Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Markus Bailey
Dude looks the part. Hope he can become the guy that destroyed OSU almost by himself.

https://twitter.com/mb_boiler21/status/1398015164805533697?s=20

I apologize to those without twitter. I tried to post a picture from it and it wouldn't let me. (Translation: I couldn't figure it out so I cussed at the screen)
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 05:27 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: Dude looks the part.  Hope he can become the guy that destroyed OSU almost by himself.  

https://twitter.com/mb_boiler21/status/1398015164805533697?s=20

I apologize to those without twitter.  I tried to post a picture from it and it wouldn't let me.  (Translation:  I couldn't figure it out so I cussed at the screen)

here you go

Fueled by the pursuit of greatness.

Reply/Quote
Yeah as a buckeye fan I was pretty pumped when we grabbed him late. Steal potential now that he’s healthy. We’ve got a lot of young LBers who deserve a shot this year before we go trying to replace them. Hopefully one or two rise to the top and solidify a spot that has been weak for a long time now.
Reply/Quote
Bailey could of went in the 2nd to 3rd round if he wasn't coming off injury. Great instincts and is always around the ball
while being a solid tackler and a good cover backer. Definitely a dark horse for me as a breakout player soon. Might not
be this year but we will see. Think both Wilson and ADG are going to make a big jump this year as they got more snaps
as rookies last season.

If the game slows down for ADG look out. Crazy talent. Wilson is already our best and most solid LB that can do it all.

What is great about this thread is where Ossai fits in, he can stand up too. I think a lot of people are forgetting this.
Reply/Quote
I am not going to go so far as to predict he will develop into a good NFL player, but I am excited by the amount of potential he has for such a late draft pick.

In 2016 he finished 5th in the Big Ten in both solo tackles (61) and interceptions (4).

In '17 and '18 he had 204 tackles, 149 solo tackles, 20 TFL, 13.5 sacks, and 2 ints.

in 2018 he led the Big Ten (and finished #6 in the nation) with 82 solo tackles.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 05:40 PM)fredtoast Wrote: I am not going to go so far as to predict he will develop into a good NFL player, but I am excited by the amount of potential he has for such a late draft pick.

In 2016 he finished 5th in the Big Ten in both solo tackles (61) and interceptions (4).

In '17 and '18 he had 204 tackles, 149 solo tackles, 20 TFL, 13.5 sacks, and 2 ints.

in 2018 he led the Big Ten (and finished #6 in the nation) with 82 solo tackles.

The Big Ten is no joke. I like his potential as well. Really hoping to see all the rookie LB's from last year make big strides. Wilson showed flashes for sure but Bailey could be a big pleasant surprise over the next year. 
Reply/Quote
Hope he contributes this year. I remember him getting absolutely burned last year on one play. Might have been K Hunt out of the backfield in the redzone.

Anyways, won’t let one play ruin him, hoping he sees the light this year cuz his college tape is pretty incredible as others mentioned.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 05:31 PM)pally Wrote: here you go

It's raining pretty hard here so I figured there's no way in hell that they'd be practicing outside but just another reminder of how much our tight ass owner prevents us from being a respectable franchise and having something that a lot of high schools even have with an indoor practice facility.

I guess this isn't the time or thread but I'm just still so blown away by it.  

Anyways, like Nate said, I LOVE his potential because he always seemed to be around the ball, could rush the passer, and could make plays on the ball in the passing game.

He seems like the perfect type of linebacker for the new style of play in the NFL and I think he could be a hell of a signing!

He might not make a big immediate impact, but I can see him opening some eyes as a rookie ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
This is the most optimistic I’ve been over the future of this team in a long time.Fun to watch how all the pieces of the puzzle are coming together for this team.I have a good feeling about it.Hoping the injury bug doesn’t hit us this year.If all goes well,This is going to be one exciting team to watch.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 06:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's raining pretty hard here so I figured there's no way in hell that they'd be practicing outside but just another reminder of how much our tight ass owner prevents us from being a respectable franchise and having something that a lot of high schools even have with an indoor practice facility.

