Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 3 Average
Marjorie Taylor Greene Demands Space Lasers To Combat Migrants
(04-22-2024, 08:57 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: I am asking this honestly.  Do you type these out and think to yourself that you're really breaking through and proving your point?  Do you really think you're winning over anyone with your arguments?  

Like I said many posts ago, even in a thread where literally everyone agrees with the thread's premise you found a way to pontificate and disagree.

Never more appropriate.

How honest can this really be?  You would not be dodging my "point" if it weren't "breaking through."

No one, including me, is disagreeing with the thread's (unstated) premise, if it is that MTG has poor judgment.

But your first post claimed she was not representative of the GOP. H-Dog followed with an equivalence to AOC.

Looks like you found a way to "pontificate and disagree" before I did, in your exchanges with Pally and Nati.

Here are the questions you are dodging

1. How many voters can no longer distinguish between judgements they don't like (like critique of Palestinian dispossession), but which nevertheless have a determinable factual/legal grounding, and judgments which have no such grounding (like the claimed existence of Jewish space lasers and Christian persecution in Ukraine).

2. To what degree is the difference between the two parties is becoming this kind of difference--the inability of a critical mass of voters to recognize absence of factual accountability, and so false equivalence, when they encounter it.

And now in your response to Dino you are, again, insisting on that equivalence, plus with MTG and AOC. And no, praising protestors who stand up for Palestinian rights is not in the same ball park as Jewish space lasers.  That's why "left" and center posters don't follow you in smearing people who stand up for human rights.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 09:41 AM)Mike M (the other one) Wrote: Now you know what MTG and Boebert's jobs are. Stay on Page 1, and the other political stuff is all page 3-4 fodder and doesn't get in the spotlight. It's a page straight out of Daddy Trumps' book. 

Now that we've cleared that up, Do you know who the Eff i am??? Tongue

Think you are right about that.
Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 05:05 PM)Dill Wrote: How honest can this really be?  You would not be dodging my "point" if it weren't "breaking through."

"Dodging" is not the same as refusing to endlessly repeat oneself to your circuitous arguments.  The interesting thing is I can think of five other posters off the top of my head that have pointed out your propensity in this regard and you still, apparently, are utterly clueless about it.  You try to hoist me up as the great contrarian here, who stirs shit, but the only people in this thread complaining about the majority position are you and the other hemisphere of your brain.

Reply/Quote
(04-23-2024, 06:30 PM)Sociopathicsteelerfan Wrote: "Dodging" is not the same as refusing to endlessly repeat oneself to your circuitous arguments.  The interesting thing is I can think of five other posters off the top of my head that have pointed out your propensity in this regard and you still, apparently, are utterly clueless about it.  You try to hoist me up as the great contrarian here, who stirs shit, but the only people in this thread complaining about the majority position are you and the other hemisphere of your brain.

What is the "majority position" then that I "complain" about?  Above you said:

"...it's quite an interesting comment on your person that you could still find a way to vehemently argue in a thread where literally everyone agrees that MTG is an embarrassing buffoon."

Unless you can show a post in which I contest the consensus view that MTG is an "embarrassing buffoon," then this is just deflection, and would be uncritical deference to groupthink if there were such a majority regarding the question you raised and I addressed.

Along with at least three other people on this thread, I've found a way to "vehemently argue" that MTG is more representative of the GOP than you acknowledge, and that AOC and Tlaib are not equivalent "loonies." 

You don't like where that's going, hence you constantly accuse me of "endlessly repeating" something I've not repeated once. 
Reply/Quote