Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Markus Bailey
(05-31-2021, 06:36 PM)SHRacerX Wrote: While this is true, it is usually the respiratory infections that hit them from practicing outdoors.  You feel like shit when your body is fighting one.  I just think as highly paid, fine-tuned athletes, they should be provided the best possible practice facilities and in the best conditions.  It isn't something they have to use every day, but when they are playing a dome team, or something, there is no need to practice that week outside.  

That's what i don't get about people that shout "pampered athletes!!1!1!11" You're not pampering anyone. You're giving them a chance to impliment game plans under perfect conditions and you still have the option of practicing outside, whether the weather is good or bad. 

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

"The measure of a man's intelligence can be seen in the length of his argument."
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 06:58 PM)grampahol Wrote: As much as I hate cold weather I'm not dumb enough to think it's responsible for transmitting viruses.. The only thing cold has to do with transmission of viruses is people come inside close together to be away from the cold..End of story. If you believe otherwise then there's always trumpism for you as well. Drink bleach to cure it.

Here is one of the no-science places, the CDC:

Cold Related Illnesses | NIOSH |CDC
[/url]https://www.cdc.gov › niosh › topics › coldstress › coldrel...
[url=https://www.cdc.gov/niosh/topics/coldstress/coldrelatedillnesses.html]

Search for: What illnesses can you get from being out in the cold?

Does being cold lower your immune system?
Some of this may have to do with a few infectious organisms, like flu viruses, thriving in colder temperatures, but there's also evidence that exposure to cold temperatures suppresses the immune system, so the opportunities for infection increase.Jan 1, 2010

Furthermore, when someone is out exerting themselves in cold climate, their sinuses will likely be draining and can irritate the throat causing difficulty swallowing and discomfort.  

The bottom line:  There is a reason every single team has access to one on a regular basis that practices north of Atlanta.  
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 07:47 PM)rfaulk34 Wrote: That's what i don't get about people that shout "pampered athletes!!1!1!11" You're not pampering anyone. You're giving them a chance to impliment game plans under perfect conditions and you still have the option of practicing outside, whether the weather is good or bad. 

I wonder if it is "pampered athletes" that have indoor practice facilities to avoid extreme HEAT in some areas.  Or maybe they are trying to keep them from cramping up on a gameday from continual dehydration.  
Reply/Quote
(05-31-2021, 07:21 PM)Isaac Curtis: The Real #85 Wrote: Baily without the injuries would certainly have gone higher.
I hope he can turn into a player, but I am not holding my breath.

PFF ratings on our backers last year:

Bynes: 52.6 (not brought back)
Pratt: 41.5
-------------
L. Wilson: 54.7
ADG: 40.7
---------
Evans: 61.0
Bailey: 32.6

LB is a huge problem for us. Along with OL, lacking a deep threat, pass rush, DT, and WR depth. And HC.

Chase should be the deep threat. Reiff is an upgrade over Hart pass blocking (but not in the run game). Carman is a rookie switching positions. The other 2 rooks likely don't contribute this year. They are hoping Pollack can put lipstick on Turner's pig. Not sure Hendrickson is an uograde from Lawson. Ossai & C. Sample are rookies. But have solid potential. Our DE depth should be much better. Ditto DT. Reader, Tupou, & Wren all healthy. Ogujobi & Mack added. Daniels back.

Even guys like Ray Lewis struggled when his defensive line couldn't keep him clean to make plays.  The Bengals were fielding a group of nobodys (sorry, but it is true) at DT for most of last season and they got destroyed.  LB play is greatly affected by the play of the defense.  You mentioned reasons why the DT positions should be much improved this year, and that will also help the LBs.  The real bonus is Wilson and ADG got significant playing time last year.  Bailey not so much, but at least he is healthy this season.  
Reply/Quote