Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt is off the PUP list
https://mobile.twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/628645397930639361

So much talent on the Defensive line...and can't keep them all...
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 04:56 PM)Synric Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/628645397930639361

Well let's see if playing for a roster spot motivates him.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 05:01 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: Well let's see if playing for a roster spot motivates him.

I don't think motivation has really been the problem with Hunt. He's just been learning to play his position these last few years.
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 05:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't think motivation has really been the problem with Hunt. He's just been learning to play his position these last few years.

And injured alot last season .
I have the Heart of a Lion! I also have a massive fine and a lifetime ban from the Pittsburgh Zoo...

Reply/Quote
He has to use MJ being on the shelf as a chance to show and go out and show. I like the guy but it's time for him to earn his keep or hit the road.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 06:27 PM)McC Wrote: He has to use MJ being on the shelf as a chance to show and go out and show.  I like the guy but it's time for him to earn his keep or hit the road.

Yep.
To each his own... unless you belong to a political party...
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 04:56 PM)Synric Wrote: https://mobile.twitter.com/ColeyHarvey/status/628645397930639361

Margus Hunt..a very strong man.. yet a very marginal football player..he should not make the team
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 11:42 AM)xavierdude Wrote: Margus Hunt..a very strong man.. yet a very marginal football player..he should not make the team

I hope this isn't the case.  I think part of the issue lies in the fact that he was learning RDE, LDE and DT all at the same time.  Leave him at LDE and rotate him with Dunlap and see what he can do.  I think he could be very good at LDE.  (See Bold Predictions, RacerX)
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 11:46 AM)SHRacerX Wrote: I hope this isn't the case.  I think part of the issue lies in the fact that he was learning RDE, LDE and DT all at the same time.  Leave him at LDE and rotate him with Dunlap and see what he can do.  I think he could be very good at LDE.  (See Bold Predictions, RacerX)

I think the issue really is that he is an exceptionally talented athlete, an exceptionally strong and quick individual..but a marginally talented football player..there are numerous players that are better football players that should make the team ahead of him
Reply/Quote
I haven't seen anything out of Hunt that makes me think he should be on the team.
Reply/Quote
We have all heard potential, potential & more potential when it comes to Margus. Well it's definitely put up or shut up now.
Reply/Quote
He's looked good to me every time he's gotten a chance to play.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 11:53 AM)xavierdude Wrote: I think the issue really is that he is an exceptionally talented athlete, an exceptionally strong and quick individual..but a marginally talented football player..there are numerous players that are better football players that should make the team ahead of him

Who do you think would rotate with Dunlap?  In other words, who would make the team over Hunt that is more proven?  I'm not saying that he is JJ Watt, but when healthy, he has at least flashed talent at several different positions.

I still can't believe they aren't putting him and Dunlap next to each other to block FGs.  It is like they are just conceding those points.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 10:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Who do you think would rotate with Dunlap?  In other words, who would make the team over Hunt that is more proven?  I'm not saying that he is JJ Watt, but when healthy, he has at least flashed talent at several different positions.

I still can't believe they aren't putting him and Dunlap next to each other to block FGs.  It is like they are just conceding those points.

9 dlinemen (without Hunt or Still)

Dunlap/Clarke
Atkins/Thompson
Peko/Sims/Hardison
MJ90/Gilberry

Clarke was not injured all last year and the beginning of training camp, as Hunt was.
Reply/Quote
(08-05-2015, 10:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Who do you think would rotate with Dunlap?  In other words, who would make the team over Hunt that is more proven?  I'm not saying that he is JJ Watt, but when healthy, he has at least flashed talent at several different positions.

I thought they did have Hunt out there on the line for FGs? Could be wrong, but I thought I remembered seeing him out there.

I believe the issue is that Margus Hunt is playing against teams like the Pittsburgh Steelers and Baltimore Ravens now. He doesn't get to play against the Stephen F Austin State University Lumberjacks and the Northwestern State Demons in the big leagues.

He's playing against professional athletes that know how to play football now. People are trolling when they say he's looked good so far in the NFL.
Reply/Quote
He was shocked that they took him off PUP so soon. But they have plans to cut him so he wasn't getting the free ride on pup. He should take that as a hint he's on the hot seat.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
(08-04-2015, 05:45 PM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: I don't think motivation has really been the problem with Hunt. He's just been learning to play his position these last few years.

True, I think he would benefit most from playing, he was our only pass rush during the playoff game, he definitely still needs to work on technique but i think it would be most beneficial to actually put him in and learn.
Reply/Quote