Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt
How long will the project continue? You'd think we'd see some progress by now but he seems pretty invisible out there the few times I've seen him. Maybe I just forgot and he contributed more then I realize.

It'd be cool if he could block some field goals at least.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 09:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: How long will the project continue? You'd think we'd see some progress by now but he seems pretty invisible out there the few times I've seen him. Maybe I just forgot and he contributed more then I realize.

It'd be cool if he could block some field goals at least.

His entire stat line last year was 1 solo tackle, 1 tackle assist. He's so bad they simply stopped activating him every week so he was only active for 7 weeks this year. Trust me, you haven't forgotten any of his contributions.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 09:10 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: How long will the project continue?

Eternity
Reply/Quote
Who?
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
El o el.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
With any luck, the experiment will mercifully end before this coming season. There has to be someone, anyone, worth a roster spot more than Hunt.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 09:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who?

You remember... that track and field guy who didn't really know how to play football, but people were saying would be the next J.J. Watt  Hilarious
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 09:59 PM)jj22 Wrote: Who?

Ive gone to bat for Margus every year. It is getting a lot harder.

But like someone mentioned he wasnt even active every game. For comparison Shawn Williams is a guy we barely saw get any playing time. Only reason he was active was special teams. Until injuries happened he finally got extended playing time. Then all of sudden... You know what this guy is pretty good. 

Guenthers comments make it seem if he doesnt really take the next step he is gone though. Clarke is beating him in the age department. So if it came down to it i think clarke has the upper hand. If Gilberry comes back I would say Hunt is gone. We should be drafting a DE at some point.
Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 11:00 PM)NATI BENGALS Wrote: Ive gone to bat for Margus every year. It is getting a lot harder.

But like someone mentioned he wasnt even active every game. For comparison Shawn Williams is a guy we barely saw get any playing time. Only reason he was active was special teams. Until injuries happened he finally got extended playing time. Then all of sudden... You know what this guy is pretty good. 

Guenthers comments make it seem if he doesnt really take the next step he is gone though. Clarke is beating him in the age department. So if it came down to it i think clarke has the upper hand. If Gilberry comes back I would say Hunt is gone. We should be drafting a DE at some point.

Doesn't the fact that he was a second round draft pick in his third year and could not even make the active roster tell you all you need to know?
Reply/Quote
A 2nd round isn't anything to brush off either that is some serious value to a franchise that chooses to build through the draft.

Moch was a third.
Reply/Quote
He better beast up early or it's ba-bye now for Hunt. This could possibly be the best defensive draft that the NFL has seen in the last 10 or 20 years. They will draft a guy to replace Hunt or Clark. One or both of them will more than likey be gone by the time the season begins. I think they may keep the one out of the two that realizes it's now or never for them in Cincy.
Reply/Quote
When we drafted Hunt, I was optimistic. As the years have gone by, I wish he was gone, as well...

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Should be cut along with Clarke.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Bust. Wasted draft pick. Called it on the old board. Said Eifert>Hunt would be more productive. Eifert got hurt...looked like I was wrong but I wasn't. Send him packing with Hawk.

Reply/Quote
(03-01-2016, 11:07 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: Doesn't the fact that he was a second round draft pick in his third year and could not even make the active roster tell you all you need to know?

^This, the key words being second round!
Reply/Quote
Think this may be his last camp if major improvement does not happen.

But have thought this of Tate for years. But at least Tate does something.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 12:54 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: When we drafted Hunt, I was optimistic.  As the years have gone by, I wish he was gone, as well...

me too

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 01:14 AM)Atomic Orange Wrote: Bust. Wasted draft pick. Called it on the old board. Said Eifert>Hunt would be more productive. Eifert got hurt...looked like I was wrong but I wasn't. Send him packing with Hawk.

You picked one of the best players in his draft class to be better than an over-aged Estonian who barely has any relevant football skills?

Bold. Glad it worked out for you. 
Reply/Quote
Hopefully he is done by next season...
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
(03-02-2016, 02:27 AM)RoyleRedlegs Wrote: You picked one of the best players in his draft class to be better than an over-aged Estonian who barely has any relevant football skills?

Bold. Glad it worked out for you. 

The thread was titled" who you thought would be the most improved player in 2014" or something similar. Hunt got about 80% of the vote...

Oh wait you were condescending to me again, tough guy you are behind those keys. Meh blocked[Image: double_middle_finger_emoticon2_by_tailsf...3i61g9.gif]

Reply/Quote