Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Manziel starting Thursday
(11-04-2015, 09:32 AM)gobobro Wrote: Derek Anderson, Seneca Wallace, Brandon Weeden, and Brian Hoyer have all beaten the Bengals wearing Cleveland uniforms in recent years.

True, but these guys all have a lot more in common with Josh McCown than Johnny Fartball, which is why I'm more confident in beating him than a vet/journeyman pocket guy. My whole point is people look at a guy like McCown and think "we know what he can do, so what" but then see the scattershot nonsense that is Johnny Fartball and get scared he's going to pull some sort of magic out of his butt. A banged-up McCown threw 3 TDs in one half last week, he's less sexy but he's better.

Quit being so afraid of unlikely "magic" flying out of Johnny Fartball's butt!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Hello, I am new to the board. I hope they thrash Mr. Football. 8-0 !
Reply/Quote
I think this fires our front up our front seven, especially our front four, and they all just play with more excitement, passion, and energy to shut the little elf up.

They'll all want to get sacks so they can celebrate together and laugh in his face!

I think Johnny folds and the rest of the team collapses with him!
Reply/Quote
The Bengals should win this one. As long as they continue to stay focused and play smart, this team can take anybody in the field. And the Browns have issues (as always).

That said, Johnny Football might be a concern, if only because he is new and we haven't seen him before. With the limited prep time for a Thursday night game, we don't have a lot of time to adjust the defense specifically to what he might do. That will only be a concern if their defense plays tough and the game is close. But with their injuries, I don't see that happening.

I'm a little more concerned with this being a Thursday night game and following that effort on Sunday. Some guys might still be a little drained. I hope that is not the case.
[Image: 416686247_404249095282684_84217049823664...e=659A7198]
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 06:35 PM)Bengalzona Wrote: The Bengals should win this one. As long as they continue to stay focused and play smart, this team can take anybody in the field. And the Browns have issues (as always).

That said, Johnny Football might be a concern, if only because he is new and we haven't seen him before. With the limited prep time for a Thursday night game, we don't have a lot of time to adjust the defense specifically to what he might do. That will only be a concern if their defense plays tough and the game is close. But with their injuries, I don't see that happening.

I'm a little more concerned with this being a Thursday night game and following that effort on Sunday. Some guys might still be a little drained. I hope that is not the case.

They've seen Manziel before, last season. Things didn't go well for that Doug Funnie lookin MF.
Reply/Quote
J. Football might just be in John Grisham's sequel to playing for Pizza, Playing with two broken legs in The Maldives ..
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(11-03-2015, 05:15 PM)djs7685 Wrote: I don't understand the logic behind this at all.

We should be more nervous that a much worse QB is playing?

I can't even sarcastically say that it makes sense because of how much it doesn't make sense.

A trap game is more about the Bengals playing down to the other team's level after a big win against a division rival than a Manziel led Browns team playing up to the Bengals' level.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 06:21 PM)AG Slater Wrote: Hello, I am new to the board. I hope they thrash Mr. Football. 8-0 !

Welcome
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 05:46 PM)Nately120 Wrote: Quit being so afraid of unlikely "magic" flying out of Johnny Fartball's butt!

Well, in fairness, with a name like "Johnny Fartball," from where else would you expect the magic to fly?
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
I can't wait to see what Burfict has in store for this dude. Tomorrow night cannot come soon enough.
Well does he have a name or should I call him... lawyer?
Reply/Quote
I'm not too worried about this one no matter who plays, but Manziel is 1-0 this season while McCown is 1-6.

Just sayin. I think Manziel would've taken over by now if not for all the off-field BS. Kinda hard to hand the keys to the franchise to a guy that can't get sober or stay out of the news.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 11:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not too worried about this one no matter who plays, but Manziel is 1-0 this season while McCown is 1-6.

Just sayin. I think Manziel would've taken over by now if not for all the off-field BS. Kinda hard to hand the keys to the franchise to a guy that can't get sober or stay out of the news.

