Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt on improving/working with Greene
I had high hopes that the Margus Hunt Project would be a smash hit. As of last night, it's a bust. I liked this guy coming in but he played a lot of snaps last night and has showed nothing.

Unless one of the young ends really shows up in the remaining pre-season games I think they need to see if we can find a worthwhile retread when cuts happen and move on from Margus Hunt.
Reply/Quote
(08-09-2016, 09:55 PM)Go Cards Wrote: Still am hopeful but definitely it is his last chance i believe.

To me,unless this guy shows a HUGE improvement the next three pre-season games,he will be cut and now watch the stinkin stoolers or the ravens grab him and make him a star.For what ever reason,this guy has not panned out.He does not have the it factor to me.I do not see the killer instinct in him and that is a problem.I was hoping he would be the beast they thought he was.Last night I saw him get some quality rushes,but he just never got there in time.We shall see how he pans out next three games.He has all the tools,but you have to have blood in your eyes and be the toughest guy out there,with no excuses.
Reply/Quote
Damn. I didn't see the game. Hunt must've been "jump off the screen" awful, eh?
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 06:55 PM)StoneTheCrow Wrote: Damn. I didn't see the game. Hunt must've been "jump off the screen" awful, eh?

I was more shocked than anything at how ineffective he was. With all the controversy surrounding him, I assumed he would play with motivation

Reply/Quote
When the Vikings were backed up in their endzone (got pushed badly by the TE) and on their rushing TD (no motivation),

my (over)reaction:
[Image: om.gif]

Reply/Quote
Marcus Hunt is the reason why talent evaluaters take intangibles into account. He looks the part... The Warsaw Pact's answer to Dunlap... But he sucks. It's time to cut bait.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
(08-13-2016, 11:22 PM)jeremydc Wrote: When the Vikings were backed up in their endzone (got pushed badly by the TE) and on their rushing TD (no motivation),

my (over)reaction:
[Image: om.gif]

He couldn't move, in my opinion.

There were bodies at his feet that weren't all that evident on the telecast until the camera panned out slightly.

All he could do to "pursue" would be to kick step out like an OT to get his feet free, and in that moment even that was already too late.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-14-2016, 01:23 AM)jfkbengals Wrote: He couldn't move, in my opinion.

There were bodies at his feet that weren't all that evident on the telecast until the camera panned out slightly.

All he could do to "pursue" would be to kick step out like an OT to get his feet free, and in that moment even that was already too late.

No second effort is what I'm pissed about. Pursue until the play is over. I know all players take certain plays of but my biggest concern with hunt is his unwillingness to finish ALL plays. Whether or not he can get there is irrelevant to my point.

Reply/Quote
This just in: Kevin Greene is no longer coaching Margus Hunt, as he fears that association will taint his HoF legacy
Reply/Quote
I watched the NFL Network replay. Hunt's play was awful. He looked unmotivated out there.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:08 PM)Bengal Dude Wrote: I watched the NFL Network replay. Hunt's play was awful. He looked unmotivated out there.

I always defended Hunt, not anymore...
Reply/Quote
[Image: mCRJXsxRIsLkMziWjaOkIQUf.jpg20160815-3-1...1471288793]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:20 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: I always defended Hunt, not anymore...

same here...  i'm running out of reasons to convince myself to keep rooting for the guy.  All I have left at the moment is that he's still donning the orange and black  Mellow
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: mCRJXsxRIsLkMziWjaOkIQUf.jpg20160815-3-1...1471288793]

Hilarious

(08-15-2016, 04:21 PM)jonesy84 Wrote: same here...  i'm running out of reasons to convince myself to keep rooting for the guy.  All I have left at the moment is that he's still donning the orange and black  Mellow

Cannot defend the guy if he doesn't even look like he is trying out there.

Thought he looked better at DT than DE but still, terrible showing and this is coming from the guy that always defended him.

Thought it would click eventually with his size, strength and athleticism but if he has no will it doesn't matter.
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:25 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: Thought it would click eventually with his size, strength and athleticism but if he has no will it doesn't matter.

To quote the coach from The Blind Side, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane"
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 05:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: To quote the coach from The Blind Side, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane"

LOL  that's funny right there!
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 04:20 PM)GodFather Wrote: [Image: mCRJXsxRIsLkMziWjaOkIQUf.jpg20160815-3-1...1471288793]

Damn!  That's pretty bold from an ESPN talking head.  I might be a little afraid that Margus would use my head for a shotput.  
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 07:36 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Damn!  That's pretty bold from an ESPN talking head.  I might be a little afraid that Margus would use my head for a shotput.  

Not the real Schefter...
[Image: Truck_1_0_1_.png]
Reply/Quote
(08-15-2016, 05:03 PM)OrlandoBengal Wrote: To quote the coach from The Blind Side, "looks like Tarzan, plays like Jane"

Looks like Tarzan plays like shit is more like it. If any of us were built like Hunt, we could muster up 12 tackles in 3 seasons.... He did look good in some of those highlights from SMU when he was drafted though. I had never heard of him and was intrigued. I figured we'd lose MJ the next year; and we did. He seemed like a good guy to groom as a replacement.... Wrong. He's a pitiful NFL player. In no way should he be on this roster again.
I'm gonna break every record they've got. I'm tellin' you right now. I don't know how I'm gonna do it, but it's goin' to get done.

- Ja'Marr Chase 
  April 2021
Reply/Quote
I have a tweet from 2/25/13 on my twitter

"I think in a few years teams will be asking how they passed up on Margus Hunt, guy will be sensational. You heard it here first #NFLCombine"

This was before we drafted him.

Hilarious  Shoot and a miss!
Reply/Quote