Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts..
Margus Hunt has signed a 2 year deal with the Colts..

Quote: Source: DE Margus Hunt agreed to terms on a 2 year deal with the Indianapolis Colts

@IanRapapport

Good luck to Hunt and his family! Although he never worked out here, always thought he was a nice guy and teammate.
Former Contributor for StripeHype

CEO/Founder of CUE Sports Media

Reply/Quote
Believe it or not I actually did want him back if the deal was reasonable enough. If nothing else it was fun watching him block kicks. Then again, I was still hoping we'd draft 2 DEs so we probably need the room.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
Whew, dodged another bullet..

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
Super surprised. Somehow we'll come out of that with less cap space.

Good luck. Hope he's able to take off elsewhere.
Reply/Quote
And Barwin is gone... welp
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
They must be thinking about that preseason game he had against their 4th string RT a couple years ago.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 08:22 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Margus Hunt has signed a 2 year deal with the Colts..

@IanRapapport

Good luck to Hunt and his family! Although he never worked out here, always thought he was a nice guy and teammate.

Happy for him.
Reply/Quote
Well at least one thing went right this offseason.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
Addition by subtraction looks to be the motto for this offseason. Best of luck Hunt. Still surprised overall he's been in the league going on 5 years given how short of a career players have overall.

Quote:"Success doesn’t mean every single move they make is good" ~ Anonymous 
"Let not the dumb have to educate" ~ jj22
Reply/Quote
Good for him, and us !

That's two on my list down. Now if we can just get rid of Maualuga and A. Jones.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 08:36 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: And Barwin is gone... welp

Barwin signed with somebody?
Reply/Quote
I think in a 3-4 he will be a much better fit. He just never seemed to be a good fit in a 4-3.
Reply/Quote
Seems other teams around the league think a lot more of some of these message board whipping boys.

I would have actually liked to have had him back. He single handedly (pun intended lol) changed the outcome of at least 2 games last season. He was worth keeping for ST alone, imo.

Reply/Quote
A 30 year old (in July) DE with 1.5 career sacks. Colts fans everywhere must be thrilled.

They probably signed him to play the grizzled vet role. And for the company discus tournament.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A 30 year old (in July) DE with 1.5 career sacks. Colts fans everywhere must be thrilled.

They probably signed him to play the grizzled vet role. And for the company discus tournament.

I know that you're just joking, but I'm willing to bet that Hunt would be incredible in the Highland Games.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
I'm actually really surprised they let Peko and Hunt go. Not that I though we should keep them, just surprised they went through with it. This is as good a draft as any for defensive players. There are still a couple players under contract that I wouldn't mind letting go. Not sure why we still have one of those players. I'm sure everyone knows who it is.
Reply/Quote
Definite addition by subtraction. No disrespect to Margus personally, but he wasn't getting it done here. Thank you Margus and thank you Indy!
Reply/Quote
Now let me tell you about Margus...He was a huge bust.
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:30 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Now let me tell you about Margus...He was a huge bust.

Yes, no disrespect intended toward Margus Hunt, but he never quite lived up to the second round pick status.  I had high hopes for him, he just didn't catch on fast enough.  Perhaps had he played a couple more years of college ball, he may have had enough of the fundamental skills and instincts that go along with being a football player, rather than just that of a strength athlete.  Good luck in Indy, Margus.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, no disrespect intended toward Margus Hunt, but he never quite lived up to the second round pick status.  I had high hopes for him, he just didn't catch on fast enough.  Perhaps had he played a couple more years of college ball, he may have had enough of the fundamental skills and instincts that go along with being a football player, rather than just that of a strength athlete.  Good luck in Indy, Margus.

Honestly I thought he was gonna be a beast and I didn't have any complaints when we took him. Seemed like a pretty cool dude.
Reply/Quote