Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marv to players: the next job lost could be yours...
(09-20-2017, 08:18 PM)RobertG Wrote: According to this article, a Bengals executive said that Dalton's play has been "puke worthy."  It's time to blow things up.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2733736-mike-freemans-10-point-stance-is-it-time-to-make-some-changes-in-cincy?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial

Stopped reading at this line:
Quote:but much of the NFL sees a rapidly deteriorating quarterback who is the main culprit in the team's 0-2 start, with the offensive line a not-too-distant second.

"Much of the NFL" is stupid if they think this is the case. The main "culprit" was Zampese, followed closely by the offensive line and, THEN Dalton's bad play would be right there at third. I don't see how anyone thta watches football can't see that.
[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:30 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Stopped reading at this line:

"Much of the NFL" is stupid if they think this is the case. The main "culprit" was Zampese, followed closely by the offensive line and, THEN Dalton's bad play would be right there at third. I don't see how anyone thta watches football can't see that.

Absolutely the way I see it. :andy:

"Better send those refunds..."

[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]
Reply/Quote
What a joke this guy is . Marvin is finally demanding discipline and accountability in year 15 ? because he's worried about his job for once in his career. He is mad that his players got one of his buddies and coaches for life fired. If the players didn't speak up Marvin would have probably never fired Kenny even if we didn't score a touchdown all season. He would just stand on the sidelines clueless all year clapping widely with the team down 3 scores and continue his conservative coaching style, punting at midfield down 3 scores and would continue his horrific clock management blunders. This guy has never won a big game in his career and has always underachived. I have zero faith in him and I think the players are finally exposing him for the fraud he is. This coaching staff can't handle us calling them out. I wonder if Alexander still thinks fans " have a witch hunt " out for his boy Bodine.
Reply/Quote
You don't bench a 1st round pick after two starts at his position he played RT last year got maybe a start or two at LT. Not enough to get solid at the spot you have to give the new tackles a chance. They both faced guys Suggs and Watt that dominate vets and you want to throw them under the bus after two starts crazy talk. Now Bodine and Boling both have played enough games at their spot to talk about benching if their play is not up to par but not the tackles that has only had two starts.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 08:37 PM)bfine32 Wrote: I get folks want Marvin gone, but what do we expect him to say?

I have no problem with him calling out the players; obviously, I'm in the minority.

It's not even what he said; It's the irony of the statement. The players will never ever admit it, but why in the world would a threat from him be taken seriously? The man is on a lame duck year and riding a dumpster fire into a lake filled with gas. This is his last shot to circle the troops and "win one for the skipper", but in reality they probably want a new leader.  

Just my .02 cents. 
[Image: images?q=tbn:ANd9GcS2LMwnxebk2zwcBWk4W7X...I8vWk4x3_g]
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 02:35 AM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Yeah totally. There may be a ban coming, but it wouldn't be for the guy posting negative articles on Dalton. It'd be for the guy suggesting that mods ban guys for illegitimate reasons.  ThumbsUp

Hilarious Threatened with a ban for speaking truth. Wow thats a low blow.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 11:34 AM)Hoofhearted Wrote: It's not even what he said; It's the irony of the statement. The players will never ever admit it, but why in the world would a threat from him be taken seriously? The man is on a lame duck year and riding a dumpster fire into a lake filled with gas. This is his last shot to circle the troops and "win one for the skipper", but in reality they probably want a new leader.  

Just my .02 cents. 

Spot on assessment , this reeks of absolute desperation. Everything this season is the worse case scenario. The offensive line terrible just like we thought , Marvin pathetic and underachieving as always, Eifert injured as always, pacman and Burfict suspend again and no production yet from our 1st/ 2nd round draft picks ( Ross , Mixion) which is Turing into a disturbing trend , Ced, Dennard, Willam Jackson III, Fisher ,Hunt, etc.
Reply/Quote
As much as some players clearly stink up the joint, I still think the coaches need to be called to account more than the players. They've only made a start at fixing that problem.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 11:42 AM)Fresno B Wrote: Hilarious Threatened with a ban for speaking truth. Wow thats a low blow.

Can't say I didn't warn ya. Bye.

