Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt
Has blocked 3 XPs this year. :andy:
[Image: 43325991030_4d39723a8f.jpg]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:17 AM)reuben.ahmed Wrote: Has blocked 3 XPs this year.  :andy:

Let's get those extension talks going right now!
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:36 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Let's get those extension talks going right now!

Now now, Marvin first.  Priorities.
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:44 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: Now now, Marvin first.  Priorities.

Laugh

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 12:46 PM)BengalChris Wrote: Laugh

I wish I could  Cry
“We're 2-7!  What the **** difference does it make?!” - Bruce Coslet
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:14 PM)Awful Llama Wrote: I wish I could  Cry
Well, at least nobody has dumped garbage on Andy's lawn yet Cry
Reply/Quote

It only took him four years to make a few plays.

Actually, he has looked better this year.  But is that really saying much?
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
I'd keep him over Hill or Jones

Semi-serious
Reply/Quote
Did anybody else notice that Houston has two scrubs named Hunt and Clarke too... Small world.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote

He might have blocked more XPs than Nuge made. 
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote

Plus one field goal....
Reply/Quote
He has a baby now so I would think he's more motivated to make plays to get an extension to take care of his family...
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:28 PM)McC Wrote: It only took him four years to make a few plays.

Actually, he has looked better this year.  But is that really saying much?

That was just such a horrible draft pick that I criticized at the time. He was like 25/26 when they drafted him and extremely raw.

They took him because they knew MJ or Dunlap would leave in free agency...

See a trend? They took Fisher and Ced because Smith and Whitworth were upcoming free agents.

They took Dennard and Jackson because Hall was expensive and going to be leaving.

I could go on and on...but their worst picks are when they try to force a pick to replace an aging veteran who is paid a lot.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:07 PM)milksheikh Wrote: He has a baby now so I would think he's more motivated to make plays to get an extension to take care of his family...

How many times do we see guys play terrible for multiple years then improve their performance in their free agency year. Frostee Rucker comes to mind also.

I wouldn't call Hunt's performance good this year...he just has actually contributed a little bit.
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:12 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: That was just such a horrible draft pick that I criticized at the time. He was like 25/26 when they drafted him and extremely raw.

They took him because they knew MJ or Dunlap would leave in free agency...

See a trend? They took Fisher and Ced because Smith and Whitworth were upcoming free agents.

They took Dennard and Jackson because Hall was expensive and going to be leaving.

I could go on and on...but their worst picks are when they try to force a pick to replace an aging veteran who is paid a lot.

Dennard and Jackson were both BPA in my opinion, Fisher and Ced... probably not.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How many times do we see guys play terrible for multiple years then improve their performance in their free agency year. Frostee Rucker comes to mind also.

I wouldn't call Hunt's performance good this year...he just has actually contributed a little bit.

Reinard Wilson comes to mind. Had a monster year his contract year and then went back to being less than mediocre.
Reply/Quote

3 blocked kicks, isn't is 2 XP and 1 FG?

Also, while that's very very good, the downside is....

Margus Hunt has 17 tackles, 0.0 sacks, 2 Pdef, 0 INT, 0 FF despite playing 28.6% of the defensive snaps. The guy is good on ST, but he's still an atrocious DE. 2nd round pick with 1.5 sacks in 4 years.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 09:52 PM)TheLeonardLeap Wrote: 3 blocked kicks, isn't is 2 XP and 1 FG?

Also, while that's very very good, the downside is....

Margus Hunt has 17 tackles, 0.0 sacks, 2 Pdef, 0 INT, 0 FF despite playing 28.6% of the defensive snaps. The guy is good on ST, but he's still an atrocious DE. 2nd round pick with 1.5 sacks in 4 years.

Those are bust numbers for a 2nd round pick.

Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 03:13 PM)THE PISTONS Wrote: How many times do we see guys play terrible for multiple years then improve their performance in their free agency year. Frostee Rucker comes to mind also.

Does everyone taking shots at Hunt realize that his blocked kick week 1 helped the Bengals have the lead and win the game.  Last night his blocked kick should have yielded another win.  I forget but was his third one at London, which prevented a loss (even though a tie sucks)?

That is three out of 15 games where he made a big impact on the outcome of the game.  I think he needs more opportunities and he should be rotating in with Dunlap at LDE.  Give Dunlap more breathers and you might get even more out of him.  I think it is stupid to play Dunlap every snap.  

Hunt is not a JJ Watt, and he may have been overdrafted, but he is finally healthy this year and has made an impact when he has gotten a few opportunities.  I hope they do sign him and he stays.  He is still learning and could still get significantly better and I will never understand why they make Dunlap play every snap.  
Reply/Quote
(12-25-2016, 01:22 PM)treee Wrote: Well, at least nobody has dumped garbage on Andy's lawn yet Cry

How is it that Marvins lawn has escaped this?
Reply/Quote