Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marv to players: the next job lost could be yours...
Im so ready to see Marv hit the bricks. After the players forced out his bud he's no longer Mr.Conservative and heads are gonna roll?

What a chump.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get folks want Marvin gone, but what do we expect him to say?

I have no problem with him calling out the players; obviously, I'm in the minority.

Sounds more like the rhetoric he spewed during Hard Knocks, "It is your football team, find a way to fix it!" There's a problem here. When your game-plan and coaching staff suck, telling the players to do this is like trying to fix a leaky faucet during a category 5 hurricane. Not going to happen because the majority don't wan't to be there, and the decision is ridiculous. I don't think the players have ever been the problem. Bad players can be coached to greatness. Bad coaching is nothing but a heaping pile of shit that stinks up the place every day. Yet in our case, for 15yrs. Theoretically, we were never close to a playoff win regardless of the record. He was incapable of coaching at that level.

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
If we feel this way, I can only imagine some of the players feel this way as well....

If this team has 10% of the animosity this message board carries, I don't expect this team to look good anytime soon....

(oh and for the record **** Marvin for even saying that in the first place)
Reply/Quote
This guy is a riot.
Reply/Quote
Nothing...repeat..NOTHING will change even if Marvin is fired! Only if Brown gets out of the offices and either sells the team OR let's his daughter/family take over will it change. Change starts from the top down. Getting excited about any new HC won't matter unless Brown gives up total control.....do you see that happening?? I don't i'm sorry to say. End of rant.

Rock On
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:18 PM)RobertG Wrote: According to this article, a Bengals executive said that Dalton's play has been "puke worthy." It's time to blow things up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733736-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-is-it-time-to-make-some-changes-in-cincy?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

It says a league executive said that, not a team executive. True statement though.
Reply/Quote
Interview quote:

"The next job lost could be yours...but mine is safe safe safe!"  *giggle* *giggle*

-Marvin Lewis
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get folks want Marvin gone, but what do we expect him to say?

I have no problem with him calling out the players; obviously, I'm in the minority.

Marvin should have start doing this years ago. Now its just a sign of desperation. I think he's really on the hot seat. This is unMarv like.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:18 PM)RobertG Wrote: According to this article, a Bengals executive said that Dalton's play has been "puke worthy."  It's time to blow things up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733736-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-is-it-time-to-make-some-changes-in-cincy?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial
Ban coming Hilarious
Reply/Quote
Well it could be worse. He could have came out wearing a blue spandex suit, red tighties and a red cape on to motivate the team.

You're welcome for the image, especially the red tighties.
“Don't give up. Don't ever give up.” - Jimmy V

Reply/Quote
C'mon folks. We know that we root for the NFL's version of the Washington Generals and for those too young to remember they were that ALL AMERICAN team that NEVER beat the Harlem Globe Trotters. 
You know..The white guys in the show..
The music in the stadium ought to be Sweet Georgia Brown.. 
https://youtu.be/opmwfRqdGsg
In the immortal words of my old man, "Wait'll you get to be my age!"

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
Hey, isn't that Marvin coaching the other team? 
https://youtu.be/UrNyw1why70

Chicago sounds rough to the maker of verse, but the one comfort we have is Cincinnati sounds worse. ~Oliver Wendal Holmes Sr.

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:18 PM)RobertG Wrote: According to this article, a Bengals executive said that Dalton's play has been "puke worthy."  It's time to blow things up.

(09-20-2017, 11:50 PM)Fresno B Wrote: Ban coming Hilarious

Yeah totally. There may be a ban coming, but it wouldn't be for the guy posting negative articles on Dalton. It'd be for the guy suggesting that mods ban guys for illegitimate reasons.  ThumbsUp
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote

.....well, he's about 10 years too late in this.....give or take a couple years.

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 09:30 PM)HarleyDog Wrote: Sounds more like the rhetoric he spewed during Hard Knocks, "It is your football team, find a way to fix it!" There's a problem here. When your game-plan and coaching staff suck, telling the players to do this is like trying to fix a leaky faucet during a category 5 hurricane. Not going to happen because the majority don't wan't to be there, and the decision is ridiculous. I don't think the players have ever been the problem. Bad players can be coached to greatness. Bad coaching is nothing but a heaping pile of shit that stinks up the place every day. Yet in our case, for 15yrs. Theoretically, we were never close to a playoff win regardless of the record. He was incapable of coaching at that level.

Yeah.....it's kinda hard to imagine that we have continuously drafted, signed, and traded for choke artist players for 15 CONSECUTIVE YEARS.  Right?  No way it falls on coaching and organizational failure, right?  Some would have us believe exactly that. LMAO

Reply/Quote
Isn't this whole thing a bit like the movies where the guy gets a hot tip on the horse that is a sure thing, but of course never pays out? The guy has to rip up the ticket in anguish and find another way to save the family farm and at the last second finally inherits his long lost uncles fortune except in this version the uncle owns the farm and never dies.. His family gets all the money and us bastard step children all starve and slave away on the farm that's been sold off to land developers and turned into cheap tract housing and McMansions.. 
On a happy note, gee! The uniforms are always nice and clean!  

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:07 AM)Wyche Wrote: Yeah.....it's kinda hard to imagine that we have continuously drafted, signed, and traded for choke artist players for 15 CONSECUTIVE YEARS.  Right?  No way it falls on coaching and organizational failure, right?  Some would have us believe exactly that. LMAO

Failure? Since when have they failed? It's a multi billion dollar enterprise with a billion dollar stadium that they don't have to pay for. 
By any other standard that's the very definition of wildly successful! Name any other product where all the customers hate the company owner, all the management, has to pay for the company building and pay to see it churn out inferior products year after year AND has people paying to run a website that's very reason for existing is to discuss the company and buys WAY overpriced clothing with the companies employees names on it.. Failure indeed! 

Cue the Sesame street song, One of these things is not like the others.  One of these things just doesn't belong .....

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 12:14 AM)Millhouse Wrote: Well it could be worse. He could have came out wearing a blue spandex suit, red tighties and a red cape on to motivate the team.

You're welcome for the image, especially the red tighties.

Or how about dropping your pants as a symbolic gesture? 

[Image: lqlyuwwueuudfvphjpbv.jpg]
Reply/Quote

From the comments section....

"you shouldnt expect much in terms of writing from Mike Freeman. The guy lied about going to college to get a job. AND is still in the business. That i will never understand. His knees must be bloody and bruised."

Reply · 18 hrs

LMAO

As to CK.....I think Jim O dispelled that myth.  If we're gonna make a change at QB, lets roll with AJM.  Why would we sign a QB that's no better than 3rd string Driskel?  It's just clickbait.

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 09:42 AM)grampahol Wrote: Failure? Since when have they failed? It's a multi billion dollar enterprise with a billion dollar stadium that they don't have to pay for. 
By any other standard that's the very definition of wildly successful! Name any other product where all the customers hate the company owner, all the management, has to pay for the company building and pay to see it churn out inferior products year after year AND has people paying to run a website that's very reason for existing is to discuss the company and buys WAY overpriced clothing with the companies employees names on it.. Failure indeed! 

Cue the Sesame street song, One of these things is not like the others.  One of these things just doesn't belong .....

Business wise, it's absolutely successful.......in the trophy case, not so much.

Reply/Quote