Thread Rating:
  • 0 Vote(s) - 0 Average
Marvin Brown, please step down..
(12-20-2016, 05:23 PM)Wyche Wrote: Dude, we were kicking onsides kicks in the 4th quarter. LMAO Pretty sure he lined up for a FG with seconds remaining on the clock. Sammy was my dawg!

Man oh man. That gets me pumped just thinking about it.

Anyone have a link for a video.
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 08:32 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: Man oh man. That gets me pumped just thinking about it.

Anyone have a link for a video.

I do not have a link to the video.  However, part of my point in posting this thread was to bring attention to the fact that things don't have to be this way.  The Bengals have had "killer" coaches, and can have one again.  They just need to choose to do so.
[Image: 4CV0TeR.png]

Volson is meh, but I like him, and he has far exceeded my expectations

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
(12-20-2016, 09:38 AM)SunsetBengal Wrote: Sad indeed.  What is even sadder, is when I finally realized just how truly dysfunctional our Ownership/management is, compared to franchises with a genuine desire to win championships.

The last two games are perfect examples of what you get. A while back, someone mentioned playing not to lose. Fred asked what's that supposed to mean? Well bud, replay the last two games and understand. Jumped out to big leads in both games, and then shut down the offense. Quite possibly the worst team in the league at making halftime adjustments, the object is not to build a fort and hold your ground, keep your foot on the gas and actually beat the other team. It barely worked against Cleveland, and it failed miserably against Pittsburgh. No discipline, Kirkpatrick laughing at penalties, Burfict at it again, and Pacman crying worse than Ben. This is the first year I haven't watched each game in it's entirety when it happens, I mean; what's the point? Yeah, it's a repetitive thread, but complaining is all we are left with, for the little good it will do. Truly sad when one of the higher points of the year is ownership finally getting rid of the guy who can't make an extra point, let alone a field goal, after we are out of the race; unreal.
Reply/Quote
This was quick and dirty, but I don't have enough time to do it better...

[Image: zOzvuwD.png]
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 12:13 PM)Earendil Wrote: This was quick and dirty, but I don't have enough time to do it better...

That's what she said?
The training, nutrition, medicine, fitness, playbooks and rules evolve. The athlete does not.
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 02:12 PM)Shake n Blake Wrote: That's what she said?

Well, I walked right into that one...
Reply/Quote
(12-21-2016, 05:04 PM)Earendil Wrote: Well, I walked right into that one...

Don't feel badly.  Every year we watch Marvin walk right into the door, without first opening it..

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote
He won't step down and MB will not fire him.

Coaches have big ego's and I guarantee in Marvin's mind he believes he can get it done. It's hard to let go because you have to self admit failure. Marvin will not do this in regards to his job. He may say it in a presser but won't act in regards to his career. His ego won't allow it.
Reply/Quote
Well, with more and more nobodies speculating that Marvin Lewis is going to retire/be fired, we can only hope that he does the right thing.

-Frank Booth 1/9/23
Reply/Quote