Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise
Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - Printable Version

+- Cincinnati Bengals Message Board / Forums - Home of Jungle Noise (http://thebengalsboard.com)
+-- Forum: Cincinnati Bengals / NFL (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-Cincinnati-Bengals-NFL)
+--- Forum: JUNGLE NOISE (http://thebengalsboard.com/Forum-JUNGLE-NOISE)
+--- Thread: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. (/Thread-Margus-Hunt-signs-2-year-deal-with-Colts)

Pages: 1 2

Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - milksheikh - 03-13-2017

Margus Hunt has signed a 2 year deal with the Colts..

Quote: Source: DE Margus Hunt agreed to terms on a 2 year deal with the Indianapolis Colts

@IanRapapport

Good luck to Hunt and his family! Although he never worked out here, always thought he was a nice guy and teammate.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - BoomerFan - 03-13-2017

Believe it or not I actually did want him back if the deal was reasonable enough. If nothing else it was fun watching him block kicks. Then again, I was still hoping we'd draft 2 DEs so we probably need the room.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - SunsetBengal - 03-13-2017

Whew, dodged another bullet..

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - Vas Deferens - 03-13-2017

Super surprised. Somehow we'll come out of that with less cap space.

Good luck. Hope he's able to take off elsewhere.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - yellowxdiscipline - 03-13-2017

And Barwin is gone... welp

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - Yojimbo - 03-13-2017

They must be thinking about that preseason game he had against their 4th string RT a couple years ago.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - BonnieBengal - 03-13-2017

(03-13-2017, 08:22 PM)milksheikh Wrote: Margus Hunt has signed a 2 year deal with the Colts..

@IanRapapport

Good luck to Hunt and his family! Although he never worked out here, always thought he was a nice guy and teammate.

Happy for him.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - J24 - 03-13-2017

Well at least one thing went right this offseason.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - jj22 - 03-13-2017

Addition by subtraction looks to be the motto for this offseason. Best of luck Hunt. Still surprised overall he's been in the league going on 5 years given how short of a career players have overall.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - bengalfan74 - 03-13-2017

Good for him, and us !

That's two on my list down. Now if we can just get rid of Maualuga and A. Jones.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - Thundercloud - 03-13-2017

(03-13-2017, 08:36 PM)yellowxdiscipline Wrote: And Barwin is gone... welp

Barwin signed with somebody?

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - Au165 - 03-13-2017

I think in a 3-4 he will be a much better fit. He just never seemed to be a good fit in a 4-3.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - Nicomo Cosca - 03-13-2017

Seems other teams around the league think a lot more of some of these message board whipping boys.

I would have actually liked to have had him back. He single handedly (pun intended lol) changed the outcome of at least 2 games last season. He was worth keeping for ST alone, imo.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - Shake n Blake - 03-13-2017

A 30 year old (in July) DE with 1.5 career sacks. Colts fans everywhere must be thrilled.

They probably signed him to play the grizzled vet role. And for the company discus tournament.

(03-13-2017, 09:09 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: A 30 year old (in July) DE with 1.5 career sacks. Colts fans everywhere must be thrilled.

They probably signed him to play the grizzled vet role. And for the company discus tournament.

I know that you're just joking, but I'm willing to bet that Hunt would be incredible in the Highland Games.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - TKUHL - 03-13-2017

I'm actually really surprised they let Peko and Hunt go. Not that I though we should keep them, just surprised they went through with it. This is as good a draft as any for defensive players. There are still a couple players under contract that I wouldn't mind letting go. Not sure why we still have one of those players. I'm sure everyone knows who it is.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - Pat5775 - 03-13-2017

Definite addition by subtraction. No disrespect to Margus personally, but he wasn't getting it done here. Thank you Margus and thank you Indy!

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - CageTheBengal - 03-13-2017

Now let me tell you about Margus...He was a huge bust.

(03-13-2017, 09:30 PM)CageTheBengal Wrote: Now let me tell you about Margus...He was a huge bust.

Yes, no disrespect intended toward Margus Hunt, but he never quite lived up to the second round pick status.  I had high hopes for him, he just didn't catch on fast enough.  Perhaps had he played a couple more years of college ball, he may have had enough of the fundamental skills and instincts that go along with being a football player, rather than just that of a strength athlete.  Good luck in Indy, Margus.

RE: Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts.. - CageTheBengal - 03-13-2017

(03-13-2017, 09:36 PM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Yes, no disrespect intended toward Margus Hunt, but he never quite lived up to the second round pick status.  I had high hopes for him, he just didn't catch on fast enough.  Perhaps had he played a couple more years of college ball, he may have had enough of the fundamental skills and instincts that go along with being a football player, rather than just that of a strength athlete.  Good luck in Indy, Margus.

Honestly I thought he was gonna be a beast and I didn't have any complaints when we took him. Seemed like a pretty cool dude.