Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt on improving/working with Greene
(08-10-2016, 10:07 AM)XenoMorph Wrote: Nah 2 of those years I believe were injury riddled...  Back issues last year.     But when your 6'8"  that will happen.

But hope its enough to get more of a rotation going...  

If we had a real pass rushing threat opposite Dunlap, QB's would be screwed.  Hard to avoid a rush from both ends and the middle.  Would make our D truly scary.  You might call it the final piece of the puzzle.
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 03:53 PM)McC Wrote: If we had a real pass rushing threat opposite Dunlap, QB's would be screwed.  Hard to avoid a rush from both ends and the middle.  Would make our D truly scary.  You might call it the final piece of the puzzle.

yeah Johnson is a good run stopper but doesnt get that pressure we will miss gilberry this year I fear.

Hardy is still out there... if we would take that black eye.  I don't know how effective he was for Dallas last season though so not sure if its worth it.  But I know we like to give second chances.(or 3rd maybe)

Or maybe one of those young guys who just miss the roster last year.

Somehow I feel we just roll the dice and see if clark and hunt step up.
Reply/Quote
I think Hardy will sign once the season starts so his contract isn't guaranteed. No one wants to risk it right now it seems.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 04:33 PM)Au165 Wrote: I think Hardy will sign once the season starts so his contract isn't guaranteed. No one wants to risk it right now it seems.

makes sense.
Reply/Quote
(08-11-2016, 04:30 PM)XenoMorph Wrote: yeah Johnson is a good run stopper but doesnt get that pressure we will miss gilberry this year I fear.

Hardy is still out there... if we would take that black eye.  I don't know how effective he was for Dallas last season though so not sure if its worth it.  But I know we like to give second chances.(or 3rd maybe)

Or maybe one of those young guys who just miss the roster last year.

Somehow I feel we just roll the dice and see if clark and hunt step up.

methinks they will  ThumbsUp   the coaches now have an urgency to play them on meaningful snaps, and Hunt appears to be fully healthy, which will definitely help !
Reply/Quote
(08-10-2016, 01:35 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: The guy has 12 tackles in his entire career and you think 7-9 sacks as part of the rotation is possible?  Other than the fact it is the preseason and anything is hypothetically possible, what would lead you to believe this?

Anything is possible.

Jon Fanene had a total of 10 tackles in his first three seasons and went on to have a 7 sack season.
Reply/Quote
I know, thumbnails suck, but here's my assessment 

Attached Files Image(s)

Reply/Quote
He didn't work hard enough with Greene.  Not only did he look like the overhyped bum out of SMWho? that he is....he played uninspired.  Time for a pink slip.  That was disgusting.

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
[Image: 70835302.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 09:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Anything is possible.

Jon Fanene had a total of 10 tackles in his first three seasons and went on to have a 7 sack season.

Jonathan Fanene was a good football player.  Hunt just continues to look lost out there.  I hate to say it, but it looks like he will turn in yet another embarrassing performance this season.  Hope I'm wrong, but I'd be absolutely shocked.
Reply/Quote
It was only one game, and a preseason one at that, but Hunt looks exactly like he's always looked to me.

Probably gets a couple more games to show something, but damn! What is so hard to understand about the ultimate goal in defensive football. Bust your ass to get the guy with the ball. I know, I know, stay in your lane, make sure your responsibilities are covered, etc. I just don't see him developing any football instincts.

This doesn't make me happy. I thought we might have a real monster in the making when we drafted him.
Reply/Quote
Sorry but Margus Hunt hasn't figured out the NFL and probably never will, if we can trade him for a 7th Rd pick do it, otherwise he's destined to be cut.
"We have been sentenced to life in the prison that is a Bengals fan and we are going to serve out our time"
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 03:42 AM)Thundercloud Wrote: It was only one game, and a preseason one at that, but Hunt looks exactly like he's always looked to me.

Probably gets a couple more games to show something, but damn! What is so hard to understand about the ultimate goal in defensive football.  Bust your ass to get the guy with the ball. I know, I know, stay in your lane, make sure your responsibilities are covered, etc.  I just don't see him developing any football instincts.

This doesn't make me happy.  I thought we might have a real monster in the making when we drafted him.

On the cutback run out of the endzone in the first half, he didn't even stay in his lane......then he stood and watched a TD run in the 2nd half.  Horrible.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
I'm at awe at how our staff continues to justify his playing time. Those college blocks can only go so far.

Reply/Quote
I read that he is now close to 300. Maybe he should have stayed closer to 275, because he looks slow and tired. I don't get it. TEs dropped him on his back. The greatest contribution he made all night was people had to run around him, but when they did there was no vision or thought of breaking away from his blocker. Just played patty-cake.

I thought Clarke was pretty solid when at RDE. I guess one out of the two isn't bad. But what a bummer. All those physical tools and no production
Reply/Quote
Did he do anything other than a straight ahead rush last night?

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
It is almost shocking in review of, that Margus ran a 4.60 the year we drafted him. That speed has just never shown up in pads.
Reply/Quote
Whatever Hunt did with Greene this off season, it didn't work.
Everything in this post is my fault.
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 12:38 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: I read that he is now close to 300.  Maybe he should have stayed closer to 275, because he looks slow and tired.  I don't get it.  TEs dropped him on his back.  The greatest contribution he made all night was people had to run around him, but when they did there was no vision or thought of breaking away from his blocker.  Just played patty-cake.  

I thought Clarke was pretty solid when at RDE.  I guess one out of the two isn't bad.  But what a bummer.  All those physical tools and no production

Yea I don't know, I would question his endurance but even at the beginning of the game we never saw that elite strength even in spurts.  His body language is poor, he reads/guesses in one direction and gives up on the play.  He looked like a monster in the 3 sack Colts game, he looks like a shell of that guy even if it was a fluke.  The thing I was worried most about Hunt was that Cincy would cut him and he'd finally put it all together.  The upside of Cincy being so "loyal" at times is that we as fans won't have to wonder what might have been.  I'd hope it was just a bad game, but if he plays like that again you have to give his reps to someone else and send him on his way after Detroit.  
Reply/Quote
(08-12-2016, 09:47 AM)fredtoast Wrote: Anything is possible.

Fanene was a 7th round pick. Nobody expects them to do anything at the start of their career, otherwise they wouldn't be 7th round picks. Heck, not many expect them to do anything at all.

Not to mention, it took Fanene 5 years to get his second career sack, and he never had 7 sacks, he had 6.5 in 2011, his 7th year.

Not the greatest comparison to inspire confidence in Hunt.

[Image: jamarr-chase.gif]
Reply/Quote