Meanwhile, plenty of folks can bash Dalton freely and somehow retain their ability to post. Amazing isn't it?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 11:12 AM)BengalsBong Wrote: You don't bench a 1st round pick after two starts at his position he played RT last year got maybe a start or two at LT. Not enough to get solid at the spot you have to give the new tackles a chance. They both faced guys Suggs and Watt that dominate vets and you want to throw them under the bus after two starts crazy talk. Now Bodine and Boling both have played enough games at their spot to talk about benching if their play is not up to par but not the tackles that has only had two starts.

The problem is that last year he played 11 games at RT and was the worst RT in the league. He was then moved to LT and gave up 2-3 sacks. Ced just flat out sucks right now. He is doing absolutely nothing to deserve being trotted out there each game. If the Bengals would have used some of that cap money to upgrade at least center and 1 of RT/LT, we could be in a much better spot right now. On the flip side, better OLine play may mean that Zampese would still be here.
Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 01:24 PM)muskiesfan Wrote: The problem is that last year he played 11 games at RT and was the worst RT in the league. He was then moved to LT and gave up 2-3 sacks. Ced just flat out sucks right now. He is doing absolutely nothing to deserve being trotted out there each game. If the Bengals would have used some of that cap money to upgrade at least center and 1 of RT/LT, we could be in a much better spot right now. On the flip side, better OLine play may mean that Zampese would still be here.

[Image: tumblr_m7rz2mYKY91r10gyho1_500.gif]

"Better send those refunds..."

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 10:30 AM)PhilHos Wrote: Stopped reading at this line:

Spot on, brother. Zampese was a shit OC and we quite possibly have the worst OLine in the NFL. Regardless of whatever BS people want to try and throw out there, Dalton's career speaks so much louder than these 2 games. While not great, he did improve on his first game. I expect to see him take another step forward against Green Bay.

Another culprit is his weapons. Besides Green, I think people are mistaken about the talent on this team. Yes, we have good weapons, but they're not top of the league. I believe Dalton has helped to make his weapons look better (besides Green) because he had time to do so. Now that the line is putrid, he has not been elevating everyone else.
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lewis-winless-bengals-job-lost-49981720

Other than a couple Marv homers, I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing about this one.

[Image: giphy.gif]
Reply/Quote
If we go 4-12 and Marvin doesn't get fired I fully expect Dalton and AJ Green and company to cheer wildly in approval unlike those cowards who quit on this model franchise 7 years earlier.
Reply/Quote
"Guys, accountability starts right below the guy below me."
“Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I’m not sure about the universe.” ― Albert Einstein

http://www.reverbnation.com/leftyohio  singersongwriterrocknroll

Reply/Quote
Anybody give me a comment Marvin could make to his players about their poor showing that would make you happy, in which, Marvin could still retain his legitimate power
[Image: bfine-guns2.png]

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 03:22 PM)Nately120 Wrote: If we go 4-12 and Marvin doesn't get fired I fully expect Dalton and AJ Green and company to cheer wildly in approval unlike those cowards who quit on this model franchise 7 years earlier.

[Image: tenor.gif]
You can always trust an dishonest man to be dishonest. Honestly, it's the honest ones you have to look out for.
"Winning makes believers of us all"-Paul Brown
Reply/Quote
There are a lot of culprits here. The horrid OL, poor scheming, lack of sufficient practice reps in preseason to get the first team offense fully ready and yes Andy had a bad first game. But I also wonder how much of his struggles came from a system by Zampese that prevented anyone (Andy, the RBs, the receivers) from getting into any kind of rhythm?
Reply/Quote
(09-20-2017, 07:04 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: http://abcnews.go.com/Sports/wireStory/lewis-winless-bengals-job-lost-49981720

Other than a couple Marv homers, I'm sure we're all thinking the same thing about this one.

The next job that could be lost should be Marvin's.
Zac Taylor 2019-2020: 6 total wins
Zac Taylor 2021-2022: Double-digit wins each season, plus 5 postseason wins
Patience has paid off!

Sorry for Party Rocking!

Reply/Quote
(09-21-2017, 03:53 PM)bfine32 Wrote: Anybody give me a comment Marvin could make to his players about their poor showing that would make you happy, in which, Marvin could still retain his legitimate power

I think that's part of the issue. I'm not sure has much legitimacy left with the players at this point.

I'm not sure it matters what he says...because his whole shtick has become so incredibly stale and uninspiring. 

Honestly, after his speech, which do you think there was more of among the players: internal eyerolls or renewed motivation?
Reply/Quote