it, the function of my work is counterproductive.”

Although Rosenhaus appears poised to take over Manziel’s business interests, the super-agent won’t have an easy time finding the former first-round pick a new NFL home. La Canfora notes (via Twitter) that multiple teams have suggested they have no interest in considering Manziel until (or unless) he commits to major life changes, including making real progress toward getting sober.

The ex-Brown spent some time in rehab a year ago, but was spotted in nightclubs and bars several times during and after the 2015 season, and has repeatedly made headlines for off-field incidents, including a domestic altercation with his ex-girlfriend. A Dallas grand jury is currently deliberating over whether Manziel will face charges.

While it was Manziel’s off-field behavior that cost him his roster spot in Cleveland, he didn’t fare all that well on the field when he saw action during his first two seasons. The 23-year-old made eight starts and played in 15 total games for Cleveland, completing 57% of his passes (147 of 258) for 1,675 yards, seven touchdowns, and seven interceptions. His overall passer rating was 74.4.

To me, that looks like Manziel still wanted to be Hollywood and figured that hiring Rosenhaus would be the best way to keep his name in the spotlight, both by Rosenhaus' antics and just because of the buzz it will create.

Manziel's a joke and I wonder how long before he's just one of Drake's roadies.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 03:42 AM)BFritz21 Wrote: Manuel's previous agent cut ties with Manziel, so Manziel signed with Rosenhaus, which, to me, was one of the stupidest things he could do because he's already going to have enough trouble finding a team and having the biggest asshole in the game representing him won't help matters.  Rosenhaus won't be able to bully teams, drive prices high, or do things like pin teams against each other in bidding wars because no team wants Manziel, and certainly not bad enough to put up with all of Drew's shit:

To me, that looks like Manziel still wanted to be Hollywood and figured that hiring Rosenhaus would be the best way to keep his name in the spotlight, both by Rosenhaus' antics and just because of the buzz it will create.

Manziel's a joke and I wonder how long before he's just one of Drake's roadies.

You're probably right, but this is the NFL...someone will want the publicity and pick him up.

Tebow got multiple chances and he could barely throw the football in the direction of a WR.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Warning: Reading signatures may hurt your feelings.
Reply/Quote
Rosenhous is the best in the business. Players that do not hire him are the ones that are stupid. Rosenhouse gets deals done with every team out there, and he gets top dollar for his clients.
Reply/Quote
Dude needs to hire Jesus, I hear that those Mexican people work hard.
Reply/Quote
I could see Johnny Fartball being out of the league already. The NFL just has a shorter timeline for good OR bad QBs these days, and while Ryan Leaf got multiple years and teams to try to make something work, today's QB bust can lose his job forever after 7 starts while Brock Osweiller can get a long-term big contract out of 7 ho-hum starts.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 11:15 AM)coachmcneil71 Wrote: Dude needs to hire Jesus, I hear that those Mexican people work hard.

didnt work for tebow
Reply/Quote
Anecdotal evidence, but i've told this story before...

I've never understood the hate for Rosenhaus, even though i had the same opinion before meeting him. Back in '06 i was replacing the locks on Chad Johnson's condo in Walnut Hills. Rosenhaus was there, on the phone, negotiating at the time (Chad's first big deal) and i could hear everything he was saying. He was nothing but kind and polite to whoever he was talking to. What was more surprising was, when i was done and settling up, he was off the phone and engaged me in about a 10 minute convo about my job. I was a nobody service tech to him but he seemed interested in what i did--being responsible for people's safety, knowing what keys and codes they use, etc. I told him i was actually surprised that there was such negativity when his name was brought up and he just laughed and said it was all part of the job; being a sports agent in general.

Representing Manziel seems like a large task that i wouldn't want to undertake though.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
The hate comes from Rosenhaus being a prick and trying to strong-arm teams into giving them what he wants.

Yes, it's a business, but he has no ethics about it and goes for the kill.

The movie Jerry McGuire was based off of Rosenhaus, so you don't need to look much further than Tom Cruise's comments while he's typing up that letter and having the life-changing realization to realize why Rosenhaus is a dick.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 11:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The hate comes from Rosenhaus being a prick and trying to strong-arm teams into giving them what he wants.

The movie Jerry McGuire was based off of Rosenhaus, so you don't need to look much further than Tom Cruise's comments while he's typing up that letter and having the life-changing realization to realize why Rosenhaus is a dick.

So then you obviously have first hand knowledge of him.....correct? (Other than a movie.)
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 11:40 PM)Tiger Teeth Wrote: So then you obviously have first hand knowledge of him.....correct?  (Other than a movie.)

Not first hand, but Sports Illustrated once called him the most hated man in the NFL, and he's only gotten worse.
Reply/Quote
(03-21-2016, 11:37 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: The hate comes from Rosenhaus being a prick and trying to strong-arm teams into giving them what he wants.

His job is to represent guys against multi-billion dollar teams. His job is to get his guy as much financial well being as possible, and he's competing with dozens of other agents and sometimes hundreds of other players for those dollars. His job is to make sure his guy gets what his guy thinks his guy is worth.

There's no strong arming in negotiations, at least not like these. Teams can just shrug and go sign someone else if their only issue is the dollar. Rosenhaus can't just cay "give my guy 20% of your cap, or you don't have a team next year."
Reply/Quote

I'd rather believe my eyes and ears than opinion/movie without any proof to back it up. 

No doubt, players and agents get reps--most times for good reason--i just didn't personally see that type of behavior from Rosenhaus the one time i met him.

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote

hes actually the Good guy unless you back the Man...
Reply/Quote
Rosenhaus will get Johnny his first reality TV gig, hide and watch. This has nothing to do with football, IMO.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote

Jerry Maguire was based off of Leigh Steinberg.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 04:22 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jerry Maguire was based off of Leigh Steinberg.

I hear that guy is a real douchenugget. Ninja

Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 02:55 PM)Wyche Wrote: This has nothing to do with football, IMO.

It's probably best that way. It's pretty funny that his nickname sincerely includes a thing he's downright awful at and/or may never do again.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 06:17 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: I hear that guy is a real douchenugget. Ninja

Did you get that from Sports Illustrated?   Hilarious
[Image: DC42UUb.png]
Reply/Quote
Rosenhouse has never done anything unethical in anyway as far as I know. Every player would love to be represented by him, but he does not just take anyone as a client.

This move to represent Manziel is like a big name attorney agreeing to represent the Boston Bomber. he is doung toi for publicicty. And he will make a lot of money for JF.
Reply/Quote
(03-22-2016, 04:22 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Jerry Maguire was based off of Leigh Steinberg.
It was based off of Steinberg sand Rosenhaus.
(03-22-2016, 09:06 PM)fredtoast Wrote: Rosenhouse has never done anything unethical in anyway as far as I know.  Every player would love to be represented by him, but he does not just take anyone as a client.

This move to represent Manziel is like a big name attorney agreeing to represent the Boston Bomber. he is doung toi for publicicty.  And he will make a lot of money for JF.

Unless you consider it unethical to advise athletes, who he knows will listen to him, to breach their contracts, that he agreed upon, by holding out when they're already making millions of dollars.

Or advising clients to a financial advisor, just because he was a friend, even though Rosenhaus knew he was shady and not a good advisor.

I'm sure there's probably more.
Reply/Quote