All Johnny Fartball does is win!
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 02:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: All Johnny Fartball does is win!

And drink and drive, and snort coke in vegas, and slap his girlfriend around, and....

It's the Charlie Sheen version of winning.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 02:43 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: And drink and drive, and snort coke in vegas, and slap his girlfriend around, and....

It's the Charlie Sheen version of winning.

One thing to consider.

In Manziels 3 career starts, he does have a much higher  qb rating than Dalton does in his 4 playoff blunders.

So, from a qb play perspective,  I guess the browns could feel a little more confident tonight than we will all feel come January.
Reply/Quote
(11-04-2015, 11:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: I'm not too worried about this one no matter who plays, but Manziel is 1-0 this season while McCown is 1-6.

C'mon, man.

It's also kinda hard to hand the keys to a QB that's clearly much worse than your current starter. If you think McCown is the biggest reason they were 1-6 and that Johnny Eightball would have done much better at all, then it seems you're just being stubborn because of your offseason arguments regarding the 2.

I'm no mathematician, but I'd say that their consistent losing has a lot more to do with their ONE HUNDRED FORTY SEVEN rushing yards allowed per game, or maybe their bottom of the league run game on offense.

But hey, I guess we could just sit here and blame it mostly on the guy with a better passer rating than Ben Roethlisberger, Matt Ryan, and Russell Wilson instead.
Reply/Quote
(11-05-2015, 02:27 AM)Nately120 Wrote: All Johnny Fartball does is win!

All McCown does is?

Look, you keep saying that McCown's age is irrelevant, which couldn't be further from the truth. At McCown's age, they know he's not the future. So at 2-7, what's there to lose?

You've mentioned that HC's and GM's lose their jobs for making poor personnel decisions, but I'm sure they've made plenty of bad decisions leading up to this point already. Either way, how is playing the 1st round QB in a lost season a bad move?

I get that Manziel is a d-bag and we all hate the dude, but don't let that influence your opinion. So far he's at 4 TD's and 0 INT's for the year. He's flashed some physical potential, regardless of what some of you guys say. 
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:34 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: All McCown does is?

Look, you keep saying that McCown's age is irrelevant, which couldn't be further from the truth. At McCown's age, they know he's not the future. So at 2-7, what's there to lose?

You've mentioned that HC's and GM's lose their jobs for making poor personnel decisions, but I'm sure they've made plenty of bad decisions leading up to this point already.

I get that Manziel is a d-bag and we all hate the dude, but don't let that influence your opinion. So far he's at 4 TD's and 0 INT's for the year. He's flashed some physical potential, regardless of what some of you guys say. 

Marshall Faulk had a good point last night.  He believes they just don't trust him to be there when he keeps having all of these off the field issues, and is constantly in the news.  As he said, "the only time we want to see you in the news or on tv is during post game pressers and at a charity event."  Food for thought.....it's OBVIOUS Pettine has grown tired of his antics.  Also, he cannot play from the pocket at all.  That was made painfully clear last night after a simple halftime adjustment made by the Bengals.  Kid is doo doo.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(11-06-2015, 10:41 AM)Wyche Wrote: Marshall Faulk had a good point last night.  He believes they just don't trust him to be there when he keeps having all of these off the field issues, and is constantly in the news.  As he said, "the only time we want to see you in the news or on tv is during post game pressers and at a charity event."  Food for thought.....it's OBVIOUS Pettine has grown tired of his antics.  Also, he cannot play from the pocket at all.  That was made painfully clear last night after a simple halftime adjustment made by the Bengals.  Kid is doo doo.

I totally agree with Faulk. The off-field stuff makes it difficult to trust him as the face of the franchise. If he had his shit straight off the field, I think they'd be getting close to putting him out there.

Fwiw, I think Manziel was decent last night. He had zero run game. The 2nd half he looked bad, but honestly they were down multiple scores and became one-dimensional. Kinda hard to judge him off that.

Making him strictly a pocket guy probably isn't the brightest move. That's not his game.
Reply/Quote