Anyways, like Nate said, I LOVE his potential because he always seemed to be around the ball, could rush the passer, and could make plays on the ball in the passing game.

He seems like the perfect type of linebacker for the new style of play in the NFL and I think he could be a hell of a signing!

He might not make a big immediate impact, but I can see him opening some eyes as a rookie ThumbsUp

This is Markus's sophomore year Brad but yeah, what you said. ThumbsUp
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 07:51 PM)ezekiel23 Wrote: This is the most optimistic I’ve been over the future of this team in a long time.Fun to watch how all the pieces of the puzzle are coming together for this team.I have a good feeling about it.Hoping the injury bug doesn’t hit us this year.If all goes well,This is going to be one exciting team to watch.

Would be pretty crazy for the injury bug to hit us as hard this year as last year.

This always seems to be our biggest concern. What is nice is having a player like Bailey as depth in case Wilson or ADG get hurt.

He is smart and talented enough to step in, as GCB said, he got beat as a rookie last year bad but who doesn't? Gotta learn.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 08:46 PM)Nate (formerly eliminate08) Wrote: This is Markus's sophomore year Brad but yeah, what you said. ThumbsUp

Yeah...... don’t know what I was thinking lol.

Wasn’t he injured before the season last year so he really didn’t get much of a chance?

Anyways, I’m still excited about his potential, especially because our backing core seems so weak to me, and I’m hoping that he can show some of the playmaking potential that he showed at Purdue and end up being a steal for us!
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 06:47 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: It's raining pretty hard here so I figured there's no way in hell that they'd be practicing outside but just another reminder of how much our tight ass owner prevents us from being a respectable franchise and having something that a lot of high schools even have with an indoor practice facility.

Yeah who could imagine practicing the game in the conditions it is played in. That we must do all we can to pamper these millionaire athletes.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 09:00 PM)BFritz21 Wrote: Yeah...... don’t know what I was thinking lol.

Wasn’t he injured before the season last year so he really didn’t get much of a chance?

Anyways, I’m still excited about his potential, especially because our backing core seems so weak to me, and I’m hoping that he can show some of the playmaking potential that he showed at Purdue and end up being a steal for us!

He had a bad knee injury, ACL, MCL, something real bad. It is the reason he fell and yeah why he didn't play much early in the 
year with Pratt, Bynes, Wilson and ADG in front of him. I don't find the LB position weak, just really young. But Logan is a natural
leader and I think this is why we haven't went after LB's as much, it isn't as weak according the the coaches and FO that is for 
sure and I like Golden as a LB coach.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 09:21 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Yeah who could imagine practicing the game in the conditions it is played in. That we must do all we can to pamper these millionaire athletes.

True, but it is also nice to have an option and stop this issue from even being mentioned about Mikey boy being cheap.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 09:21 PM)OSUfan Wrote: Yeah who could imagine practicing the game in the conditions it is played in. That we must do all we can to pamper these millionaire athletes.

It's about health and it's about being able to practice without outside forces effecting how you prepare.  These guys have played football all of their lives and I'm pretty sure they know how to play in the elements, so what good does it do to practice in the rain when you might not play a game in the rain all year.

It's about improving and getting better at what you do, not getting better at playing in the elements.
Reply/Quote
would love to see this kid succeed!
Reply/Quote
I'm hoping he becomes one of those steals we're always talking about.
Reply/Quote
(05-28-2021, 09:49 PM)bengalfan74 Wrote: I'm hoping he becomes one of those steals we're always talking about.

We have had a few, just hope the coaching comes around. 

Honestly I think Ossai and ADG along with Bailey could be all steals. We will see.
Reply/Quote
I love how they addressed the LB position by not doing a damn thing. Let them grow into their roles. Bailey as a 7th rounder is already better than a 4th or 5th rounder from the following draft. A year in the system, actual live game time and an off-season without any direct competition does a lot for confidence and team chemistry. If they all grow, they'll be no need to address LB next year either.
Only users lose drugs.
:-)-~~~
Reply/Quote