Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Margus Hunt signs 2 year deal with Colts..
2nd round pick. Oy. He was the difference in beating the Jets last year with his blocked FG.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:14 PM)TKUHL Wrote: I'm actually really surprised they let Peko and Hunt go. Not that I though we should keep them, just surprised they went through with it. This is as good a draft as any for defensive players. There are still a couple players under contract that I wouldn't mind letting go. Not sure why we still have one of those players. I'm sure everyone knows who it is.

At first glance I was too, but then I realized that Hardison and Billings are on the roster.  Hopefully they can stay healthy this year.
Reply/Quote
Never really lived up to all the nicknames he was given on board when drafted.

Believe mine was " the Beastonian "

Agree with Sunset that it was just a matter of not enough football experience.

Seemed to get a little better each year but it was time to move on.

Good luck to Margus.

The water tastes funny when you're far from your home,
yet it's only the thirsty that hunger to roam. 
          Roam the Jungle !
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 11:33 PM)BengalFanInNJ Wrote: 2nd round pick. Oy. He was the difference in beating the Jets last year with his blocked FG.

He really was a beast in that department. I'll give him that.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
He had one pass rush move. He lacked that initial burst off the LOS. Most of the time he took himself
Right out of the play.
One of bigger 2nd day draft busts in Lewis 14 years
The Colts will find out looks like Tarzen plays like Jane
Reply/Quote
With this signing as well as Peko's departure to Denver, what will the board start to say if both of them become valuable parts of the defenses for their new teams. Will the hate for those two finally stop and the focus on poor coaching and scheme become the real focus?

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 01:25 AM)Murdock2420 Wrote: With this signing as well as Peko's departure to Denver, what will the board start to say if both of them become valuable parts of the defenses for their new teams. Will the hate for those two finally stop and the focus on poor coaching and scheme become the real focus?

They wont so it's going to be a non issue.
https://twitter.com/JAKEAKAJ24
J24

Jessie Bates left the Bengals and that makes me sad!
Reply/Quote
He sucks ass. See yeah
Reply/Quote
(03-14-2017, 01:57 AM)J24 Wrote: They wont so it's going to be a non issue.

Hunt, I really don't see becoming anything at all but Peko in that defense, I wouldn't be surprised to see him put up decent numbers. Whole lot of talent on that defense and Vance Joseph running the show now.

[Image: bengals08-1-800small.jpg]

Reply/Quote
Hunt's big loss will be what he brought in special teams he was always a threat to block a feild goals​ or extra points​ and he blocking in the return game was bad either.
But he won't be missed for his play on defense his lack of bend is what hurt him there. He played way to high making him easier to block and didn't have that mean streak you need to have to play defense!
Reply/Quote
(03-13-2017, 09:02 PM)Thundercloud Wrote: Barwin signed with somebody?

Doesn't appear like we're signing him
[Image: s4ed9rgnqb251.jpg]
Reply/Quote
 It goes to show that there's too much emphasis on draft position in most people's minds.. Some people seem to think that in order to be successful in the league that only players drafted in the first two rounds are the only players worth having. 
I'm not trying to minimize the importance of getting good value from those two rounds, but one truth is the higher someone is drafted the further they fall when they do. The Bengals are far from being alone when it comes to striking out with high draft picks. The higher the risk, the higher the return doesn't always work. 
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
We got more value out of Jerome Simpson (though at least Margus didn't get involved with sketchy drug dealers).

Reply/Quote
For those of you looking for something fun. We always play the Colts in the preseason. Which means we will likely get to see Cedric Ogbuehi vs. Margus Hunt. That will be hysterical.
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
Seemed like Hunt would get past the offensive linemen then the RB would run right by him half the time.

I wish him the best of luck in Indy, but along with Peko I won't be missing much this upcoming season.
[Image: 1jKEzj4.png]
Formerly known as Judge on the Bengals.com message board.
Reply/Quote
I hope the light goes on with him with different coaching. I always liked the guy, so much potential and seems like a genuinely nice guy.... probably too nice to play D line......
Reply/Quote
Just think if he becomes the beast everyone hoped for with new coaches and a new scheme

Don't be shocked if that happens.

All the best o Marcus. I will be pulling for him.
Reply/Quote